[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2.pr1 - Biolock, Keypad, & Redstone Peripherals

peripheral media computer

194 replies to this topic

#61 Pixelmnkey

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

No worries, enough that you made such a great addon, i don't have a log since it isn't actually a error that mc logs, the biolock just forgets who am i each time i relog, nothing else.

#62 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hey just checking for an update on that bug test version

#63 digipenguin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

so, if you program a bioscanner, and then destroy the computer that programmed it, does the bioscanner still follow the rules, or is the computer required to make it work?

EDIT: just read the description better, please disregard this post

#64 absorr

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi, I would like to add your mod into a Tekkit addon I am making called the Hackers' Modkit. The modkit is all about adding more things for programming lovers to be able to do more with their code within Tekkit Lite. It will be an addon through the new custom zip feature in the Technic Launcher. You will, of course, be given the proper credit for your mod. I hope to hear from you soon with your reply!

#65 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Sorry for slow response, somehow I missed the notification when you posted, absorr. Feel free to bundle it in any modpacks you like, public or private. I just ask that you not modify the modinfo file, and anywhere you publicly post a download link that includes the mod, also link to this thread in that same post. Credit aside, many of the biolock's features would be hard to figure out without the documentation!

#66 jewelshisen

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostGopherAtl, on 28 February 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Sorry for slow response, somehow I missed the notification when you posted, absorr. Feel free to bundle it in any modpacks you like, public or private. I just ask that you not modify the modinfo file, and anywhere you publicly post a download link that includes the mod, also link to this thread in that same post. Credit aside, many of the biolock's features would be hard to figure out without the documentation!

So you ARE still alive! JK! Been missing this mod.

#67 hego555

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I would like a bit of assistance.

status = bio.learn(name,30)

its returning false

So its not learning the name?

I have edited the config files to all up to 30 levels.

I:bioLock_InternalMemorySize=30

EDIT:
status = bio.learn(name,5)
Still doesnt return true

I think I misread the documentation, when it said limit 16,I thought it was referring to the access levels... can I add more access levels?

#68 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Again? :checks: How did I get un-subscribed from this thread? Fixed. No wonder, last time I thought I just didn't notice the notification...

hego, not at present... there's only 6 possible sides to program, 5 if you assume you won't wire the front, so I don't see much point in increasing the range of access levels, since that is the primary purpose of the levels, is to allow different programs to achieve different things on different sides.

#69 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

ahem. Still not had time to update this, and don't seem likely to in the near future.

[REDACTED]

Started porting this today, gonna need to restructure my image files and tweak the redstone bits based on changes to 1.5. While I'm at it, I'm going to add analog output levels for redstone activation, so you can, for example, make it output 15 on one side for a level 5 scan and level 10 on the same side for a level 3 scan. Also going to be adding a new peripheral block at the same time, just a simple little thing I've found myself wanting (though in typical form I may go overboard and give it additional features beyond the basics)

In the future I have other peripheral blocks I plan to add to the mod as well, mostly along the common theme of programmible security devices. Also, at some point, I'm going to look into the possibility of adding support for MFR's bundled cables at some point as well - no promises, but if it seems practical, I'll add it.

At the same time, I've decided I'm going to discontinue my policy of continuing to support all old versions; the new fixes and features will be for minecraft 1.5.2 only, and unless a particular version winds up in some major mod pack, I will discontinue support for older versions as soon as I port to a newer version of Minecraft.

#70 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

bump for long-overdue 1.5.2 update!

Another update will follow in a few days, with new features, but I decided to go ahead and release a 1.5.2 version asap.

:edit: Another update followed already! No new features yet, just some changes that, I hope, will ensure thread safety. Also fixed an unrelated bug that was discovered in the process, so I hope nobody's gone and pushed v1.0.9b already in the few hours since I released it, as you'll definitely want v1.1 now!

Next - probably not until tomorrow - I'll be adding a method to set a label on the scanners, so that they will appear in the inventory with that label instead of just their numeric id, like you can with computers. I'm also gonna be properly implementing blanking of scanners; currently even if they are not programmed at all, they drop uniquely-id'd objects when broken. Gonna make them only drop if they have some learned prints or stored programs, and otherwise revert to un-numbered, and stackable, items. And after that, finally, a new peripheral. The new peripheral is pretty simple, so with luck I'll finish all of this by the end of the weekend!

#71 jesusthekiller

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWrocław, Poland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Gopher, nice update! :D

#72 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

1.1.1 released to fix a rather major bug in 1.1, introduced by the thread safety changes. Kindof major, rather embarassed I didn't catch it, but was testing in mcp mostly, where player names are random, so...yeah. That's my excuse. Fixed now!

#73 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

*bump* for v2.0!

Major new feature. PRBs (Programmable Redstone Blocks).

These are some seriously versatile little babies! At the most basic, you can connect them to a computer, either directly or via wired modems over a LAN, and give that computer the ability to monitor and control redstone on 5 sides (minus the one that has the modem attached), just like you would the sides of the computer itself. But that's just the start! They can also be programmed to do logical operations on their inputs to generate outputs, including all the standard boolean comparisons (and, or, nor, xor, nand, nxor), analog comparisons (>, <, >=, <=, ==, and !=), as well as a few extras (max, min, if, unless). These operations can take constants or sides as their inputs.

See the original post for the detailed usage instructions. In the mean time, as a little bonus, I give you a program that can configure a PRB to act like an s/r latch!

prb=peripheral.wrap("bottom") --// assumes computer is sitting on top of the prb
prb.setOutput("back","left","nand","front")
prb.setOutput("front","right","nand","back")
And that's that. As long as there is something in front of and behind the PRB which will "reflect" redstone outputs back - redstone dust, or most basic solid, non-transparent blocks - then signals on the left and right will set and reset the latch. When set, a redstone signal will be output on the front, and the back will be off; when reset, the back will output while the front is off.

This is just scratching the surface of this incredibly versatile little logic block - which will become even more versatile in future updates, with the addition features like internal values that can be programmed and used in output programs, as well as clock and timing functions.

As always, report bugs here, and also post screenshots/videos of anything you create with these, the best will get added to the original post!

#74 Mikeemoo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

nice!

#75 jesusthekiller

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWrocław, Poland

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Uuu, sexy :D

#76 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

this biolock is pretty cool, i would suggest adding a paper like thing where you right click other players to get their fistprint and then you canm right click with that thing in your hand on a biolock and it would give the fistprint on the paper to the lock instead of yours. that special paper would maybe be crafted with a paper and a slimeball? or make it so the player itself has to right click with it to save the fistprint of him. hope you take this in considderation

#77 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm considering a way to subvert the locks and fake prints for a future version, but it's a ways off, and it'll be a more expensive than just a paper and a slimeball and a bit trickier to use than just clicking whoever you want to steal the prints of with it! If it was that easy, they'd be quite useless as locks.

Glad you like the mod, though!

#78 NOTUSEDPLEASEDELETE

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

Don't want to be annoying but I can't see a download link!

#79 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Open the "Common Methods" spoiler in the first post.

#80 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I...:facepalm: fixed, it shouldn't have been inside that spoiler, sorry :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users