[WIP] Siri

46 replies to this topic

#41 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Make a MiscPeripherals version in which it uses a speaking turtle to speak!

Oh yeah, and I'd be happy to help. I'm on the network. (Well, I'm on ZHG Server 8 since 9 was full, it had the same password and I know Hamachi, I'll still be able to get on the server)

PM me (here or on Hamachi) the ip.

#42 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS at an unknown place in time.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 06 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostPixelToast, on 06 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

well its 1 min till midnight so my facts are still valid
EDIT:
FFFFUUUUUUUU changed to 12:00 while i was editing

how do you plan on inturpreting it, will it be like the text based minecraft thing?
Actually, you input a question and it sends the question to Wolfram Alpha, which then sends the answer back and displays it to you. I already have the input/send/receive functions, I'm only missing the function to display those answers, which was a pain in the ass because the answer you get from Wolfram is XML code, but thanks to kingdaro I know how to format that XML to get the answer only, I just have to implement the idea and we're good to go.

There are some pros and cons about Wolfram, the good thing is the capability to send almost any question and getting a coherent answer, reducing drastically the length of the program. But the bad thing is having a limit of requests/month, because I don't have money to buy the advanced dev liscence, which makes your requests unlimited.
Umm.. no, that was not the direction I was heading. Wolfram Alpha won't be able to mess with the file system or anything, right? Everything will be processed on the Siri Server.

#43 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

View Postbrett122798, on 06 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Spoiler
Umm.. no, that was not the direction I was heading. Wolfram Alpha won't be able to mess with the file system or anything, right? Everything will be processed on the Siri Server.

I also thought about that and it has a filter, when you type something that only the comp can make, it checks in a table for those commands, if it finds them the command is not sent to Wolfram, otherwise it sends it.

And we could still use the Siri server instead of Wolfram, but I won't type more than 3 million interpretations

#44 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Good news, wolfram alpha API is now implemented and runs flawlessly, bad thing is: Wolfram limits the requests / month because I'm using a free dev license

#45 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 08 January 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Good news, wolfram alpha API is now implemented and runs flawlessly, bad thing is: Wolfram limits the requests / month because I'm using a free dev license
I am not going to use the Wolfram Alpha API for Siri, but you may keep your own personal version of Siri.

#46 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postbrett122798, on 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

I am not going to use the Wolfram Alpha API for Siri, but you may keep your own personal version of Siri.
Ok, if you want to I'll set up the server, but you my friend, you'll have to type every possible command/interpretation, because I won't do that

#47 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 08 January 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

View Postbrett122798, on 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Ok, if you want to I'll set up the server, but you my friend, you'll have to type every possible command/interpretation, because I won't do that
I don't care, I was preparing for it anyway. The way I plan for it to work, is that I'll release updates with more ways to say a command and more commands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users