[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2.pr1 - Biolock, Keypad, & Redstone Peripherals

peripheral media computer

194 replies to this topic

#181 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

Yep, that would've been, no idea how/why I don't remember that.

#182 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Lyqyd and I have been busy the last week, and there's a prerelease of v2.2 for mc 1.7.10 finally ready. All known bugs have been fixed, but there may be more lurking around yet to be uncovered; if anyone tests it and finds any issues, please report them here, either in the thread or on the github repo

download link: BioLock v2.2.pr1 for Minecraft 1.7.10
I've only tested it with cc 1.73, if there have been api changes lately, it may not work with older, but if yer not using 1.73, you should be, all earlier 1.7.10-compatible versions have crucial issues.

#183 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

My earlier beta builds were functional with CC1.65 (I really need to get around to updating my test instance), so this should work with 1.63+, unless major breaking changes happened since I last tested a build. But 1.73 really is the place to be anyway!

Funny enough, I was considering posting an update on the topic earlier in the day, but hadn't had an opportunity to. :P

#184 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

well, I'd finished fixing PRBs, did some other tweaking, and while I still want to do more thorough testing, it seems ready for a PR on the off chance anyone else wants to give it a test-run.

#185 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:19 AM

Woot! FWIW, biolocks seem to be working as expected. Thanks to both of you :)

#186 MittonsMadness

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

Trying to create a program to open a door using the bioscanner. i found a basic GUI program for the scanner, using the program "BioPup", used for ccDialer and associated programs with SGcraft
Is there a way to program access protocols using previously mentioned "BioPup"
For example, I can use the program to record and manage profiles and their associated "punchprints" but I dont know how to get the computer to respond to the attached scanner using "biopup" as the access requirement directory
any ideas or hints?

BioPup : http://pastebin.com/H8LKg8kS

#187 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by 'using "biopup" as the access requirement directory' - can you please elaborate? FWIW, BioPup is just for programming the scanners - once the scanners are programmed you shouldn't need BioPup any further - from that point your program would look for biolock events and act on the data received from those events. To capture the events you would do it like so...
local event, idPrint, attachName, userName, accessLevel = os.pullEvent("biolock")

event captures the event being pulled - in this case, "biolock"
idPrint is the unique id returned when a user swipes a scanner
attachName is the side the scanner is attached to, or the name of the scanner if it is attached via modem/network cable
userName is the programmed name for the user - I believe this will be nil if the user isn't added to the scanner
accessLevel is the assigned access level of the user (1-5) - I believe this will be nil if the user isn't added to the scanner

#188 MittonsMadness

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:46 AM

ill elaborate
I have a litttle system set up like so:

Scanner => Computer Unit(biopup program installed) => door

what I am trying to do is use the scanner to open the door without going through the whole individual code input, as well as add more authorized persons to the access list

the scanner reads the punchprint,= then the computer gets the ok from the profile on the installed software and sends redstone to open door to the right

forgive the confusing use of lingo in prior post :)

#189 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

OK, just to reiterate - BioPup is only for programming the Biolocks - it doesn't hold any information itself. After you've programmed the Biolocks with BioPup you would normally need a program to capture the biolock events and make use of them. In your case, you could actually skip the program and directly program the Biolock to do what you want.

For this to work, set it up like so:
Computer => Scanner => Door

On the computer type lua (all lower case) then press enter. At the prompt type the following:
scanner = peripheral.wrap("right")
scanner.program("right", 1, 60, true)

- In the peripheral.wrap statement, replace "right" with the side of the computer the scanner is on (make sure it's in quotes)
- For the scanner program line, the following applies:
- Replace "right" with the side the door is on
- Replace 1 with the access level you want to access the door (e.g. if you set it to 2 then only people with access level 2 and above will be able to open the door)
- Replace 60 with the number of ticks you want the door to remain open (20 ticks/ second)

After you have programmed the scanner, type exit() to exit the Lua prompt and return to the shell.

This will allow the scanner itself to open the door for authorized users without requiring a special program (except BioPup for adding/removing users).

Edited by Dog, 06 October 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#190 LHman97

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

Hi is there any documentation for how to use them? I dont have the best understanding of computercraft really but i was wondering if you had any documentation i could use. I can work from programs that people have written if anyone has any they would like to give me? :) Thanks

#191 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

The only documentation I'm aware of is in the OP - that's what I work of off.

#192 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

Any plans for an update to CC 1.78 / MC 1.8.9?

#193 nidico100

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

I will include your mod in my modpack :) it's such a great mod
The modpack is called The New World, for more infos, just text me.

#194 Aaronstar

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Locationmid transit in the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

do you have a version for 1.10.2?

Edited by Aaronstar, 18 September 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#195 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

As there was no official release of CC for 1.10.2 I doubt there will be a build of this mod for 1.10.2. If we're lucky we might get a build for 1.12 now that CC is in PR for 1.12; but, based on the lack of replies to previous posts, I'm guessing this mod is no longer being developed.

Edited by Dog, 18 September 2017 - 03:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users