[CC 1.5] [MC 1.4.6/1.4.7] [SMP] Xfel's peripherals - New cable appearance!

peripheral api

524 replies to this topic

#1 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Before anyone asks, I won't update the peripheral cables for MC 1.5 as CC has now native support for it using the lan functions. Anyway, thanks to everyone who used the addon up to now, I won't blame you for switching to the new official system.

Peripheral cables
Spoiler

ARP is still in the progress of being updated, please be patient.

Old stuff (below MC 1.2.5)
Spoiler

All of my mods are distributed under the MMPL license (http://www.mod-build...om/MMPL-1.0.txt). The source is available on github.

Edited by Xfel, 16 March 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#2 Holofire

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

This is bloody awesome. Gunna use it.

EDIT: Although the matter database recipe is a bit...odd

#3 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

If it for MC 1.2.3, please state it.

#4 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

@Sebra
ComputerCraft 1.31 is for MC 1.2.3, so I thought was implied.
@Holofire
I thought the recipe should include various kinds of items that are used in minecraft, as it has knowledge about them. If anyone has a better recipe suggestion, I'll think about changing it.

#5 Holofire

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Ah makes sense

#6 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Kind of implied.
I use backport because of IC2 not ready. So I have 1.31 in 1.1.
For knowledge base you definitely need bookshelf. And something connected to mob drops and other worlds like Glowdust and Pearl.

#7 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for your ideas. So, what about glowstone (other worlds), water bucket (liquids), Ender Pearl (Mobs) and Bookshelves (Knowledge)?

#8 Liraal

• New Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

add a computer to the recipe as well. it's a computerized device after all.

#9 6677

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

perhaps a floppy disk rather than a computer

also i believe the buildcraft version should be seperate to the current version. not everyone has or wants buildcraft

#10 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well, then I'll make two sub-parts (which can be enabled seperately). One containing the independant functions and one with further automatition capabilicies using buildcraft.

For the "Computerization": The lower part of the recipe contains stone and redstone, the basic computer indrigents. I don't want to use existing parts, as it would suggest extending their functionality.

#11 Sebra

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

No need for comp in recipe.
Why you need BC at all? What are you want from pipes?
Make your block so, if you place it aside of several block with inventory, it can send items from one block to another by command. So if you have Crafting Table nearby, you can send ingredients to slots needed and get result from output slot.

#12 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

True, but I think people who use buildcraft would want it to be integrated. Second point is that I'm not shure how to power the item transfer. I don't want it do be for free alternating redstone, and the buildcraft power system looks suitable.

#13 Dreamlash

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Use integration with RP cause bundle cables are optimal for CC, and the tubes from RP have a better code. but if you check Forge, this will fit with two mods. I think a Disk are better or maybe a wifi like plate.

Make it compatible with RP wires and bundles :3

#14 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

In general, you're right. RP tubes are more convenient in use, and it contains mechanics which would fit my purposes better.

Unfortunately, RedPower lacks a public API or mod developement instructions.To use it, I would have to decompile and deobfuscate it manually.
Buildcraft, on the other hand, has a bunch of classes modders are allowed to redistribute. Additionally, it is open source, so I can get all code in deobfuscated state. Using the buildcraft API, the mod will still work without bc, but if it is installed, the features are used.

#15 Dreamlash

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostXfel, on 20 March 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

In general, you're right. RP tubes are more convenient in use, and it contains mechanics which would fit my purposes better.

Unfortunately, RedPower lacks a public API or mod developement instructions.To use it, I would have to decompile and deobfuscate it manually.
Buildcraft, on the other hand, has a bunch of classes modders are allowed to redistribute. Additionally, it is open source, so I can get all code in deobfuscated state. Using the buildcraft API, the mod will still work without bc, but if it is installed, the features are used.

Well you can ask Eloraam about hand off the codes you will need. As I know she will accept if you ask for it, or maybe cause all are used by Forge, the necessary code will be inside that is Open source too.

I apologize of any error I post here, totally noob in java matters.

#16 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

what are the inventory and db apis? i cant find them ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE REPLY EXTREMELY SOON!!!!!

#17 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

nvm i found them

#18 Buttmuncher

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

But how do you use them?

#19 Xfel

Peripheral Designer

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I didn't have time yet to write a full user-guide. An overview is provided by the help pages, simply type "help db" and "help inventory" to show them.

#20 6677

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

When you have time I think you should improve the quality of the help doc's. Perhaps add a sample program aswell or at least a few lines in help.

I've checked your current help files and they arent all that useful. I dont see what Im meant to do with the apis

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users