[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2.pr1 - Biolock, Keypad, & Redstone Peripherals

peripheral media computer

194 replies to this topic

#41 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

View Postjewelshisen, on 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Found something. The Biolock doesn't keep prints and programs after you leave the world. Every time I load my world I have to have it relearn my print and reprogram it's behavior. Is there any way to make the programs and prints persistent?

? they should be saving, I tested that before I posted the update. To double-check, I just reloaded my test world from last night, the programs reloaded properly for me. What OS? and could you try to check the error log?

If you go into the world save directory, it should've created a directory called "BioLocks" which should have a lua directory and some nbt files, fistPrints.nbt and a series of numbered files starting with biolock0.nbt. If those aren't there, there should be some errors in the log indicating why.

immibis: haha! Oh, and thanks again for the assist last night, god knows how long it would've taken me to spot the difference between doors and pistons/redstone dust (which is where I would've started looking) and figure out what I'd missed!

#42 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostGopherAtl, on 17 January 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

View Postjewelshisen, on 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Found something. The Biolock doesn't keep prints and programs after you leave the world. Every time I load my world I have to have it relearn my print and reprogram it's behavior. Is there any way to make the programs and prints persistent?

? they should be saving, I tested that before I posted the update. To double-check, I just reloaded my test world from last night, the programs reloaded properly for me. What OS? and could you try to check the error log?

If you go into the world save directory, it should've created a directory called "BioLocks" which should have a lua directory and some nbt files, fistPrints.nbt and a series of numbered files starting with biolock0.nbt. If those aren't there, there should be some errors in the log indicating why.

immibis: haha! Oh, and thanks again for the assist last night, god knows how long it would've taken me to spot the difference between doors and pistons/redstone dust (which is where I would've started looking) and figure out what I'd missed!

Well I am running windows 7 and my biolock folder has everything. Not sure where the log file is.

#43 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

hmm. Try picking up the biolock, then hover over it in inventory and see what id# it has, make sure there's a matching biolock#.nbt file? For some reason when I actually dropped in the updated mod it seemed to reset my blocks, but reprogramming them saved fine. I was hoping that was the result of my repeated back-and-forth testing with highly defective versions, but it's possible it's not.

And biolock's stuff winds up in ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (0 is most recent, 1 is the previous session, etc), in single-player. with a separate server it'll be ForgeModLoader-server-0.log instead.

#44 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

When I try and pick it up it doesn't have an id# and I found the long but have no clue what you are looking for in it.

#45 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

have you tried reprogramming it since updating, or did you just lose the program from before the update? An unprogrammed biolock should drop with no id, one with a program should keep the id (and programs).

If reprogramming it after the update doesn't resolve the problem, just upload the log somewhere I can see it (is there a size limit on pastebin?). There probably won't be anything obvious like a stack trace, just some warning/error messages which may or may not be prefixed with either [BioLock] or [BioBlock] (latter being a typo I keep making for some reason)

#46 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Alright. I'll try programing it again and then if it still won't hold the program I'll post the log

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/RKyMN4CA

#47 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

hrm. Not sure when you edited that in but I didn't notice until now. Read the log, it's not logging any errors, but I notice it always winds up setting the id to 0, which is the id shared by all new, un-programmed biolocks. The minute you set a redstone program or learn a bioprint, it should be assigned an id starting with 1. I'm going to have to poke around a bit to even figure out what could be going wrong, as I haven't managed to reproduce this myself. Interactions with other mods don't seem like to cause this sort of thing though.

#48 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 17 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

hrm. Not sure when you edited that in but I didn't notice until now. Read the log, it's not logging any errors, but I notice it always winds up setting the id to 0, which is the id shared by all new, un-programmed biolocks. The minute you set a redstone program or learn a bioprint, it should be assigned an id starting with 1. I'm going to have to poke around a bit to even figure out what could be going wrong, as I haven't managed to reproduce this myself. Interactions with other mods don't seem like to cause this sort of thing though.

Ok then. Sorry I seem to be ending up with so many bugs.

#49 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

don't be, I made the bugs, you just reported it. I may end up having to make a custom build with lots of debugging statements to the log for you, if I can't find anything that would be causing this. Assuming you're willing to test it for me?

#50 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 17 January 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

don't be, I made the bugs, you just reported it. I may end up having to make a custom build with lots of debugging statements to the log for you, if I can't find anything that would be causing this. Assuming you're willing to test it for me?

Sure! I'd be more than willing to run the bug test for you! I love this mod and just wish i knew java enough to make mods

#51 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Just checking to see if you have the test version ready yet.

#52 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Not yet. Sorry, been distracted by other things. I'll PM it to you when I have one put together, should get to it this weekend, tonight or tomorrow morning.

#53 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Ah cool. I am happy to bug test and/or beta test for you

#54 Pixelmnkey

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

After i logged out and in on my server the biolockk block dosn't remember me anymore, it was working like a charm even if i unloaded the chunk, what could cause it?

#55 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostPixelmnkey, on 19 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

After i logged out and in on my server the biolockk block dosn't remember me anymore, it was working like a charm even if i unloaded the chunk, what could cause it?

Gopher is working on making a bug test version. I have the same issue so once the bug test is ready he is gonna have me test it out.

#56 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

it would be more accurate to say I've been planning to put together a bug test version...<_< about to grab something to eat, but after that I'll be getting to work, should have a test version shortly after that.

I really hate bugs I can't reproduce...

#57 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

it would be more accurate to say I've been planning to put together a bug test version...<_</> about to grab something to eat, but after that I'll be getting to work, should have a test version shortly after that.

I really hate bugs I can't reproduce...

I bet... Those bugs have to be a huge pain to find. But at least I am not the only one with this bug.

#58 Pixelmnkey

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, i know it's a pain to find thoose bugs, but atleast for me, just logging out ( the computer was removed tho, only the biolock remains ) it dosn't send rs signal anymore, also i have to use redstone + repeater+ rp2 wire since it dosn't send rs signal into rp2 wires, i guess that has something to do with cc, not with yours, right?

#59 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

the rp thing might be me, I haven't tried it with rp wires yet actually, was planning to add rp support in the next update tho so I'll see if I can sort that issue out then.

I worked on a version last night, and then at around 2am I somehow accidentally ran "cleanup" instead of "reobfuscate" in the mcp directory, which undid all my work. Going back out of town today, but my computer where I'm going has the source from the first time I ported to 1.4.6, which I neglected to bring with me when I came back here earlier this month. Will apply the v1.0.8 fix from earlier this week to that source and re-add the logging features; I expect that might fix jewelshisens's problem, not sure if yours is exactly the same or not, pixelmnkey, since you haven't give me a log or anything. Won't be until late tonight or early tomorrow that I have anything, though; sorry for the delays :/

#60 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Hey it's fine~ Take your time because I have tons. :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users