[cc 1.5x] Cciri - The Best Siri/encyclopedia Program For Computer Craft. V 2.1

computer media utility

168 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion about CCiri! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like CCiri? Do you find it useful?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostSkullblade, on 12 January 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

how do you get V1.2 paste bin is V1.1

The link to the beta paste is there, in the code spoiler

#42 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

At some point tomorrow I think I'm going to attempt writing an XML interpreter.......... maybe a HTML one too... :) after I get this Extended String Library into OO :)

#43 PhoenixDawn

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

This program is great!

Here's an idea for your next project, I was gonna do it but you would be more successful.

Make a 'Define' script and use Urban Dictionary, this would be another great thing to do!

#44 pielover88888

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn a library that's in a village, huddling my advanced computer as zombies bang on the door.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Everybody ignored my luakit api idea? Really? Nobody want's to go online, with a web browser, in computercraft? * disappointed..*

#45 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

View Postpielover88888, on 12 January 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Everybody ignored my luakit api idea? Really? Nobody want's to go online, with a web browser, in computercraft? * disappointed..*
With the amount of time I develop I never play.

#46 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostSkullblade, on 12 January 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

how do you get V1.2 paste bin is V1.1
It's not released yet, the BETA 1.2 is, but not the official release because I haven't tested the code of the BETA fully

#47 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Ok, expect a new release (2.0) in a bit.
I know what you're thinking: "2.0?! But the program was released 2 days ago!"
Well, actually the program has been doing so well that now remiX and TheOriginalBIT are helping me with it, and they've helped to the point that the program actually got fully rewrote, which means it's more user-friendly, less prone to bug and free of errors!

#48 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

haha nice! Your using my loading bar api... :D
might I suggest you add in a link to it though so people don't say they are getting an error when calling it :)

#49 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostTheOriginalBIT, on 12 January 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

haha nice! Your using my loading bar api... :D
might I suggest you add in a link to it though so people don't say they are getting an error when calling it :)

Installer will download the API so people don't complain about downloading multiple dependencies

#50 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

ok cool.... just checking ;) coz as its stands anyone who gets the beta, needs to get my api too...

EDIT: I've added you to my "Programs Using" list ;) :)

Edited by TheOriginalBIT, 12 January 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#51 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hmm, CC won't let me move files to the rom folder.....

#52 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ok, version 2.0 released as an official version.
Changes:
  • Fixed the annoying scrolling bug
  • Finally fixed the Loading bar not working
  • Added a new starting animation, using TheOriginalBIT's Load Bar API (Thanks for this!)
  • Added a new installer, it will automatically download all the needed dependencies
  • Finally, added more App Keys to increase the max queries/month you can make (You may get an error message from the server, that means you're using an empty App Key, simply press X and try again)
  • Added new auto-updatig method
And again, thanks remiX for this

Edit: Herp derp, I derped and the installer was using the wrong methods, as well as the program, re-install and if you had troubles they should be fixed

#53 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS at an unknown place in time.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Woah! Umm.. it took me a while to see this topic.. no clue why.. I did not expect you to actually release your version of the program, in fact, I believe I said you could keep your version for personal use. I mean, how do you expect this to work out once I finish my version? Have I just been kicked out of my own idea?

#54 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postbrett122798, on 12 January 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Woah! Umm.. it took me a while to see this topic.. no clue why.. I did not expect you to actually release your version of the program, in fact, I believe I said you could keep your version for personal use. I mean, how do you expect this to work out once I finish my version? Have I just been kicked out of my own idea?
1. Look at the credits, you're there, so, be proud I have education and that I included you, just for the reason of being ethic. 2. 100% my code, therefore I can release it if I want, because you actually did not take part into making this. 3. Many people would like having this type of program, rather than one limiting to some commands found in an in-game server

#55 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 12 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

1. Look at the credits, you're there, so, be proud I have education and that I included you, just for the reason of being ethic. 2. 100% my code, therefore I can release it if I want, because you actually did not take part into making this. 3. Many people would like having this type of program, rather than one limiting to some commands found in an in-game server
4. Its implementation is quite different to your idea brett122798...

Edited by TheOriginalBIT, 12 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#56 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

That still does not give you the right to rip my idea without permission. It may be different it it's own way, but it's the same concept.

#57 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

View Postbrett122798, on 12 January 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

That still does not give you the right to rip my idea without permission. It may be different it it's own way, but it's the same concept.
Bing is the same concept as Google......... Samsung Voice (is that what its called?) is the same concept as Siri............ Every app store around the world is the same concept as the first app store.......... Windows is the same concept as Unix.................... shall I go on?

#58 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

How many Door locks are out there? How many are similar? And who ripped whose idea? Well, nobody, since it's open programming, and you can do what you please. Again, I added you to the credits, I even said you had the idea, but no, you have to come here and start flaming, maybe because you won't really outstand with your program and just want to take me down?

#59 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostHeracles421, on 12 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

How many Door locks are out there? How many are similar? And who ripped whose idea? Well, nobody, since it's open programming, and you can do what you please. Again, I added you to the credits, I even said you had the idea, but no, you have to come here and start flaming, maybe because you won't really outstand with your program and just want to take me down?
I believe this is severely different than a door lock or an OS... that's a very easy idea to think of. I was OBVIOUSLY the first person to make a post on these forums to make Siri. I mean, you even have just about the same named program for crying out loud! Sounds the same except for the extra C.

#60 Heracles421

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ok, then you rip off apple's idea, you even have the exact same name for the program as them! It's exactly the same

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users