NDF-OS || Terminated || NDF-UI Coming Soon

258 replies to this topic

#1 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Due to some low life people the decided to completely fuck up my profile because they found a security hole in a script that I removed a week or 2 ago I have stopped working on NDF-OS, I might decide to continue it one day but for now consider it terminated, as for cloud storage there wont be any Cloud storage.

I had AfterLifeLochie poke through the new script I was working on last night and point out some holes in it so I could close them and get it all back up in a secure way but now I dont see any point in continuing that or the rest of this project.

Just to be clear, AfterLifeLochie was NOT the person to dump the files but I do have a pretty good idea of who it was.

I am sorry for all of this

~NDFJay

NDF-OS is dead and is Opening the doors to NDF-UI

COMING SOON!

#2 AnthonyD98™

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hey I saw your video, and the os looks really good.
Nice job!

May I ask though, what program are you using to code this?

#3 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P Maybe I can help you a bit ?

#4 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

View Postbjornir90, on 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P Maybe I can help you a bit ?

Yeah sure man, I would appreciate the help ^_^

View PostAnthonyD98, on 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nice job!

Im using Notepad++ to write this code and CC-EMU 1.45 to test it

#5 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostNDFJay, on 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

View Postbjornir90, on 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P/> Maybe I can help you a bit ?

Yeah sure man, I would appreciate the help ^_^/>

View PostAnthonyD98, on 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nice job!

Im using Notepad++ to write this code and CC-EMU 1.45 to test it
What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P

#6 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

View Postbjornir90, on 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P

at the moment I'm writing a few different programs and some standard os features, if you know anything about file assertion I would really appreciate some help building a sort of file manager program that will be edited to suit different tasks like a recycle bin, programs manager etc etc, you could help me with that if you like?

#7 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostNDFJay, on 14 December 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

View Postbjornir90, on 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P/>

at the moment I'm writing a few different programs and some standard os features, if you know anything about file assertion I would really appreciate some help building a sort of file manager program that will be edited to suit different tasks like a recycle bin, programs manager etc etc, you could help me with that if you like?
Oh yes ! Just, what the recycle bin do ? It is like the bin in windows ? The program manager will not be that easy to know if something is a program or just a file. Did you have make the main screen ? We could include CCbackup, I will improve it :) that's all ... for the moment :P

#8 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

View Postbjornir90, on 14 December 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Oh yes ! Just, what the recycle bin do ? It is like the bin in windows ? The program manager will not be that easy to know if something is a program or just a file. Did you have make the main screen ? We could include CCbackup, I will improve it :) that's all ... for the moment :P

The recycle bin will be just like a file manager, it just needs to list all the files within a specific directory ill be using context menus to manage the files and as for the program manager, it wont be that difficult, all the programs have a *.nse extension (NDF Solus Executable) so it just needs to scan for all files ending in .nse :)

as for the back up... that will be brilliant, I was going to impliment something like that that backs up all user data to a server so that will be a great help :)

#9 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hey, I am pretty good with Lua(About 6 months experience) and if you need ANY help just PM me on the forums.

But overall pretty good "OS". One of the best I have seen.

#10 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostHuman, on 14 December 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Hey, I am pretty good with Lua(About 6 months experience) and if you need ANY help just PM me on the forums.

Thanks man, means alot :) I've been following your posts for a while :) there is actually a few things I could use some help with later down the line if I cant figure them out so I'll PM you when I get to that stage :)

thanks again man :)

#11 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostNDFJay, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Thanks man, means alot :) I've been following your posts for a while :) there is actually a few things I could use some help with later down the line if I cant figure them out so I'll PM you when I get to that stage :)

4 smiley face emoticons :P Never seen that many.

#12 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostHuman, on 14 December 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostNDFJay, on 14 December 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

4 smiley face emoticons :P Never seen that many.

Kinda got carried away a bit lol, never had appreciation like this for anything I've created so all these nice comments just make me :) and :) and :) haha

#13 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Can you give me a link on the dev version for me to help you :) I can do the recycle bin if you want :) I'm not very good with files gestion but I learn very fast :P

#14 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

View Postbjornir90, on 15 December 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Can you give me a link on the dev version for me to help you :) I can do the recycle bin if you want :) I'm not very good with files gestion but I learn very fast :P

ill private message the current build to you now

#15 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Updated OS, added new features, fixed some bugs and added some programs

#16 Adjgamer

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

God, this is awesome!

#17 NDFJay

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationLeeds, England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostAdjgamer, on 16 December 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

God, this is awesome!

Thank you ^__^ if you have any suggestions of things to add, programs or features let me know and I'll do my best to add them in :)

#18 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Mk, stop suggesting 20 things and calling it "few".

#19 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Still the best looking ComputerCraft "OS". All we need is a window manager, themes, more programs and more awesome shit then this will be the best.

#20 FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)

• Banned
  • 435 posts
  • LocationThe left part of this post

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

I can help making a translation into spanish or an updater and i have a apt-get utility so i can make a program manager

PM me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users