eMeter - count your energy Business

13 replies to this topic

#1 mieper

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

You run in Minecraft a power plant? Your customers will pay? eMeter is right foryou!
The Electrical Meter is a tool to count your energy from Industrial Craft. And displays it!

How to Install:

Put the content from zip file into a floppy disk. The Floppy will start the Setup automatically!

Requirements:

Minecraft
Computercraft 1.3+
Industrialcraft 2

Download now!(Dropbox)

Critique is welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 kornichen

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nice... I think it is a good program ;)

#3 mieper

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

View Postkornichen, on 28 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Nice... I think it is a good program ;)
Thank you :)

#4 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Nice idea and program man :)

Just a question though... how do you know exactly how much EU is being drawn? is it a guess on the programs part, or is it using say ccSensors?

#5 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

From the screenshot, I'd say it's guesstimating by looking at the redstone input from the EU flow detector adjacent to the computer.

#6 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

i think you have to input the amount of eu first and then it will count the seconds passing by while the redstone is on

#7 Zoinky

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Like Lyqyd said, it's just calculating the amount of time that EU is flowing through the cable. You probably need to input the EU packet size before it starts. Time x EU packets = EU used

#8 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostZoinky, on 11 January 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Like Lyqyd said, it's just calculating the amount of time that EU is flowing through the cable. You probably need to input the EU packet size before it starts. Time x EU packets = EU used
Not necessarily. A cable can send (afaik) an unlimited number of packets per second. So, as great an idea as this is, it's not really accurate.

#9 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

would be cool to have a version of this work with ccSensors or openCCSenors and get real readings :)

#10 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

or just one peripheral mod that makes all kinds of blocks from other mods a peripheral so that for example we can use the detector cable as an peripheral to count eu/sec or something

#11 bbqroast

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Well, I'd say you need to input the EU/t and then it monitors for when the EU is running. I'm going to try and make a system to maintain a solid EU/t value. Probably 32EU/t.

#12 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postwilcomega, on 12 January 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

or just one peripheral mod that makes all kinds of blocks from other mods a peripheral so that for example we can use the detector cable as an peripheral to count eu/sec or something
I suggest a single batbox output to the customer at your site. At the customer site, you have your eMeter setup, connected to a batbox. Then a cable going from the batbox to the customer premises. Since you're pulling from one single point into another single point (Your output batbox to the customer premises batbox), there's no way to draw more than 1 packet per second. If you wanted a more efficient distribution network, you could use a typical glass fiber distribution line, then under each customer premises you have a batbox, 1 single detector cable, another batbox, then the customer cable up to the demarcation point. You can sell in increments of 32 eu/t. As an added bonus, the customer has a smaller "overdraw" buffer, because they CAN draw in excess of 32 eu/t from the outer batbox. They also have a small buffer in case of grid failure, in the form of the inner batbox, which will allow the customer to continue to receive a steady 32 eu/t for a while even if the grid fails.

#13 unstopablekk

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I really like this idea, it's funny because I was thinking of setting up a server (in-game) using computers as data storage units. I an currently working on using these data centers to receive user login throughout the town. I also wanted to send the data this receives to the data center, But the rednet only receives at a 64 block radius. So this would be useless unless there was some sort of network tower for computercraft since my town will be very large.
-edit: sorry for the horrible grammer and spelling. I'm on an iphone and it's extremely difficult to type on it.-

#14 D3matt

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postunstopablekk, on 15 January 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

I really like this idea, it's funny because I was thinking of setting up a server (in-game) using computers as data storage units. I an currently working on using these data centers to receive user login throughout the town. I also wanted to send the data this receives to the data center, But the rednet only receives at a 64 block radius. So this would be useless unless there was some sort of network tower for computercraft since my town will be very large.
-edit: sorry for the horrible grammer and spelling. I'm on an iphone and it's extremely difficult to type on it.-
1)Putting turtles higher gives longer range, up to 300-something by default.
2)If it's your server, you can increase the rednet range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users