MLG Mining: Circular Branch Mining

358 replies to this topic

#61 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSciFiJunkie, on 21 December 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Just tried the digOres program with torches. But it when to the first shaft and then dug up about 60 blocks then over 1 block and then back down to bedrock.
Did you remember to put stone in one of the 'ignore' slots?
Can you give the error message?

View PostAzeryuu, on 21 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

About the new program, what options will it have and what options will you add? Can you have an option to place chests/pipes?

At the moment you can specify:
  • How many levels does it need to dig
  • The radius of the center rooms
  • Does it need to place torches aswell?
  • Does it need to place chests aswell?
  • Height per level
  • which direction is the next level (up/down)
  • offset before the first level
I plan to have a program that can create my standard setup: chests, pipes, engines, place fuel in the chests, ...

Suggestions are still welcome ofc

#62 Azeryuu

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostUlthean, on 21 December 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

• Height per level
I plan to have a program that can create my standard setup: chests, pipes, engines, place fuel in the chests, ...

Awesome, just what I need

#63 SciFiJunkie

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostUlthean, on 21 December 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostSciFiJunkie, on 21 December 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Just tried the digOres program with torches. But it when to the first shaft and then dug up about 60 blocks then over 1 block and then back down to bedrock.
Did you remember to put stone in one of the 'ignore' slots?
Can you give the error message?

View PostAzeryuu, on 21 December 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

About the new program, what options will it have and what options will you add? Can you have an option to place chests/pipes?

• Height per level

I had stone, gravel, dirt, and a couple of pipes as I have them running down one tunnel, but that tunnel is #3 from the start point.

At that point I tried it a few more times with similar results and didn't let it get to the point of error before I went to bed. I will let it run through tonight and see what happens. What 6 items are you putting in it. I will duplicate that and see if I get the same results.

Also I am interested in the new changes as well. One question. With multiple layers will you need chests at each level?

Thanks, SciFiJunkie

#64 SciFiJunkie

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Ok so I let it run through and got the following error. See link for screen shot.

http://imageshack.us...1221215204.png/

Thanks,
SciFiJunkie

#65 markusla

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Would it be possible to get a switch (-NoFuel) to ignore the fuel-code?
My Turtles does not need any fuel with Tekkit and it looks like your programs don't work well then. :(

#66 moverperfect

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

• You cant have stackable tunnels with digsides true and torches, maybe be try put torches on wall instead
  • Also some of the turtles stop working with error "bios:133: Too long without yielding" or "turtle:18: Too long without yielding", anyway to fix this?
Apart from that, i love this script, anyway to add a script that prepares the 5x5 for us from bedrock up to ground level?

#67 moverperfect

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I found a way to fix the second error, have a look at http://www.computerc...thout-yielding/

#68 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

View Postmoverperfect, on 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

• You cant have stackable tunnels with digsides true and torches, maybe be try put torches on wall instead
  • Also some of the turtles stop working with error "bios:133: Too long without yielding" or "turtle:18: Too long without yielding", anyway to fix this?
Apart from that, i love this script, anyway to add a script that prepares the 5x5 for us from bedrock up to ground level?
  • I am aware of the first point you make, the torch placement in the shafts should remedy this though.
    (I will look into alternative methods of placing torches)
  • Could you tell me where the turtles stopped working and during which program?
  • The script you talk about is being made.

#69 moverperfect

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

View PostUlthean, on 24 December 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

• Could you tell me where the turtles stopped working and during which program?

So far it has only happened on digTunnels and digOres, and it has happened abut 3 1/4's through the first tunnel and above, and i dont know on the digOres really.

#70 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I am working on the next update, I will try to put it out tonight, but since it is christmas this might be delayed until tomorrow.
  • Moverperfect: I will look into it
  • Markusla: This is implemented in the next version
  • SciFiJunkie: In the screenshot I see only cobblestone. Are you sure you placed smooth stone aswell? (which you can get by cooking cobblestone)

#71 markusla

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Thanks! :)

#72 nanakisan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Seems i've run into a interesting snag with the digOres program. Even though i have obsidian set as a ore to ignore. It still breaks obsidian it finds. However that wouldn't be a real issue. Its when it finds a massive wad of it ..under water. it proceeds to dig it all up. well and dandy. However it seems that eventually it will become so confused by the obsidian it either shuts down with a memory error. That or it will confuse it original path and start digging completely in the wrong tunnels...i once caught it after this and it tried to dump its inventory into lava...GAHHH.

this happened with cobble from lava to water....

