[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2.pr1 - Biolock, Keypad, & Redstone Peripherals

peripheral media computer

194 replies to this topic

#1 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Prerelease of 2.2 for CC 1.73/MC 1.7.10!
Lyqyd and I have been busy the last week, and there's a prerelease of v2.2 for mc 1.7.10 finally ready. All known bugs have been fixed, but there may be more lurking around yet to be uncovered; if anyone tests it and finds any issues, please report them here, either in the thread or on the github repo

download link: BioLock v2.2.pr1 for Minecraft 1.7.10
I've only tested it with cc 1.73, if there have been api changes lately, it may not work with older, but if yer not using 1.73, you should be, all earlier 1.7.10-compatible versions have crucial issues.

unofficial 1.6.4 port
Thanks to gamax for updating it to 1.6.4 while I was ... on sabatical, lets call it.
I plan to update it again as soon as the next version of CC is out of beta and released properly.

View Postgamax92, on 20 December 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

I would like to note that I have not gotten Gopher's permission to fix and port his peripherals but I hope that by doing this, it helps keep this mod alive and well.

Changes:
Typo in the crafting recipes fixed, PRB's are craftable.
Removed usage of RecipeResetProgrammable, Everything no longer crafts into a PRB.

Downloads:
MC 1.5.2
MC 1.6.2
MC 1.6.4 (Also works on 1.6.2)

**New video** courtesy of Aucarndia, who use the new keypad blocks plus immibis' mods to make a very snazzy elevator!

I'm not able to record/upload videos right now; if anyone makes a video demonstrating the new PRBs and/or Keypad Locks, I'll embed it in the posts here and on minecraftforum.net!

Major new addition: Keypad Locks!

Peripheral Blocks
Biometric scanner
Place one by a computer, and you start getting "biolock" events containing a unique identifier for the player who scanned them. By itself, that's a pretty handy way to make secure door locks, but now there's more!
You can also teach it to associate names and access levels for up to 16 of these bio prints, and then you can program them to output redstone signals on any of it's 6 sides according to simple logic based on those stored access levels.

Keypad Block
These 12-key keypads are rendered with physical buttons; every button press sends an event to any attached computers, but you can also program them similarly to biolocks, add codes with access levels and program sides to output custom signals that respond to those codes. And, like biolocks, if programmed, they no longer need the computer connection, they will happily output redstone in response to stored codes without any computer involvement!

Programmable Redstone Blocks (PRBs)
Programmed via connected computer or turtle like the BioLock peripheral, these blocks can act as extenders for redstone control, giving per-side, analog redstone input and output just like a computer's, allowing one computer control redstone devices over a wide area from a single program. Like biolocks, once programmed, they can also be detached from the computer, broken, and placed elsewhere, and they will continue to carry out programmed logical operations, acting like any common logic gate, doing comparisons on analog inputs, and more.

Video Demo
This video is from aucarndia, apparently aka gamspony, who made this elevator using the new keypad blocks, as well as immibis' microblocks, with some help from immibis' adventure peripheral

The new old video, explaining and demoing the then new 1.0 features!

(original demo of v0.9a)

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

BioLocks
Spoiler

Keypad Locks
Spoiler

PRBs
Spoiler

Common Methods
Spoiler

Download
v2.1.3!
for mc 1.5.2/ComputerCraft 1.53
for mc 1.6.2/ComputerCraft 1.55/1.56

Old Versions
Spoiler

Version History
Spoiler

Got more features planned for this down the road, as well as other, more interesting and useful ideas for peripherals, which will be coming soon.

Any errors, bugs, block ID conflicts, etc, please report them here.

License
You're free to include this mod in any modpacks, public or private; I only ask you not modify the modinfo file and, if linking to a download that includes this mod on a forum, include a link to this thread as well. People will need the documentation to use more than the most basic features, anyway! I'd also ask that you let me know, in the thread or via PM. No need to wait for permission or anything, it's just nice to know when people are using my mod. Helps with the motivation to keep it maintained and such.

Enjoy!

Edited by GopherAtl, 11 April 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#2 Forecaster

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

That is pretty awesome! Never seen a fistprint reader before! : P

#3 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

lol. Well, mc people don't have fingers, or palms, so fistprints it is. As to how it extracts 192 unique bits of information from the 8x8 pixels on an mc character's fist, I have no explaination.

#4 KillaVanilla

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

This is brilliant and really, really, cool.

Nice work. You've earned my download, and a dedicated project.

Also, out of curiosity, is the string the same across servers?
If it is, then we could create a database of known griefers and general bad characters across servers.

