Jump to content




KreOS 3.01 Skylark - Old traditions newly defined

api utility computer

294 replies to this topic

#41 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hello!

Thank you for your long reply. I am sorry if I forgot to answer to a bug you write but I will explain something shortly:

1. The bug with the context menus K PROGRAMS and GAMES I know and I am working on a fix but that will comes first maybe at the 10th.
2. The bug that everthing begins to blink after sometime ... I dont know how to fix it but I will do my very best and try to fix it. I someone have an idea how to fix it please say it to me.
3. That you cant delete icons is a problem I dont know yet but I will try to fix it very soon.

The other bugs or ideas will I fix or implementate in the next version but please look at the buglist on the first site of this thread.


Best regards!

#42 CastleMan2000

  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationThe trashcan where all Undertale trash is

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Shouldn't Terminal be a computer and Games a joystick? Just a suggestion.

#43 BustedEarLobes

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

 kornichen, on 01 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hello!

Thank you for your long reply. I am sorry if I forgot to answer to a bug you write but I will explain something shortly:

1. The bug with the context menus K PROGRAMS and GAMES I know and I am working on a fix but that will comes first maybe at the 10th.
2. The bug that everthing begins to blink after sometime ... I dont know how to fix it but I will do my very best and try to fix it. I someone have an idea how to fix it please say it to me.
3. That you cant delete icons is a problem I dont know yet but I will try to fix it very soon.

The other bugs or ideas will I fix or implementate in the next version but please look at the buglist on the first site of this thread.


Best regards!
Opps! I did not see that two bugs were already reported. Nevertheless, I'm glad you read my comment. As for the blinking problem, I have a couple of things you can try. Keep in mind that I'm typing this message on an iPad so I cannot see your code. The bug could be an overflow of data and the computer can't keep up with the constantly updating clock, so I recommend adding a sleep(0) to yield the os.pullEvent() so each event can catch up. If that doesn't work, make sure your all your functions have a return to avoid stack overflows which may or may not be causing it. Personally, I think it's a yield issue but I might look at the code tomorrow.

#44 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

 BustedEarLobes, on 02 January 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

 kornichen, on 01 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hello!

Thank you for your long reply. I am sorry if I forgot to answer to a bug you write but I will explain something shortly:

1. The bug with the context menus K PROGRAMS and GAMES I know and I am working on a fix but that will comes first maybe at the 10th.
2. The bug that everthing begins to blink after sometime ... I dont know how to fix it but I will do my very best and try to fix it. I someone have an idea how to fix it please say it to me.
3. That you cant delete icons is a problem I dont know yet but I will try to fix it very soon.

The other bugs or ideas will I fix or implementate in the next version but please look at the buglist on the first site of this thread.


Best regards!
Opps! I did not see that two bugs were already reported. Nevertheless, I'm glad you read my comment. As for the blinking problem, I have a couple of things you can try. Keep in mind that I'm typing this message on an iPad so I cannot see your code. The bug could be an overflow of data and the computer can't keep up with the constantly updating clock, so I recommend adding a sleep(0) to yield the os.pullEvent() so each event can catch up. If that doesn't work, make sure your all your functions have a return to avoid stack overflows which may or may not be causing it. Personally, I think it's a yield issue but I might look at the code tomorrow.

I fixed the blink problem. Just a sleep(0.01) in the main loop. The fix will be released in the next version in a few days.

 CastleMan2000, on 02 January 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Shouldn't Terminal be a computer and Games a joystick? Just a suggestion.

You can add your own icons :D ... but the next version will come with some icons ;)

#45 gngz

  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

You have another bug, after i installed your os, it says to update. When i update its says again...

Regards,

#46 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

 gngz, on 02 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

You have another bug, after i installed your os, it says to update. When i update its says again...

Regards,

The bug is already listed and fixed and the bugfix will be released in the next version.

#47 CastleMan2000

  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationThe trashcan where all Undertale trash is

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

This is glitchy. I got the installer and it froze at 28 files. Last time I tried it and it successfully installed, then said there was an update available. It had 'Update' and 'Later'. Neither option worked.

UPDATE: Ran install two more times, got all files, stuck at full KreOS logo.

UPDATE THE SECOND: It works now. IDK why it was so glitchy.

SUPER-ULTRA UPDATASAURUS 2000: TACO won't work when I click on it in the programs context menu.

#48 Keridos

  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Is there any program for this that could use monitors to show sensordata?

#49 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

 CastleMan2000, on 04 January 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

This is glitchy. I got the installer and it froze at 28 files. Last time I tried it and it successfully installed, then said there was an update available. It had 'Update' and 'Later'. Neither option worked.

UPDATE: Ran install two more times, got all files, stuck at full KreOS logo.

UPDATE THE SECOND: It works now. IDK why it was so glitchy.

SUPER-ULTRA UPDATASAURUS 2000: TACO won't work when I click on it in the programs context menu.