Other then that i have no problems. One suggestion would be on the digores to have it pre-programmed for it to ignore all obsidian,cobble unless its in front of it when its moving. Also another suggestion. for the 1st 2 programs. You have the defaults set up for 16 tunnels. Maybe make the defaults for all people 6 tunnels then let people expand it with their own settings. I find that letting the turtle run with a default of 16 is extremely to long. Otherwise your programs code is excellent!!

OH another idea this is for the digOres program. When it finishes checking a tunnel. Maybe program it to place cobble the start of the tunnel. This way it ignores all tunnels like it does a check for cobble before excuting the tunnels length code. if its detected it moves to the next tunnel.

#73 SciFiJunkie

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostUlthean, on 25 December 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

I am working on the next update, I will try to put it out tonight, but since it is christmas this might be delayed until tomorrow.
  • Moverperfect: I will look into it
  • Markusla: This is implemented in the next version
  • SciFiJunkie: In the screenshot I see only cobblestone. Are you sure you placed smooth stone aswell? (which you can get by cooking cobblestone)

You know you would think that i would read. I was not putting any SMOOTH stone in it. was a major brain fart.
Thanks for pointing that out. I will correct and try again.

SciFiJunkie

#74 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

A quick status update:

I know it's been quite a while since the last update, because of the festivities my life has become pretty chaotic.
Because of this I can't give you an ETA on the next update (shouldn't be too long, most of the work is already done)

What I CAN tell you is that I am absolutely LOVING the changes I made. I thought the program was already pretty polished when
I originally posted it, but during the testing of this version I realize how far we've come. Thanks for all the suggestions and
bug reports, you guys are amazing.

I will keep you posted!

#75 nanakisan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is what matters most. You are listening to what we ask and relay to you. You take our suggestions without hesitation. You are doing a very good job. Its an honor to be using such a wonderful set of programs. Thank you.

#76 signorekai

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Just registered to say a big "Thank you" for this script, really love it. It's ridiculously useful.

You should probably point out on your original post that you should also include the redstone engine (if you're using it to power the wooden transport pipe) as well as a lever inside your turtle as things to ignore, if it's right next to the start of the 3 by 3 tunnels. There was an unfortunate series of events where there were redstone blocks right beside the redstone engine and the turtle, upon detecting redstone blocks, dug downwards and then proceeded on to dismantle my entire network of transport pipe as well as the chest I have in the middle to hold all the loot. Then, the server removed all dropped items.

I lost 4 diamonds and 10 uranium and countless other ores. It was both amusing and tragic.

Edit: I think a good parameter to add to digOres is how far it is allowed to wander off its search path. Sometimes when it finds a massive deposit of ores, it goes haywire and dig really really far away, then shutting down because it ran out of space in the array to store its path.

#77 xanderhunter

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

As someone new to Coputercraft I have a quick question, am I suppose to copy the whole pastebin file into a floppy, or am I suppose to only put parts of it in?

#78 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

View Postxanderhunter, on 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

As someone new to Coputercraft I have a quick question, am I suppose to copy the whole pastebin file into a floppy, or am I suppose to only put parts of it in?
I suggest waiting until tonight to try it out. A new version should be up by then. BTW, nice profile pic :)

View Postsignorekai, on 28 December 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Edit: I think a good parameter to add to digOres is how far it is allowed to wander off its search path. Sometimes when it finds a massive deposit of ores, it goes haywire and dig really really far away, then shutting down because it ran out of space in the array to store its path.

I am planning to remove the recursion in the excavation of ores, which should solve this problem.

UPDATE: This is implemented, the functionality remains the same, but without recursion, byebye stack overflows!

#79 signorekai

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostUlthean, on 29 December 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

I am planning to remove the recursion in the excavation of ores, which should solve this problem.

UPDATE: This is implemented, the functionality remains the same, but without recursion, byebye stack overflows!

Great! Is the pastebin updated? I'll go play around further and try to bug the miner even more. :P

#80 Ulthean

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

It will be in about an hour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users