294 replies to this topic

#261 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

View Postkornichen, on 21 October 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Sure, when I am finished with KreOS 3.0 I will give you the transscript files.
Just incase you're not doing this, a better solution would be to write a Locale API to get strings from a file for a particular language, then all you need to do is have people write you a new language file instead of going through the OS and changing strings. Then have a setting that people can change and have your program use this string to query the Locale API for the specific language. Hope what I just said makes sense.

#262 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 21 October 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

View Postkornichen, on 21 October 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Sure, when I am finished with KreOS 3.0 I will give you the transscript files.
Just incase you're not doing this, a better solution would be to write a Locale API to get strings from a file for a particular language, then all you need to do is have people write you a new language file instead of going through the OS and changing strings. Then have a setting that people can change and have your program use this string to query the Locale API for the specific language. Hope what I just said makes sense.

Jep, thats the thing I ment. Sorry for speaking in riddles but my brain often just works german ;)

#263 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

You have some typos...

#264 Crazyeyeschase

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

I know a pastebin is coming any ETA?

#265 Conan1981m

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hmm i had it before ... can i have an older version while i wait for the new one ?

#266 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hi,just download it from my Github page: github.com/kornichen/KREOS. By the way I am working on KreOS 3 again and I think I can release it early next year.

#267 Conan1981m

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

well this Github version is useless, only test buttons that say "hi" ...

#268 Kacy

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Do you have need help ? for one programs ...

#269 ac130airblood01

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

where is the download?

#270 Commador

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I don't see any download link. Is there no pastebin or anything?

#271 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

View Postkornichen, on 29 December 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Hi,just download it from my Github page: github.com/kornichen/KREOS. By the way I am working on KreOS 3 again and I think I can release it early next year.

#272 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hello to everybody!

Here are some informations and news. First thing is that you can download the latest version of KreOS 2.0 (with bugs!) from https://github.com/k...REOS/tree/Beta. It won't start automatically and cancel the bootup process at startup. For using it go to /KREOS/ and start sys. Please do not report bugs of this version because I know that it is full of those but I am no longer on KREOS 2.0 or 2.1 Beta because I am working on KreOS 3.0 now. It will have the following features (not the complete list):
  • Hybrid Mode (Boot with tile layout like in KREOS 2.X or with desktop mode like in KREOS 1.X)
  • An own scripting language (FlowScript; Documentation available soon)
  • Some kind of App Store (FlowMarket)
  • Advanced terminal (FlowTerminal)
And more. Will be released next month.

#273 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Here is the first trailer (really bad video quality, sorry):

https://vimeo.com/87016912

#274 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

KreOS 3.0 Flow release date and features

Finally the development of KreOS 3.0 is nearly finished. Here the estimated release date and the features.

Features

• Switch between tile and desktop environment
  • Switch between your opened apps with FlowSwap
  • Download apps from an app store (ccappstore*)
  • In connection to point two multitasking
  • You can save your settings in a password-less** cloud
  • Having this applications built in:
    - FlowOffice including Write, Table, Show, Note

- FlowCommander
  • FlowRush (Ability to control KreOS solely with keyboard commands)
  • Every other feature from KreOS 1.X and 2.X
  • And more!

Release

* I thought that nobody needs another app store so I asked oeed for permission to bundle his app store with KreOS and he granted permissions via PM on 18 Aug 2013.

** Because of mistrust of community members in giving their passwords away because of past incidents I decided to give a randomly generated code to the users. No need to enter a password or email adress. Just username and this code. Disadvantage: Loosing the code, loosing your dates.

#275 trajing

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Exactly where is the download?

#276 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

No code to show; locked. Feel free to report the topic when you have code to post.

You should know how this works by now, kornichen! :P

#277 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hello,

first I have to apologize very much because of KreOS 3.0 Flow never being released as of this writing. I had a lot to do and were busy with school etc.
Since I published the latest release date of KreOS 3.0, which was in April, I rewrote KreOS about 2 times. Before that date, I rewrote it 3 times, at least that's the amount of unfinished versions of KreOS 3.0 I have on my hard drive.
Some weeks ago, I started to rewrite KreOS 3.0 again. Every single line until it is absolutely perfect. After quite a bit of time, I am at the point now, where I have a very basic system running. I also have a very basic GUI library done now. All of them are far away from being perfect.
Today, I want to show you some concept pictures of KreOS 3.0 Skylark, as I call the fifth try to make a perfect ComputerCraft OS. Please keep in mind that these are concept pictures. That means that they are not generated by code but with a brush under the mouse cursor.
You may now ask: Why are you doing this? The answer is simple. I think a perfect product can only be generated if you listen to the users. I beg you to give feedback about this pictures. Tell me what you like, what you don't like and what you want to see.
But let's get to the pictures:

Spoiler

I hope you like what you see. I will add more pictures over the time.

Till then,
kornichen

Edited by kornichen, 06 December 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#278 Exerro

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:02 PM

Looks great!

There are a couple of things that could do with improving in my opinion though. Firstly, it's quite hard to tell what the icons on the home screen actually do. Having some form of label could help. Also, a cut off length of 10 characters for the files app is a bit short don't you think? Personally, I don't like the scrollbar in the files app too. If you take a look at Nova, you'll see I left some gaps at the top, bottom, and sides of any scrollbar, which I personally think looks best. In fact, the whole sidebar thing should be a bit bigger I think, maybe 3 more pixels to make it 15 wide?

On a side note, I can't tell if this supports running CraftOS programs, or if you've even got to that point of thinking yet. If an OS doesn't support running CraftOS programs, it will be very limited, so make sure to allow it! Also, if you do add support, I'd make the bar on the top shrink to 1 pixel, or no pixels at all if the app/program requests it. BBTetris won't run on a screen less than 50x19, so you'll need support for going fullscreen if you want that to run.

I know there's a lot there, I'm just trying to be picky, it's not because I think it's bad or anything. In fact, it looks really sleek. I can see this being competition soon.

#279 wieselkatze

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Side Note: This was intended to be posted before the forums went down...

Hey kornichen,

I quite like the design - 3 icons on one page seems fine. For me a desktop in ComputerCraft with many icons doesn't really make sense because of the low resolution. This would be a nice compromise between having a graphical way to display all the programs and still having them distinctable.

The thing I would definitely implement then is a search function - else you would have to click too many times to find the program you want.

As the ComputerCraft screen is only 19 pixels high I would make the upper bar ( the thing with the clock, program name etc. ) a bit narrower - that is 2 pixels or only 1 pixel high.
Imagine starting normal programs with their own tool bar at the top, that don't use your GUI framework or whatever; just normal shell programs.
That would be 4 pixels blocked - that would look a bit ugly and also there is much unused screen space. An editor for programs displaying only 15 lines each is a bit hard to use.

A text editor and other stuff that goes with the rest of the design of the OS would be very nice to have.
Also I would encourage you to make some programs that are actually useful ingame - an app for a clock for example would not be.
One program I thought about is an app for managing redstone stuff. That would be like the programmable rednet controller from MinefactoryReloaded - having possibilities to control various redstone outputs based on conditions ( XOR Gates, AND Gates, OR Gates etc.) or having them run on timers.
The best way, I think, would be to realize that with coroutines - each having a condition and a redstone output. A nice thing for that would also be an inter-connection between those coroutines, so that one part of a condition would be that another one is fulfilled.

I'm curious about what you'll come up with ;)

~wieselkatze

Edited by wieselkatze, 08 December 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#280 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Threads merged.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users