I am on holiday at the moment but I will do a little bit on KREOS but not too much. I will be at home again on the 5th of january. I am going to publish the KREOS Version 1.7 on 6th of january.
That TACO won't work is new for me but I will check it out and fix it if the problem is on my PC, too.

The updater does not work right is a bug that is already listed in the buglist.

 Keridos, on 04 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Is there any program for this that could use monitors to show sensordata?

No but thank you for the idea. I will write such a program but I have to now what sensordatas should shown on the desktop. The program won't be implementated in the next OS version but will be downloadable in the new Application Store (App Store) that is coming in the next version of the OS. The name is KAPPS - Yes, with K and double P and not like Caps.


Best regards,
kornichen

#50 Rwkeith

  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

People seem to not read your bug list =P I love what your doing here and it's actually the first 'OS' I've used for CC. I like the details as well. I'm interested in seeing more detail in the menu's too. I'm sure you've got plans for this already, but I will definitely continue using this.

#51 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

 Rwkeith, on 04 January 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

People seem to not read your bug list =P I love what your doing here and it's actually the first 'OS' I've used for CC. I like the details as well. I'm interested in seeing more detail in the menu's too. I'm sure you've got plans for this already, but I will definitely continue using this.

Thank you!

Yes, I have planned things for the menu: There won't be all the programs in the |Programs| list at but there will be categories and then you will see the programs in that categories and you will be able to add your own programs to the list automatically.
Besides new programs that will be implementated in the future won't be all in the programs list because they will be to big and not everybody needs all the programs. New programs will be added to the app store KAPPS mostly.

#52 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Version 1.7 is coming soon!



Graphical App Store called KAPPS

- Download Applications.

- Upload your own applications.


Copy & Paste in the whole system

- Copy text, pictures and more from one program into the other.

- Unfortunately only for programs that support KREOS Copy & Paste.


Changes on the gui

- The |Programs| menu will be divided into categories.

- The |Games| menu will be removed and added as a category of the |Programs| menu.


Bugfixes

- Please look at the bug list on the first site of this thread.



! ! ! Please send me your ideas and programs that I should add to the OS ! ! !



#53 nateracecar5

  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

 LWSrocks, on 21 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Hi, ComputerCraft noob here. How do I install the OS?

Type the pastebin code in the top into your computer. If you don't have http enabled, then you can't do this. To fix that (in windows) hold the windows key and press r. Then type in %appdata% and hit enter. Then double click .minecraft/config/computercraft and on the line that says enable_http=false change that to true. To do enable http on Mac, shift+apple+g and type ~/Library/Application Support/ and hit go. Then double click on the minecraft folder and in the config folder double click computercraft and change enable_http to true. If you have Ubuntu go to the home folder and hit CTRL+H then go to the .minecraft folder and do the exact same thing for windows from there. Hope this helped!

#54 CastleMan2000

  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationThe trashcan where all Undertale trash is

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Can you please fix the installer?! It keeps freezing at 28 files! I can't install it because it's so glitchy :/

Once again, it has taken me several tries to install. It works once it has, though. It keeps saying there is an update available, and asks me if I want to update. I say yes, reboots, asks again. WTF. It's 1.6, so I don't know why it keeps asking.

#55 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Please look at the buglist first!!! The bugs will all be fixed in the next version as you can see in the buglist :D

#56 BustedEarLobes

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

 kornichen, on 08 January 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Please look at the buglist first!!! The bugs will all be fixed in the next version as you can see in the buglist :D

I know you want to wait until you finish the other features, but at this point, you REALLY need to release a minor version of the OS as it's too bugged to wait. It's like Window's Vista allover again...

Like I said earlier though, I really do like it (When it works...)

#57 RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely

  • Signature Abuser
  • 249 posts
  • Location/dev/earth1aus5

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Looks really nice... Found a couple bugs already:
The installer sort-of glitched out at #8 (started a new line) and around #20 (numbers got kinda screwey).
Trying to create an "empty" shortcut errored (paintutils:16 attempt to index ?)
After creating an "empty" shortcut, the OS will refuse to start (will error once reached desktop)

Off topic: You should name the app store KRAPP store (KREOS Application store). lol

#58 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

 BustedEarLobes, on 08 January 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

 kornichen, on 08 January 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Please look at the buglist first!!! The bugs will all be fixed in the next version as you can see in the buglist :D

I know you want to wait until you finish the other features, but at this point, you REALLY need to release a minor version of the OS as it's too bugged to wait. It's like Window's Vista allover again...

Like I said earlier though, I really do like it (When it works...)

Will be released today :D

#59 Skullblade

  • Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

ONE:cool looking
TWO:complete copy of NDFOS's GUI/setup (I guess it's ok since Ndf stopped)
THREE:Slow down and bug test your work! You need to stop just racing to get more features and iron out the bugs. If you make one mistake with the OS it will be broken, forever!(name a non existing icon, perm crash)
Not mean just realistic

#60 kornichen

  • Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hello!

Version 1.7 is out with bugfixes and a new programs menu but the app store is comming with multitasking in 2.0!!!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users