[CC 1.5] [MC 1.4.6/1.4.7] [SMP] Xfel's peripherals - New cable appearance!

peripheral api

524 replies to this topic

#41 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

BC Automatic Crafting table doesn't do anything at it's own. You need to pull the results out through a wooden pipe, which of course needs to be powered. Mine works on it's own, without wooden pipes. so it has to consume energy.

A standard crafting table is just a block that opens a gui on right-click. It doesn't even have a tile entity.
The generic problem with your suggestion is that most processors need the recipe to be defined using a sample item set. I could let CC generate these, but no one stops the user from taking them out... That's items coming from nowhere, that's even worse then ee! I won't write that.

For turtles operating their own inventory: I never thought about that. But as a turtle can't place it properly anyway, you will need to create a docking station. So you could just create a pipe loop running the items back to the turtle.

#42 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Sorry if I annoy you. You will implement your own desire.
In BC energy needed for extraction only. Not for construction.
I still cannot understand your craft table.
Why sample item set needed? If your peripheral would able to take item from some inventory and place it in the appropriate slot of standard crafting table, wouldn't it be easy to get proper result from output slot?
As for turtle operating their own inventory I mean ability of peripheral to take/put a stack of items from/to the designated slot of designated nearby block.

A standard crafting table is just a block that opens a gui on right-click. It doesn't even have a tile entity.
Isn't it have an inventory at all?

#43 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

No, you don't annoy me.
The reason for the powering of the crafting table itself is that the system used by buildcraft is only available in buildcraft. Try do operate the BC auto crafting table with a RP transposer and you'll see what I mean. The default inventory system doesn't support virtual slots.

Update:
A turtle should now be able to process it's own inventory. And the database got a lua api with documentation. Hm, at some point I will have to make a changelog.

#44 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

hey there, I installed your mod, but after attaching the computer to the inventory reader, and rebooting it to load the APIs, the computer becomes unresponsive, the game doesn't crash, and the cursor is still blinking, but i can't do anything with the computer

#45 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

could you provide a screenshot or such?

#46 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Sure, here you go

http://imgur.com/a/9OsDF

First image is the setup, second is the computer booting for the first time, third is after i've typed in the reboot command and hit return. Ctrl+T, Ctrl+S, Ctrl+R don't seem to do anything, nothing appears on screen, but the cursor still blinks

also, when I did os.reboot() through Lua, the same error occurs.

#47 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Er, I'm not shure what is happening there. Normally the screen should clear when the computer reboots. So, there might be a bug with the filesystem.

Could you try to start a fresh setup computer and then type "cd /rom/apis" and "ls"? I would like to know whether the apis are actually included.

#48 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Same setup? Sure
http://imgur.com/9DljM

#49 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

OK, it seems that the api files don't get loaded. Strange. Did you install the mod by placing the "aip" folder inside the download zip into the mods folder?

#50 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

I did. I did have to change the block ID though, to make it work with other things I have installed, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it, I don't think

#51 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Are there any error messages? To access them try running minecraft in a console window (download the client jar and run java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp Minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame).

#52 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Actually, yes there are errors, here's the output from CODsniperkid's simpleerrortest. http://pastebin.com/HrBfdZkk

Section after this happened when I booted the computer up,

ComputerCraft: Error running task

this happened when I rebooted it: java.lang.RuntimeException: You didn't mount this location

#53 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

OK, seems to be an issue with redpower. It throws an error if the specified item data is invalid. I uploaded a fix to avoid further crashes.

However, you should avoid using the inventory reader on rp items. This can have unpredictable results, as RP uses too many data values per item.

#54 happy2pester

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ah well, that's annoying. The reason I actually downloaded your mod was to manage RP items, but I can work around that. Thanks for taking the time to help

#55 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

That's bad. I made an update, in which those who want to use RP can fix the problems by setting the "itemDamageLookahead"-property to 40000 or such. Note however that this might cause problems with other mods.

#56 xuma202

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationBonn Germany

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

It would we nice if the Recipe if the digital Workbench is programmable. So you can craft anything with only one Workbench.

#57 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

The recipe of the digital workbench is programmable.

#58 xuma202

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationBonn Germany

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

..ups

#59 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

No problem

#60 bobster71

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Hi I'm getting this error, I"m asing buildcraft 3.14. Any ideas? I'd realy like to use this. Thanks in advance.

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.3
Java: 1.6.0_30, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6570 version 4.2.11554 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.LiquidData.<init>(IILym;)V
at BuildCraftCore.initialize(BuildCraftCore.java:216)
at mod_BuildCraftCore.initialize(mod_BuildCraftCore.java:83)
at mod_BuildCraftCore.modsLoaded(mod_BuildCraftCore.java:99)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:898)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
at aho.<init>(aho.java:79)
at aho.<clinit>(aho.java:9)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:395)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT bf62cbb4 ----------

ps - ignore the angry people that dont bother trying to fix it themselves before complaining. Keep up the good work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users