Jump to content




[CC 1.33] [Beta 1.8.1] CCInput 0.27 (Big update!) - Play games on your giant monitor!


176 replies to this topic

#21 coolblockj

  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Lol this is probably a stupid comment, but how do you get the block to work from farther away :3?

#22 Y.Petremann

  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

One thing that could be cool, ( and making it multiplayer compatible ) is to read the keyboard from person that are near or on your block and because there is virus in computercraft, to send somes messages to this player when he is "listened"

#23 FuzzyPurp

    Part-Time Ninja

  • Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

 Espen, on 23 March 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

 FuzzyPurp, on 23 March 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

Wow damn 160 is a conflict with buildcraft Ewww. Fix the config to be changeable(must!) Also smp support would be nice. Till then i cant even install it with a hardcoded id that conflicts with buildcraft. I choose buildcraft. @Espen - IC2, immibis mod Tubestuff and a few others use Jar files in /mods. So i think your are finally wrong about something OMG :)/>
If you reread my post, I didn't say that it only reads .zip files, I said it doesn't read .rar files. :D/>
Since I don't know if that is official or not, I tried it out by myself and it appeared not to work as a .rar. That's why I used the word "apparently" in my previous post.^^

But even if I was wrong, that's no biggie. We're all human. (Or are we?) :(/>
That would just give me the opportunity to learn the truth and improve my understanding. I don't let an ego stand between me and intellectual honesty.

EDIT: Going through some alternative interpretations of your post in regards to mine: Could it be that you simply misread .rar as .jar? :)/>


Lmao yup - i damn sure got .rar and .jar mixed up Hahaha..goddammit you nunja! On another note, is this guy goin to actally fix this addon or what, I just see people in other places recommending this for a keyboard yet it doesnt work/ and incompatible with one of the biggest mods for MC. On top of having a hard coded id in its config, even if it generates a config file.

#24 Espen

    Curious Explorer

  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hmm, it works for me, kinda. The keyboard item itself doesn't do anything at the moment, so you don't need it.
The only thing you need is the weird invisible black-grass-block next to a computer. Every you press will then be made available through the peripheral API.
The thing is, that at the moment as soon as you place the block next to a computer, it will record all of your key presses.
When you walk around and do other stuff, then all the keys you press are recorded.
So basically, there's no activation key at the moment, it's constantly activated.

I think roel15 mentioned over on the mincraftforum's CC thread, that he doesn't have time at the moment, but will continue to work on it this weekend.
So far his code looks relatively good, especially in light of it (seemingly) being his first mod, as far as I interpreted him correctly.
So I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.

Edited by Espen, 24 March 2012 - 12:57 AM.


#25 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

 Espen, on 24 March 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hmm, it works for me, kinda. The keyboard item itself doesn't do anything at the moment, so you don't need it.
The only thing you need is the weird invisible black-grass-block next to a computer. Every you press will then be made available through the peripheral API.
The thing is, that at the moment as soon as you place the block next to a computer, it will record all of your key presses.
When you walk around and do other stuff, then all the keys you press are recorded.
So basically, there's no activation key at the moment, it's constantly activated.

I think roel15 mentioned over on the mincraftforum's CC thread, that he doesn't have time at the moment, but will continue to work on it this weekend.
So far his code looks relatively good, especially in light of it (seemingly) being his first mod, as far as I interpreted him correctly.
So I guess we'll have to wait a few more days.
Do you have the newest version of my mod? Because the keyboard is needed now.

Quote

So far his code looks relatively good, especially in light of it (seemingly) being his first mod, as far as I interpreted him correctly.
Yes, this is my first mod.

Also, I sorta hate Mojang now, since I can't update my mod now.

#26 Espen

    Curious Explorer

  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

 roel15, on 24 March 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Do you have the newest version of my mod? Because the keyboard is needed now.

