[1.3 / 1.4] Tree Farmer w/ cfg and Terminal-Server - V2.1.2

utility networking wireless

11 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.3 / 1.4] Tree Farmer w/ cfg and Terminal-Server - V2.1.2

Is this the best Tree Farmer you know?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Why should I use this Farmer instead of another one?
- Because you need only one Turtle to start farming quite well! No Server-Computer is needed but it is possible to use one as a Terminal. Also the interface is very user-friendly

Terminal? For what?
- The Terminal can pass various commands to the turtle like shutting it down, changing settings and so on.

Hello,

I recently started to use some different treefarming scripts I found in the Forums, and because none of them were perfect for my uses I decided to create one on my own!

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/4aZfqGMN

Code: (I do not guarantee that this version is up-to-date! Please check Pastebin when the version of this code is different to the version below)
Spoiler

Installation:
Spoiler

Instructions:
After finishing the installation process you can simply type 'tree' on any turtle you want to be a Farmer and the same command on any computer you want to be the server. If you want to change the default settings of the turtle you can access the file and change the values at the very top!
Note: try to avoid 'wrong' values meaning for example that you should avoid having more than 64 trees because there are no false value processing algorithms in the program yet, also you should avoid messaging a turtle with a not existing number! (Will change this circumstance soon, I promise!)
To all 1.3 users out there: you have to set
  • slotAmount to 9
  • chestOutput to false
  • saplingMethod to "detect"
Features:
  • Falling the trees in a grid (size variable)
  • Replacing saplings
  • Placing dirt to stay secure while placing saplings
  • Automatically dropping all collected wood into a chest behind it or into a water system
  • Waiting for full saplings (either enough to fill the farm or one entire Stack, can be changed in config)
  • Avoiding wrong destinations because of entities or blocks in his way
  • When executed on a computer with wireless modem the computer will act like a server which can be used to send messages to the (wireless) turtle/s
  • Quite a lot of settings
Commands: (which can be send from the server)
  • change all variables from the .cfg
  • set the turtles startup script
  • delete the turtles startup script
  • stop the farming process
  • shut the turtle down
  • reboot the turtle
Settings:
  • Amount of itemslots (which differ according to the ComputerCraft version)
  • Size of the grid (x, y)
  • Space between two saplings in the grid
  • Space between the saplings and the wall of the Farm
  • Method of detecting Saplings
  • Amount of saplings he will need to start farming (example: If you have a 3*3 grid and set fullSaplings to false the Farmer would wait for 10 saplings (1 reserve))
  • Dropping unnecessary saplings or not (fullSaplings = false only)
  • Waiting time between to runs (after the sapling-time ends)
Change log:
Spoiler

Todo:
  • Add the possibility to put all Items in a chest instead of dropping them
  • Add a redstone output which you can toggle
  • Add fuel refilling options
  • Rewrite the headlines from Turtle and Server
  • Add the possibility to change the side where the chest is
  • ... whatever you want! ;)
Pictures: (or see attached Thumbnails below)
Spoiler

Recent Version: V2.1.2_2
I'm updating every week, check for new updates!

PS: I love feedback ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: back_view.png
  • Attached Image: engine_view.png
  • Attached Image: inside_view.png
  • Attached Image: top_view.png

Attached Files

Edited by nO_OnE, 17 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#2 Starwaster

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostnO_OnE, on 28 November 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hello,

I recently started to use some different treefarming scripts I found in the Forums, and because none of them were perfect for my uses I decided to create one on my own!

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/4aZfqGMN

Installation:
Spoiler

Recent features:
- Falling the trees in a grid (size variable)
- Replacng saplings
- Placing dirt to be save while placing saplings
- Automatically dropping all wood to be collected by a watersystem
- Waiting for full Saplings (either enough to fill the farm or one entire Stack, can be changed in config)
- Avoiding wrong destinations because of entities or blocks in his way
- Quite a lot of settings

Recent Settings:
- Amount of itemslots (which differ according to the ComputerCraft version)
- Size of the grid (x, y)
- Space between two saplings in the grid
- Space between the saplings ans the wall of the Farm
- Method of detecting Saplings
- Amount of saplings he will need to start farming
example: If you have a 3*3 grid ans set fullSaplings to false the Farmer would wait for 10 saplings (1 reserve) until he starts to farm and he would throw away 1 if you give him 11 for example

I will submit a screenshot of the perfect setup for the turtle soon. This will include the watersystem with pipes and so on!

Why not drop the wood in a chest instead?

#3 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostStarwaster, on 28 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Why not drop the wood in a chest instead?
The use of chests was implemented in 1.4 and the code was mainly for 1.3.
It is also compatible with 1.4 and I added this amount of slots variable to make it even more compatible, but how I said: mainly 1.3.

Edit: Maybe I will add this feature lateron, so that 1.4 users are able to enable it, but now it is not available
Edit2: Finally the feature got added in Version 2.1.2! Check it out now ;)

#4 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I just saw the Version 1.0.3 was NOT working properly!!! It had some cfg read and write issues.
Please update to 1.0.4 if you are still having the old version!

#5 AdiCCted

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I tried your program, but there doesn't seem to be an option to stop the turtle from going forever. I always have to terminate it. I can set the delay really high, but I still have to terminate it when I want it to run again. The problem is that I always have to make sure the turtle is stopped at the start when I quit minecraft, otherwise I have to break it and put it back next time. And you should consider making it start from rednet. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's one here with these options http://www.computerc...logger-program/
Anyway, just a couple suggestions. Nice program.

#6 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

First of all, thanks for your feedback!
Your requests seem realizable for me and they are good ideas! I will work on the stop function now and have a look at the rednet later. The rednet has a lower priority because I mainly made this script so that you do not need a computer as a 'server'... I will add this lateron, I promise! :D
Edit: done! both!

Edited by nO_OnE, 06 December 2012 - 06:24 AM.

#7 Expenox

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of my computer.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Going to try to make something like this! :D

#8 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I will soon add the requested rednet features, decided to add the stop function by adding the rednet feature but it really does take some more time than I thought it would... I worked on this for days now. I think it will be finished this sunday or even earlier. ;)

#9 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I finally finished the Version 2.0 two days ago and just wanted to summarize how the new rednet features work:
After setting up your wireless-mining-turtle and crafting another Computer plus a Wireless Modem you have to place the Computer in the nearer area of the farming turtle to be sure they can communicate via wireless rednet (64 blocks in each direction or 17 if you want them to be able to communicate during thunderstorms). After placing the Computer with the modem you can now execute the command which is named 'tree' by default (same as on the turtle) to be able to view the simple interface which let's you communicate between the turtle and the Server. The Server will now be able to get all the things you want a specific turtle to do, like...
- ...changing all variables from the .cfg
- ...setting the turtles startup script
- ...deleting the turtles startup script
- ...stopping the farming process
- ...shutting the turtle down
- ...rebooting the turtle
more features in future releases, feel free to post requests!

#10 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Version 2.1 out now! Check out the new user-friendly inteface with the new comments in the code for explanation

#11 nO_OnE

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

Version 2.1.2 out now and finally adds the 'drop all the stuff in a chest' feature, try it out!
(Place the chest behind the turtle)

#12 Mirodin

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I really like your program, there is just one little thing... I usually attach modems on the backside but it seems the script will not find it.
Also I have to put modems on left and right side otherwise it prints an error message "no modem attached on ... side".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users