Wiki Translation

17 replies to this topic

#1 kotlerman

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

There are many players from Russia and Ukraine that badly understand English. My suggestion is to translate ComputerCraft Wiki and ComputerCraft Mod to Russian. If there aren't people that can do it, then I can do it (but not very fast). I think it will attract many new players.

P.S: Sorry for mistakes (if there are mistakes). My native language is Russian. I study English at school.

#2 basdxz

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

If there is a way to do it I would like to help! My native language is Russian too so I wouldn't have problems translating CC and the CC wiki :D.

-Веня.K

#3 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I am 100% American, with nearly no knowledge of any other languages. I support this idea, because I have friends from other countries. I beleive that other languages, not just Russian would be nice for this mod. I would love to see the same amount of languages supported as Vanilla Minecraft(even pirate speak)!

#4 Cloudy

Ex-Developer

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

You're free to start a translation project yourself; the wiki is open to user contributions.

#5 Jasonfran

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Google chrome, right click and translate. Even works in IE. No real need for a full rewrite in other languages

#6 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Google translation make more laugh than knowledge. Try to translate Chinese with it.

#7 christophedlr

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

If the administrators of computercraft wiki is OK, I okay for translated official wiki in French language.

Cloudy, this translation can be directly placed on the official wiki? You're Okay for action?

#8 FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)

• Banned
  • 435 posts
  • LocationThe left part of this post

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I can tranlaste it to spanish

EDIT: im native spanish talker and i will have a certificate-test at the end of the year

#9 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

We can actually set this up as an official part of the CC Wiki. To do this however, I'm going to need to speak to The Dan and get database access, as it requires altering of the core MediaWiki backend - which I don't have access to at this immediate moment.

If this happens, I'm also considering a translation team system - eg, two or more people working on each language in order to ensure the wiki remains within the quality and technical specifications we've kind of implied and enforced. We definitely don't want language translated pages to read like dribble or make no sense at all.

Sorry if I sound incoherent, I's pretty sick.

#10 christophedlr

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm sorry, I don't see why change the Mediawiki source code for integration of other languages. It is necessary only create other wiki pages for other languages no?

On other wiki (provided by Mediawiki), it is necessary only create other pages for integration of translations (example the wiki of OpenTTD : http://wiki.openttd.org).

Please excuse me for my very bad english (I french user ;) ).

#11 TheVarmari

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

I can contribute to Finnish translation

#12 diegodan1893

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L), on 05 May 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I can tranlaste it to spanish

EDIT: im native spanish talker and i will have a certificate-test at the end of the year

I can help you with spanish translation

#13 PinYin

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Даешь русскую вики!!

#14 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

PinYin, on 26 July 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Даешь русскую вики!!
Listen, demanding anything in Russian isn't going to make things happen any faster.

#15 Thib0704

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationgetServer().getPlayer("Thib0704").getLocation();

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I could make/help With the French translation.
And When do you think we could start translating ? and How ?

#16 MagicLegend

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUden, Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Second Milky way to the right, 4th Dimension

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I could help with the dutch translation, althrough some examples on the wiki dont work! (the table code doesnt for example)

#17 jesusthekiller

• Banned
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWrocław, Poland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

I can do Polish translation

#18 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm closing this to prevent further replies here. Please use this translation thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users