Wiki Edit Privileges

37 replies to this topic

#21 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostRestioson, on 05 September 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Hey! I'm not sure if applications are still open, but I'd like to apply to edit. I want to document the speakers I added in pull 237. If it'd be preffered that I post the info relating to it in the forum itself, I can do this too. My username is Restioson.

That version of the mod hasn't been released yet. The wiki will not be updated with information until an official version containing those features is released.

#22 Restioson

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSecret meeting of the South African Internet Users club

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Cool, I understand :D. I thought we had a release though... a couple others as well have pointed out that that wasn't the case ^_^

#23 SuperDyl19

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

I'd like to help! Username: SuperDyl19

#24 CRUGG

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Locationpropably in front of his PC

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

I'd like to help too, but I can't register in the wiki...

#25 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

Same problem registering seems to be deactivated in the wiki.

#26 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

View PostCRUGG, on 31 March 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I'd like to help too, but I can't register in the wiki...

View PostLuca_S, on 06 April 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Same problem registering seems to be deactivated in the wiki.

Read the OP:

View PostCloudy, on 11 December 2012 - 03:27 AM, said:

Hello!

As you may (or may not) be aware, we have had a spam problem on the Wiki. Due to AfterLifeLochie's experience with the matter (he's a bit of an all round admin guru), he recommended having people request access, as nothing else seems to work to reduce spam - which I agreed with.

From now on (well, a few days ago actually!) if you want to edit the wiki, please post here with your username.

We are sorry that we have had to put into place this measure, but the spam problem was getting unmanageable!

Edit by BB: Privileges can not often be updated. If you have a small number of edits in mind, posting a thread with the details in this section may be a better option.

#27 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

So if you post here an account on the wiki will be created for you?
The OP kinda sounds like you have to register on the wiki and put your wiki username here to have editing enabled for it.

#28 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

To my memory, a wiki admin needs to create the accounts. Although, it's been so long since we've had one of those around that I really can't remember.

#29 Luca_S

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

In that case: Luca_S

#30 ZapComputer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

ZapComputer

#31 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:10 PM

Bomb Bloke and SquidDev have been adjusted to be admins on the wiki. If either of you feel like adding users as editors, use the Special pages to add the users and adjust them to Editor permissions as desired.

This may be too little, too late, but it's better than nothing at all.

#32 magiczocker

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:54 AM

I don't know if this is still possible, but can I please get an account on the wiki?

#33 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 25 July 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

-snip-
Only just seen this (not been paying as much attention to the forums, sorry!). Thank you!

View Postmagiczocker, on 30 July 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

I don't know if this is still possible, but can I please get an account on the wiki?
Done.

Edited by SquidDev, 31 July 2020 - 12:23 PM.

#34 magiczocker

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:14 PM

Thank you! As mentioned on discord some hours ago, I can't edit any article as I don't have the editor role. In addition, can an admin unprotect the templates, which are used in the articles as I want to improve them.

#35 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

View Postmagiczocker, on 31 July 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

Thank you! As mentioned on discord some hours ago, I can't edit any article as I don't have the editor role. In addition, can an admin unprotect the templates, which are used in the articles as I want to improve them.
Oh, that apparently requires the bureaucrat role. MediaWiki's permissions system is so terribly confusing. Lyqyd, would you be able to grant us that too?

#36 magiczocker

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:39 PM

If I get admin rights aswell, I can edit common.css, so I can move the styles for the templates to a central file.

#37 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:40 AM

View PostSquidDev, on 31 July 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

View Postmagiczocker, on 31 July 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

Oh, that apparently requires the bureaucrat role. MediaWiki's permissions system is so terribly confusing. Lyqyd, would you be able to grant us that too?

I've made this change for SquidDev and Bomb Bloke. I'd appreciate it if the templates can be protected again once magiczocker is done to prevent damage to them in the future.

View Postmagiczocker, on 31 July 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

If I get admin rights aswell, I can edit common.css, so I can move the styles for the templates to a central file.

Administrator rights will be kept to a small group, but if one of those administrators is interested in reviewing suggested edits to common.css and facilitating this change, that might be a possibility.

#38 magiczocker

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:12 AM

Since yesterday, when I got the editor rights, I made some changes to articles and created new templates. At this point, I can't modify existing templates as they are admin protected. The CSS in common.css was send to SquidDev on Discord, but additional changes that were requested yesterday aren't added yet. Can an admin please unprotect the templates, so I can modify them? Currently there is an issue with uploading images, which means I get an internal error when clicking save file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users