Jump to content




KreOS 3.01 Skylark - Old traditions newly defined

api utility computer

294 replies to this topic

#281 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

Its finally out. KreOS 3.0.

#282 CrazedProgrammer

  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationWageningen, The Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

Here is my review for the current version.
I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, but an OS, even in an alpha state, should have some functionality.

Pros:
- Good installer
- Good interface
- Cool file viewer concept (like Total Commander)
- No errors
- Options (but only change background color)

Cons:
- 1/5 of it is implemented, these things aren't implemented at all:
First icon on the desktop
First, third and fourth icon in the settings menu
Add application in the application settings menu (shows a non-functional interface)
Delete and list application in the application settings menu
All actions in the file viewer except exit
- No multitasking at all (even multishell would be better)
- No functionality at all
- Can't add applications
- Shell doesn't clear the screen
- Cursor keeps blinking after closing shell or file viewer
- Time doesn't update (add a timer?)
- File viewer doesn't show difference between files and folders
- Can't run scripts from the file viewer
- NDF-OS clone with multiple screens (I'm getting so tired of these NDF-OS clones)

Why did you choose to release this OS in such an unfinished state?
Anyways, I hope it gets better with updates.

#283 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 01 April 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Here is my review for the current version.
I'm sorry if I'm being harsh, but an OS, even in an alpha state, should have some functionality.

Pros:
- Good installer
- Good interface
- Cool file viewer concept (like Total Commander)
- No errors
- Options (but only change background color)

Cons:
- 1/5 of it is implemented, these things aren't implemented at all:
First icon on the desktop
First, third and fourth icon in the settings menu
1. Add application in the application settings menu (shows a non-functional interface)
2. Delete and list application in the application settings menu
3. All actions in the file viewer except exit
- 4. No multitasking at all (even multishell would be better)
- 5. No functionality at all
- 1. Can't add applications
- 6. Shell doesn't clear the screen
- 7. Cursor keeps blinking after closing shell or file viewer
- 8. Time doesn't update (add a timer?)
- 3. File viewer doesn't show difference between files and folders
- 3. Can't run scripts from the file viewer
- 9. NDF-OS clone with multiple screens (I'm getting so tired of these NDF-OS clones)

Why did you choose to release this OS in such an unfinished state?
Anyways, I hope it gets better with updates.

Thank you for your feedback. Let me answer to every contra point. I numbered your points for better overview.
  • Add application should normally work. Could you please explain what's not working? Notice that added applications will be shown after the next reboot.
  • Coming in today's update.
  • The file viewer is just temporary. It is my unfinished CCC. Later this week there will be an own file manager for the operating system.
  • Coming in a later update.
  • What would be functionality for you? The sense of a ComputerCraft OS is basically to launch applications and that's what KreOS 3.0 can do.
  • Fixed in today's update.
  • Fixed in today's update.
  • Fixed in today's update.
  • I actually don't think so because it is quite different.
Thank you again for your feedback. Today's update is coming at 6:00 PM CET (UTC+002).

#284 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

The update 3.01 is out. Install it via the Pastebin installer or reboot your computer with KreOS 3.0 to update.
A list with changes will follow.

Edited by kornichen, 02 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.


#285 Admiraltallcactus

  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

Pastebin download please

#286 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostAdmiraltallcactus, on 14 April 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

Pastebin download please
Pastebin is available. You can find this line on the first site.
pastebin run AEwwKKd1


#287 tommyroyall

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

May I ask what emulator you were running this in for the screenshots?

#288 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

View Posttommyroyall, on 20 April 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

May I ask what emulator you were running this in for the screenshots?

Sure, CCEmuRedux.

#289 ABLukas

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

i dont even know if this is possible but on a server a successfully retrieved the pastebin files i go to run it i get the K then this Download /startup (1/27) parallel :22: kreos:35: attempt to index ? (a nil value) please help me as i want to get this to work and am a complete noob to this

#290 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostABLukas, on 27 September 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

i dont even know if this is possible but on a server a successfully retrieved the pastebin files i go to run it i get the K then this Download /startup (1/27) parallel :22: kreos:35: attempt to index ? (a nil value) please help me as i want to get this to work and am a complete noob to this
Please check if http is enabled in the ComputerCraft config file on the server.

#291 Blue

  • Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationGlass/UX/main.lua

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

View Postkornichen, on 02 October 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

View PostABLukas, on 27 September 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

i dont even know if this is possible but on a server a successfully retrieved the pastebin files i go to run it i get the K then this Download /startup (1/27) parallel :22: kreos:35: attempt to index ? (a nil value) please help me as i want to get this to work and am a complete noob to this
Please check if http is enabled in the ComputerCraft config file on the server.
Make it check if http is working like this:
while loop==true do
http.request("http://example.com")
local event=os.pullEvent()
if event=="http_success" then
print("Successfully connected to the internet")
loop=false
elseif event=="http_failure" then
print("There was a problem connecting to the internet")
loop=false
end
end
Also,your OS has improved alot over the past 3 years,nice job ;) !

Edited by Glass Systems, 03 October 2015 - 03:52 PM.


#292 ABLukas

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

i know its working as i can download almost every other one i tried

#293 Jumpybug214

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:49 AM

I like This :)/>

can I edit this for my own os if I give you credit?

#294 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostJumpybug214, on 15 November 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

I like This :)/>

can I edit this for my own os if I give you credit?

You could but the source code is terrible and would it then really be your "own" OS?

#295 Jumpybug214

  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

View Postkornichen, on 18 November 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostJumpybug214, on 15 November 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

I like This :)/>

can I edit this for my own os if I give you credit?

You could but the source code is terrible and would it then really be your "own" OS?
ok and I have no Idea if it would





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users