*cough* minecraft FBI *cough*

#5 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostKillaVanilla, on 02 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

If it is, then we could create a database of known griefers and general bad characters across servers.

From what I've seen looking through the code, it generates a random user string every single time you create a new world. This probably wouldn't be that hard to change though.

Great job on the mod though man, it looks great :)

#6 KillaVanilla

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostBubba, on 02 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostKillaVanilla, on 02 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

From what I've seen looking through the code, it generates a random user string every single time you create a new world. This probably wouldn't be that hard to change though.

Great job on the mod though man, it looks great :)

Aww, so no minecraft FBI for us then. :(
Oh well. It's still great.

#7 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the praise!

re: the idea of consistent prints across servers, I considered using a hash function, so it never had to save any data and a given username would be the same value on any server, but decided on this route intstead because this way it is absolutely guaranteed there will be no hash collisions - every fingerprint is ensured to be unique.

If I can find a good, non-trivially-reversable hash function that is sufficiently unlikely to have collisions on basic strings within the length range of minecraft usernames, I might implement it as a config option in a future version.

#8 Orwell

Self-Destructive

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 02 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

lol. Well, mc people don't have fingers, or palms, so fistprints it is. As to how it extracts 192 unique bits of information from the 8x8 pixels on an mc character's fist, I have no explaination.
Maybe 8x8x256 colors? :P

#9 kaj

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Liking this very much gopher.
Really simple to use, works fine.

Two (maybe three) requests, if you're doing requests-
-Can you possibly make the pullEvent (optionally) return the side of the computer the peripheral is attached to as a string - (for use as a large controller, this also seems to work well with cccables)
- Please make the block itself a bit harder to break, (maybe even have it trigger a different event on damage) - at the moment a player could 1-hit the block barehanded and access the computer.

Nice one either way - shall be using this.

#10 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

thanks! Re: requests..

1 - side parameter, good thought, so one comp can handle scanners on both sides of the door. Will add that in next version.
2 - oooops. It's still asploding on slightest contact, isn't it? I meant to fix the hardness but completely forgot, mostly been testing in creative so didn't notice. Will also do in the next version.

I also realised I forgot to move it off the "blocks" tab in creative mode, should be under redstone or, if possible, the computercraft tab. Or heck, I may go ahead and make my own tab, only the one block for now but I plan more.

I said this in the first post, but to reiterate, if anyone experienced with modding 1.2.5 is interested in porting this to that, contact me. I'd like to have a version that works with the last bukkit-compatible version of computercraft, but I don't feel like learning to mod 1.2.5 at this point if I don't have to.

#11 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

now supports every version from 1.3.2 on. The 1.3.2 and 1.4.2 versions are using the last version of minecraftforge for that version, with jenkins locked now I've got no way of knowing which were the last recommended versions but if anyone runs into an issue and needs one for an earlier forge version, let me know.

Just put up version 0.91a, which resolved a few minor bugs and added a couple of minor features (see first post for full details).

#12 kaj

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 02 December 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

-fistprint event has 2nd parameter, the side of the computer the peripheral is on.

woot!
nice one.

a crash with the new version:
happens server side, on running server, is fine in SP:
(with both forge ver .425 and .407)
http://pastebin.com/SQxCtZWh

enjoying it otherwise.

#13 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ack. I already ran into and fixed that a couple of days ago, but I forgot that the change that caused it was already in v.91, or I would've released a fix before now! Sorry about that, rather embarassing...

I just finished the bulk of the java code for the major v1.0b update, should have the new version posted later tonight, with that fix and several new features.

#14 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Bump for major v1.0.6b update. They're now programmable, and once programmed can continue to function without the computer attached.

#15 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Sweet update man. I really like the programming feature. I can see this whole thing being really useful on servers.

Oh and the block animation is pretty sweet too :)

+1

#16 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

trivial update, v1.0.7b is exactly like v1.0.6b, except with 99% less server log spamming. Sorry about that.

#17 ETHANATOR360

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Locationyour hardrive

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

this looks pretty cool

#18 mrgreaper

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

awsome addon, been using it a lot but its not working with computercraft 1.48
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1458624/

#19 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 23 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

awsome addon, been using it a lot but its not working with computercraft 1.48
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1458624/
Do you have the Minecraft 1.4.6 version of this?

#20 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Been out of town and rather busy, sorry, didn't even know a new version had been released. Will do some testing and try to get an updated version if necessary asap.

[edit] had some issues this morning, mcp not cooperating, but found a bit more time and got it updated to 1.4.6/1.48.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users