Roxoroic Engineering inc.© [Dev's needed]

media utility lua

9 replies to this topic

#1 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near the local computer store?

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Welcome to the homepage of Roxororic Engineering!

Null-Void is copyrighted/created by 'Roxororic Engineering inc.', please do not re-distribute. If someone you know wants a copy of Null-Void© then give them a link to this forum. If you're caught 'stealing' Null-Void© components and/or code you can/will be reported to the computercraft forums. From their they may decide what to do (Probably make you remove the stolen code from your post or something). So please don't copy.

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ACTIVE DEVELOPERS. OPEN POSITION FOR CO-OWNER OF Roxoroic engineering. IF YOU WANT TO BECOME THE CO-OWNER THEN PM ME YOUR BEST CODE WITH YOUR APPLICATION. PERSON WITH THE BEST APPLICATION/CODE/PERSONALITIE WILL BECOME THE CO-OWNER!

Job Applications:
Spoiler

Developer Info:
Spoiler

Active Projects:
Spoiler

Goals:
Spoiler

#2 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Please do not ever use ComputerCraft Forums as a legally protective, binding or legal-providing entity. (quote; " you can/will be punished severely by ComputerCraft.info fourms").This is one of the biggest no-no's I've ever seen and had to act on so far.

Carefully read and understand your rights and obligations, and our rights, should you chose to go down the path of "copyright protection". Slapping copyright on a program does not change our obligations and rights, but it does change yours - and it's actually a very delicate thing, and should you not understand the full implications, can become very nasty. We shouldn't ever be considered as legal advisors nor people whom will directly protect your copyrights for you - we do our best to remove illegally copied and distributed code, as it's against the law, but we're not going to hunt people on your behalf or send a horde of pitchfork-wielding lawyers after everyone who breaks your terms - because, to be honest, it's feasibly ridiculous.

Your code and upholding whatever rights and reservations you make on said code is entirely your responsibility. We are not copywriters, we don't provide patenting or code security. If you chose to post code to the fourms, it's practically considered owner's onus as far as management and any form of protection goes. You can do whatever you want with your code - so far as to prevent people from looking at it.

Please don't also imply that we will punish or discipline users on your behalf - it's entirely our decision, and unless it directly concerns the forums in a significant form (legal or not), external disputes and any other form of external matters do not forward into the forums (usually).

It would be greatly appreciated if you corrected your "copyright" terms/notices to reflect our direct indemnity to your project as soon as is possible - by removing any applicable sections that directly imply that we are responsible for conducting legal action.

tl;dr: don't consider us as legal entities - we're not, and we will (probably) never be.

#3 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

--deleted--

#4 HotGirlEAN

• Banned
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Gravity we already hammered this in, Lochie deleted my post and another person's post earlier when we continued on... basically what you went on about. XD
We'll just have to see how this guy responds to this.

#5 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Ok sorry :(

xD

#6 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

You didn't really lay out what you want to accomplish with this 'company'. All you did was announce you are creating an organization, and tell us that you would punish us for 'stealing' your code.
If you're really looking for members, you need to have some sort of Mission Statement. Something that tells others what your goals are, and what you aim to accomplish with this gathering of individuals.

#7 HotGirlEAN

• Banned
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

To clarify this mess up, is this just a ROLEPLAY "company" or are you saying its a LEGIT "company"?
:) Gave you a small hint where to answer.

#8 snoble2022

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere near the local computer store?

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Oh, sorry guys. When I said "severly punished by the computercraft forums" I had talked to lyqyd and he said the forums would take check out/take care of issues with stolen code if I reported it. That was an exageration. As for the mission goals and stuff, i'll edit the post now.

#9 HotGirlEAN

• Banned
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for clarifying! :) We wanted to resolve this "issue" before some of the reknowned forum "Ragers" came on and started giving hell to this post, if that happened the post'd be locked.

#10 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I phrased things specifically so that you wouldn't spout off about your code being protected by the ComputerCraft staff, which it certainly will not be. What I said was that we don't take blatant copyright violation lightly (which we don't), and that you should report things that you feel are in violation. I also said we will take care of reported posts, whether that means taking any action or not. Do not twist my words. Do not intentionally misinterpret or misrepresent things that were said to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users