[CC 1.5] [MC 1.4.6/1.4.7] [SMP] Xfel's peripherals - New cable appearance!

peripheral api

524 replies to this topic

#21 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

I need to learn how to act properly on community forums.

#22 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

@Buttmuncher:
Sorry, but I don't think I have the duty to answer all posts directly. You know, I have other occupations. I'm doing this in my free time. OK?

When I saw your last post, I thought about delaying the user guide for another month or so, simply because I don't like like people who are always shouting. You should try to be a bit more polite.

@6677:
You're right, the help files aren't that useful, but the help files for the default apis anren't that detailed either. But as i don't plan to change anything in that part of the api, I took the time to rewrite the help files and updated the download.

#23 6677

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostButtmuncher, on 21 March 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

I TYPED HELP DB AND HELP INVENTORY AND THEY BOTH SAID NO HELP AVAILABLE! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? THE GUY ABOVE ME EVEN SAID IMPROVE IT!
You have to place the new blocks by the computer and then reboot the computer for the api's to load. Only then can the help files be read.

As for updated help files. Thankyou. Much appreciated.

#24 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

well i rebooted the computer and they STILL arent there. And x, you are the mean one. I get mad for no user guide, then you think of delaying it?!?! DICK. please dont report me. I am just EXTREMELY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

well if you delay the user giude foir a FING MONTH then people will stop downloading it simply because they cant use it DUMBASS

#26 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

sorry, but when i place the items near the computer, it breaks it and i cant reboot or use anything or type anything or use any of the ctrl functions! please fix it.

#27 Liraal

• New Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

well, if I got a post like this, I would delay the next RELEASE and not just guide. Seriously, if you can't find your way around these, just don't use them, not bug the creator...

#28 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

well if you delayed the release and the guide, nobody would be able to use it which equals NO PROFIT.

#29 Liraal

• New Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

how exactly does Xfel profit from this, because i don't quite understand..

#30 bobster71

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hi,
Great idea, can't wait to play around with it. But i"m having trouble too. The api isn't loading properly, and I can't reboot the computer.
I have ccSensors working fine, but when I try AIP I can't find the api or the help files.
I've installed it ok, as far as I can tell anyway.
Can you look into it?
thanks
Bobster

#31 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Well, all I know yet is that it doesn't work. I need more detailed information to help you. Did you place the folder in the zip download in your mods directory? Many archive extraction programs create another folder for the arcive itselv. please check that.

#32 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostXfel, on 20 March 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

RP tubes are more convenient in use, and it contains mechanics which would fit my purposes better.
Unfortunately, RedPower lacks a public API or mod developement instructions.To use it, I would have to decompile and deobfuscate it manually.
Please ask Eloraam gently.

Buildcraft, on the other hand, has a bunch of classes modders are allowed to redistribute. Additionally, it is open source, so I can get all code in deobfuscated state. Using the buildcraft API, the mod will still work without bc, but if it is installed, the features are used.
How would it work without BC if you want it powered?

the Inventory Reader is now limited to one reading side (shown by the dot). It is only able to access the inventory on the marked side.
so no item transfer between inventories? Would you kindly add it?

#33 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

The inventory reader, as it's name says, reads inventories. It doesn't manipulate them. For item transfer, there will be other blocks. I'm just not shure how to design them yet.
I also don't want to create another item transport system, there are enough existing solutions. I'd prefer to provide integration with as many as possible.

#34 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostXfel, on 22 March 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

For item transfer, there will be other blocks. I'm just not shure how to design them yet.
That's enough.

I also don't want to create another item transport system, there are enough existing solutions. I'd prefer to provide integration with as many as possible.
Not farther than adjacent block but with exact precision from & to the desired slot.

#35 FuzzyPurp

Part-Time Ninja

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostXfel, on 22 March 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

The inventory reader, as it's name says, reads inventories. It doesn't manipulate them. For item transfer, there will be other blocks. I'm just not shure how to design them yet.

Thats what bc and redpower is for, why overcomplicate things? if foo then rs.setOutput.

#36 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Progress Update:

I now wrote a digital crafting table. I'm still not shure how to manage the power control, so the current version will need buildcraft. Sorry. It doesn't crash if buildcraft isn't installed, but the digital workbench won't operate then. If you only want to use the workbench, but not buildcraft, donwload only BuildCraftCore and set power.framework=buildcraft.energy.RedstonePowerFramework in the config file. The workbench will take it's resources from adjacent inventories. It has a marked output side and will put the results into a chest placed there. It will not take resources from that chest. Note that this is a test version, it doesn't have a lua API yet.

#37 xuma202

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationBonn Germany

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hey I'm getting an Error. May someone be so kind and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Log-file:

27.03.2012 15:59:49 ModLoader addMod
FEIN: Failed to load mod from "mod_CCKeyboard.class"
27.03.2012 15:59:49 ModLoader addMod
FEINER: THROW
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: keyboard/BlockKeyboard
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1720)
at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:292)
at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1299)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:886)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
at aho.<init>(aho.java:79)
at aho.<clinit>(aho.java:9)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:395)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: keyboard.BlockKeyboard
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 13 more
27.03.2012 15:59:59 ModLoader readFromModFolder

Other mods are:

BC
IC2
RP
CC
ccSensors
4096Ids
IDResolver
ModLoader
ModLoaderMP
MC Forge

#38 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Sorry, it took some time. New version should have fixed it.

#39 xuma202

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationBonn Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

thanks

#40 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

BC autocraft table does not use energy. Should this?
Why not to use adjacent standard Crafting table? And any other processor of other mods?
It seems your block will not allow turtle to operate own inventory :o/>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users