220 replies to this topic

#1 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thunderhawk Email Client

Version 3.0

Thunderhawk is a real life email client in ComputerCraft which works across Minecraft worlds and servers (using PHP and MySQL). It includes the ability to create an account, and send, receive, trash, and delete emails. All passwords are hashed in SHA-512 - the most secure hashing algorithm in the world, so there's literally no chance someone's going to steal your password.

You can find a list of all accounts for Thunderhawk here, so you are able to see who you can send messages to.

Notice: Accounts with usernames that are inappropriate in a family environment are subject to termination without prior notice.

Register here: http://firewolfcc.com/thunderhawk

New in 3.0
- It's finally back! :D
- Brand new backend
- Registration only through the website
- Nothing much else has changed

Change Log
Spoiler

Features
- Send, receive, and delete emails
- Emails have a subject and scrollable body
- Create new accounts
- Delete your account
- View sent messages
- Login securely with your account
- Passwords hashed with salt in SHA-256 and SHA-512
- Error warnings
- Scrollable inbox
- Scroll bars
- Reply and forward functions
- Move messages to the trash
- Empty the trash
- Builtin Automatic Updater

Screenshots
Viewing a Message:
Posted Image

Inbox:
Spoiler

Compose:
Spoiler

Welcome Page:
Spoiler

Login:
Spoiler

Security Notice
Before anyone starts worrying about a repeat of the NDF-OS incident, I'll explain why such an event isn't possible (to my knowledge) with this system. First of all, the passwords are encrypted in SHA-256, then salted, then encrypted in SHA-512 again server-side. SHA-512 and SHA-256 are the most secure and second most secure hashing algorithms in the world, in use by many professional businesses and government agencies. It is part of the new generation of SHA-2 hashing algorithms, with no collisions found as of yet. You can find out more about this from the Wikipedia article.
Second of all, the account data is stored in a MySQL database (not in plain text in a file), which requires a set of credentials to access. There is no script that performs any form of modification to the FTP files - meaning no upload, download, or update scripts on the server at all (never had been, never will be). This means its not possible to see any of the messages, or account details.
Note: This means I cannot see passwords!
Thunderhawk has many other features (including protection against MySQL injection) to keep everything secure and running well, I'm just not going to document them here.

Download
Thunderhawk can be downloaded from Pastebin or Hastebin, using the Pastebin ID: R9Eb4XuG or the Hastebin ID: hihocowawo.lua
Or type into your computer:
pastebin get R9Eb4XuG thunderhawk

Note: you can't autoupdate from the old version sadly! I renamed the script on GitHub, meaning you must re-download it from Pastebin.

Credits
- Code by me :D (GravityScore)
- Lieudusty, who will be protecting this from a fiery eternal death overnight while I sleep using his crazy hocuspocus magic.

Please leave your opinion in a comment, or report a bug! If the bug is a big security risk, message me straight away, please do not post it in the comments where everyone can see it!

Edited by GravityScore, 28 December 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#2 lieudusty

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Yay! I'm in the credits! xD

#3 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Wow looks cool...I've seen something along the same lines as this but it like almost all php/http programs it crumbled because of jacka**** messing with it...hope that doesn't happen to this program it looks awesome cant wait to try it out!

#4 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Damn o_O I don't even.

Well done GravityScore, this is beyond brilliant :P

#5 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS at an unknown place in time.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

You should make this a website for Firewolf. THEN it would be real e-mail!

#6 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Just wanted to put this out dere, this is not in real life email (emails that are like [email protected]). Its just a mailing system that uses the HTTP api to send messages to other people using thunderbird.

#7 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Oh, question: Why are you guys all of a sudden making tons of programs? Well two..

#8 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

brett122798, on 13 January 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Oh, question: Why are you guys all of a sudden making tons of programs? Well two..
It's really just gravityscore :P I've made a couple of programs before (one of them being lightshot) a REALLYYY long time ago. GravityScore just fixed it up and added a lot of stuff. Also GravityScore has been working on thunderbird for a long time. Like since early december.

#9 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

1lann, on 13 January 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's really just gravityscore :P I've made a couple of programs before (one of them being lightshot) a REALLYYY long time ago. GravityScore just fixed it up and added a lot of stuff. Also GravityScore has been working on thunderbird for a long time. Like since early december.
Oh, well that's good that he's going "outside the box." At least with lightshot.. e-mails sound pretty similar to Firewolf.

#10 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

On off since december :P

I would have released it much sooner but 000webhost kept screwing up on me :P

Ty again lieu :P

brett122798, on 13 January 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Oh, well that's good that he's going "outside the box." At least with lightshot.. e-mails sound pretty similar to Firewolf.

I wouldn't say so...
This uses PHP to communicate - Firewolf uses Rednet (most of which 1lann wrote - I just did the GUI :P)

#11 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

GravityScore, on 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I wouldn't say so...
This uses PHP to communicate - Firewolf uses Rednet (most of which 1lann wrote - I just did the GUI :P)
It's very similar to the user's eyes. I mean, how would anybody know it's PHP and not Rednet without reading the code or more in this topic?

#12 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

brett122798, on 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

GravityScore, on 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I wouldn't say so...
It's very similar to the user's eyes. I mean, how would anybody know it's PHP and not Rednet without reading the code or more in this topic?

Ah I see your point. I know what you mean :P

#13 pielover88888

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIn a library that's in a village, huddling my advanced computer as zombies bang on the door.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well, first of all, they could notice that other users don't have to be in your minecraft world or on the same server.
Otherwise, "real life" in the title gives them a darn good hint that it's not rednet :P

#14 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

pielover88888, on 13 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well, first of all, they could notice that other users don't have to be in your minecraft world or on the same server.
Otherwise, "real life" in the title gives them a darn good hint that it's not rednet :P
You don't?!

EDIT: What's your "e-mail"?

#15 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

So how 'bout this;

There is a new built-in firewolf website called CCtube, you make an account with your Thunderbird email and it will send you a confirmation. Once you type the code in the activation email your account is activated and you can upload files that you have recorded using Lightshot and it will put them on a real-life database so that everyone on CCtube can see it. You can also subscribe to users and it will send you a Thunderbird email whenever they upload a new video.

Tying these 3 programs together!

(Oh yes and my e-mail is Shnupbups)

#16 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Alright, who's making a ton of spam email addresses?

#17 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Stealing other applications' names is not very creative, maybe you should rename this one too.

#18 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Leo Verto, on 13 January 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Stealing other applications' names is not very creative, maybe you should rename this one too.

Any suggestions? I think that might be a good idea...

Thundereagle
Thunderpigeon
Thunderbudgie
Thunderparrot
ThunderhehehehelolxD

#19 Leo Verto

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

GravityScore, on 13 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Thunderturtle!

#20 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Leo Verto, on 13 January 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

GravityScore, on 13 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Thunderturtle!
Thunder + Turtle = ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users