[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2.pr1 - Biolock, Keypad, & Redstone Peripherals

peripheral media computer

194 replies to this topic

#161 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

This mod isn't dead. I've got access to the source and plan to update it as best I can sometime soon.

#162 norfair00

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Ok cool, very thanks

#163 RapidEv

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

I just love this mod, i tried to update it but... without the original code, i had some problems.

#164 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

View PostLyqyd, on 17 October 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

This mod isn't dead. I've got access to the source and plan to update it as best I can sometime soon.
At least now you can use Minecraft's unique player ID instead of a randomly generated code for each player. Saves a lot of work I assume.

#165 norfair00

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Where can I get the source code

#166 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

View Postnorfair00, on 30 October 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Where can I get the source code
I do believe that it isn't open source.

#167 norfair00

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

Too bad I wanted to upgrade to a private modpack

#168 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

After playing around with the Biolocks for quite a bit, I have a request for a future release...

Given the following setup:
1. A piston/drawbridge door (something that requires redstone signal to stay closed)
2. Biolocks on both sides of the door - one for each facing of the door.
3. Biolocks programmed with (<side>, 1, 60, true) - so they emit redstone constantly unless activated, then turn off for 3 seconds to 'open' the door

The problem is that since both Biolocks are emitting redstone, there is no way to open the door without activating both biolocks.

My request is for a two-faced Biolock so both sides of a door can be accessed with one biolock (thus resolving the two redstone input problem and allowing for more compact builds). Although I haven't played with the keypads, I'm guessing a 2-faced keypad would also offer the same benefits.

My apologies if there's an easy solution that I'm missing.

Thanks for the fun mod :)

Edited by Dog, 12 November 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#169 Smtgr14

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostDog, on 11 November 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

After playing around with the Biolocks for quite a bit, I have a request for a future release...

Given the following setup:
1. A piston/drawbridge door (something that requires redstone signal to stay closed)
2. Biolocks on both sides of the door - one for each facing of the door.
3. Biolocks programmed with (<side>, 1, 60, true) - so they emit redstone constantly unless activated, then turn off for 3 seconds to 'open' the door

The problem is that since both Biolocks are emitting redstone, there is no way to open the door without activating both biolocks.

My request is for a two-faced Biolock so both sides of a door can be accessed with one biolock (thus resolving the two redstone input problem and allowing for more compact builds). Although I haven't played with the keypads, I'm guessing a 2-faced keypad would also offer the same benefits.

My apologies if there's an easy solution that I'm missing.

Thanks for the fun mod :)
You could simply connect the bio locks to a computer and use the computer to control the door. Additionally, this method keeps the door closed if someone breaks the bio locks and allows you to set up some kind of server validation if you wish along with easy granting and revoking of access to individual users.

#170 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

Smtgr14, thank you for the suggestions, but the biolocks already have user validation, access levels, and redstone output programming built in (if you haven't, read the OP for all the features, including password protection) - one of the reasons for using them is so that you don't have to have a computer at every door. Adding a computer to each door wouldn't solve the problem of people breaking biolocks, because they could just as easily break the computer or door as well. As for granting/revoking access privileges, I have a program pretty much finished, just for that very thing with the biolocks; but it's not worth releasing until I have a solution to the dual-input issue since regular doors are so easy to bypass.

Edited by Dog, 26 November 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#171 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

Sorry I haven't made time to keep this updated anymore; since I don't see myself updating this any time soon, I've decided to make the github repo public. It can be found here. Lyqyd already has full access to this repo, if he has the time/interest any updated versions he chooses to release will be official, regardless anyone else is free to fork the repo and make changes, fixes, etc. as desired. I apologize that the repo is kind of a mess, as I was rather inconsistent in my use of git during pretty much the entire development process.

#172 jmang98

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

Can someone please send me an updated link for the repo, or the repo in general? the link is broken and I'd like to dabble a bit. Thanks in advance

#173 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

Lyqyd, with the repo gone do you still have the source and are you still considering updating this at some point?

#174 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

I do, and Gopher has himself been poking at this recently. I'll whack away at getting it updated again if he doesn't still feel like working on it. I had made a start into it before Gopher started poking at it again, but nothing that would have built successfully yet.

#175 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

derp, sorry, I forgot to update here, and didn't notice the activity because the forum decided, back when I started this thread, that I just shouldn't be aIlowed to follow it. I click follow thread, and I get the little green message that it's talking to the server, and then... nothing. It's very annoying.

Anyway, re: the repo, I ended up changing the repo settings again because, on investigation, I found that the repo was in a basically unusable state, missing essential code that wasn't included in the repo, and containing code that was even more outdated than the last official release. This has been fixed now, though, and I just didn't think to make it public again. It is now accessible, url hasn't changed.

A secondary reason I had made it non-public is that I was considering not just updating, but doing a near-complete rewrite for 1.8; I'm not sure if that's actually going to happen, though, it's just an idea I've been kicking around. Even if it does happen, it would be months, at least, before I have a release of that overhauled version ready, and beyond setting up a 1.8 dev environment, I haven't even started such a project yet, because there's just other things I'd rather be working on right now. If that changes, I'll let everyone know here.

#176 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

With that clarified, I'll keep poking at it as I have time/motivation. I'll upload my current progress to the repo tonight so we don't have a duplication of effort. The missing code is also an issue that has to be worked around, and it's something that's going to take some non-trivial effort to do.

Edit: the progress I've been making has been toward a 1.7.10/gradle changeover, which could then be an easier starting point for updating to 1.8.

#177 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

gopherCore is in the repo now tho, isn't it? So no more missing code...

#178 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the update and for all your work on this...both of you :)

#179 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 06 March 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Oh, is it? If so, great! I had been under the impression that you hadn't been able to find it. That'll be very helpful if it is.

#180 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 06 March 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

View PostGopherAtl, on 06 March 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Oh, is it? If so, great! I had been under the impression that you hadn't been able to find it. That'll be very helpful if it is.

wat? I put it up in gopheratl/biolock2, gave you access, you the one who merged it and committed it back to the Biolock repo. Guess you didn't even notice at the time, but I thoguht that was half the point of me making the biolock2 repo XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users