Copy scripts from local to SMP

11 replies to this topic

#1 Araneo

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hello. When I play on SMP server, and I am not admin. How I can copy my scripts from local computer to game in SMP server.
In SSP game I copy it to save folder and to computercraft\<ID computer> folder. But on SMP?

Thanks

#2 Espen

Curious Explorer

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

You can paste your code into pastebin.com and then make use of the native 'pastebin' program of CC to download it into your CC computer:
help pastebin

#3 Araneo

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Thanks, but "help pastebin" write "No help available"
I found something about it on the internet, but http needed. Http is disabled on this server.

Is there other way to copy code from local to server?

#4 Casper7526

OG of CC

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

You can just copy paste your code, but there is a limit to how much you can pastein from your clipboard before well... bad things happen :(/>

#5 Espen

Curious Explorer

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Araneo, on 24 March 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Thanks, but "help pastebin" write "No help available" I found something about it on the internet, but http needed. Http is disabled on this server. Is there other way to copy code from local to server?
Ok, in that case it seems the server you're on is running ComputerCraft below version 1.3.
Also if they've even disabled the http functionality of CC, then there's not much you can do except what Casper already suggested.

Someone made a CC FTP mod for Bukkit, so that one can upload the programs into one's computer folder: http://www.computerc...putercraft-ftp/
But the admins would have to make use of that of course. Maybe you can pitch them the idea, though it could be a security risk, because it's not as rigorously tested as e.g. some popular ftp server software.

#6 Araneo

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Casper7526, on 25 March 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

You can just copy paste your code, but there is a limit to how much you can pastein from your clipboard before well... bad things happen :(/>
How I can paste? I tried CTRL+V but it doesn't work. (Nothing happend)

Espen, on 25 March 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Ok, in that case it seems the server you're on is running ComputerCraft below version 1.3.
I wrote help index. There is topic called whatsnew1.2 - so maybe it is only computercraft 1.2 - it is technicpack server.
Admin is not very helpful. Not even fix the bug with changing diskdrive to modem.

#7 ComputerCraftFan11

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Araneo, on 25 March 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Casper7526, on 25 March 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Espen, on 25 March 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

I wrote help index. There is topic called whatsnew1.2 - so maybe it is only computercraft 1.2 - it is technicpack server.
Admin is not very helpful. Not even fix the bug with changing diskdrive to modem.

You can get a auto Typer, I made tut on one somewhere in lua...

#8 Wired2coffee

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe Coffee Maker

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Well, if you happen to be running on a mac, I made an auto typer just recently for this exact purpose.
Just run this in applescript:
Spoiler

#9 Espen

Curious Explorer

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Araneo, on 25 March 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

If you press CTRL once, you'll enter the menu of the editor, that's why it isn't working.
Do it whis way:
  • Press the CTRL once to enter the menu.
  • Then press CTRL+V to paste something.
Hope this way it works for you, sure does for me. :(/>

#10 LucasUK

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Im so dumb, im an admin on custom modified minecraft not tekkit or anything, but I cant find my created programs in windows? Please help? SMP

Thanks!

#11 LucasUK

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

EDIT - OMG!

Ok resolved B)/>, all saves in SMP go into the "WorldSaves" folder, even though my world is saved as a different name and in a different location :)/> B)/> Thinking about it I remember reading it somewhere when I installed the mod a while back B)/>

#12 stabby

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Wired2coffee, on 25 March 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Well, if you happen to be running on a mac, I made an auto typer just recently for this exact purpose.
Just run this in applescript:
Spoiler

This code does not work for me =/ It gives me the error: "«script» doesn’t understand the w_Type message."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users