Also, I sorta hate Mojang now, since I can't update my mod now.
No I don't, thx for calling that to my attention!
Will definitely give this a try, I'm curious to see the changes. :(/>

#27 kamnxt

  • New Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I made a keyboard! :(/> Nice mod btw. :)/>
Attached Image: kbd.png

#28 LolHens

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

RESPECT! REALLY COOL PERIPHERAL! ONE OF THE BEST, I'VE EVER SEEN! Best replacement for mobile computers, or notebooks and really great to use with a monitor, or turtle remote controlling systems!
btw. the keyboard texture is very cool. You should implement it. :o/>

You could make it, if you right click with the keyboard, it changes its texture to one with a green light. Your player chooses the nearest invisible grass block :o/> and sends its keys. Right click to deactivate.

(I know, my English is bad)

#29 kamnxt

  • New Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

If you want to use my keyboard, just download it and put it into your_minecraft_dir/mods/CCInput/IBlock/Knive.png :o/>

Edit: Made IBlock textures. I don't know how the keyboard is connected to the block, so i used bluetooth (Maybe it should be Redtooth? :o/>).
IBlockTop.png: Attached Image: IBlockTop.png
IBlockBottom.png: Attached Image: IBlockBottom.png
IBlockSide.png: Attached Image: IBlockSide.png

To install, replace the files in your_minecraft_dir/mods/CCInput/filename.png :)/>

Edit 2: redtooth! :)/>
IBlockSide.png Attached Image: IBlockSide.png

#30 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Actually, the remotes use rednet 2.0. That's why you need an IBlock, the old computers don't have rednet 2.0 yet. :o/>

#31 FuzzyPurp

    Part-Time Ninja

  • Members
  • 510 posts
  • LocationHarlem, NY

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Another update, uses 2 block ids now, and the config changes for the block ids still cant be changed? I guess your config files are for show, i've reported this before the last update. Sorry but i have to remove it, before i get a chance to test it.

#32 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

 FuzzyPurp, on 28 March 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Another update, uses 2 block ids now, and the config changes for the block ids still cant be changed? I guess your config files are for show, i've reported this before the last update. Sorry but i have to remove it, before i get a chance to test it.

BTW, how do you even know that the config doesn't work? When you posted that comment there were no downloads of the update...

#33 Cloudy

    Ex-Developer

  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

If you don't want to complete this and improve it any further, would you mind if I created my own input peripheral? I've been wanting a project to sink my teeth into, and the only thing that has been stopping me doing this one is that you're already doing it :o/>

#34 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

 Cloudy, on 28 March 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

If you don't want to complete this and improve it any further, would you mind if I created my own input peripheral? I've been wanting a project to sink my teeth into, and the only thing that has been stopping me doing this one is that you're already doing it :o/>

I was a bit annoyed yesterday, but I still want to improve it. However, you can still join the "team" (LOL). :o/>

#35 Cloudy

    Ex-Developer

  • Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

 roel15, on 29 March 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

 Cloudy, on 28 March 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

If you don't want to complete this and improve it any further, would you mind if I created my own input peripheral? I've been wanting a project to sink my teeth into, and the only thing that has been stopping me doing this one is that you're already doing it :o/>

I was a bit annoyed yesterday, but I still want to improve it. However, you can still join the "team" (LOL). :o/>

Fair enough!

Well, I wouldn't mind working with you on this. I do have some ideas of my own in order to make this better. If you're interested, shoot me a PM on here or on IRC :)/>

#36 kamnxt

  • New Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Can you add an option in the config to choose item name and block name? So you can set it to controller, remote, keyboard or something else? :o/>

#37 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

 kamnxt, on 29 March 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Can you add an option in the config to choose item name and block name? So you can set it to controller, remote, keyboard or something else? :o/>

Ok, somewere today I'll release an update.

#38 kamnxt

  • New Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Yay! My remote is a keyboard! :o/>
Btw:
- Do you use the questionMark.png file?
- Why does the block give off light?
:o/>

#39 Hackingroelz

    Peripheral Designer

  • Members
  • 213 posts
  • Locationthe Nether(lands)

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

 kamnxt, on 29 March 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yay! My remote is a keyboard! :o/>
Btw:
- Do you use the questionMark.png file?
- Why does the block give off light?
:o/>

1. The questionMark.png is for a block that I was working on, but it will probaly be deleted in an update
2. I don't know

#40 dimitriye98

  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

java.lang.NullPointerException
at TileEntityIBlock.n_(TileEntityIBlock.java:169)
at xd.n(World.java:2059)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1884)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:842)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:747)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)


well?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users