Jump to content




Rednet messenger

wireless networking lua

12 replies to this topic

#1 phaleron

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hey guys,

im searching a long time for "how do i get mutyple strings in one rednet.send()".
i found something by myselfs. turn 2 a variables into one string and then convert it back again with textutils.unserialize(), textutils.serialize() and tables.
but in dont have any clue how to do that!

please help me :)

#2 stabby

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

You mean that you want to send for an example the varible A and the varible B at once?

#3 phaleron

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Poststabby, on 20 January 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

You mean that you want to send for an example the varible A and the varible B at once?
yes indeed!

#4 stabby

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

rednet.open("back") -- or whatever side your modem is on
local a = "Hey "
local b = "man"
rednet.send(id, a.. B)/>

Just use ".." after the varible to add another one (or string) For an example: (Id, "string".. "Hey".. varible.. "\n")

#5 crazyguymgd

  • Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Then you have to parse the resulting string at the sender.

#6 phaleron

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Poststabby, on 20 January 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

rednet.open("back") -- or whatever side your modem is on
local a = "Hey "
local b = "man"
rednet.send(id, a.. B)/>/>

Just use ".." after the varible to add another one (or string) For an example: (Id, "string".. "Hey".. varible.. "\n")
Thats perfect! thx!

#7 phaleron

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

View Postcrazyguymgd, on 20 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Then you have to parse the resulting string at the sender.
is parse like converting?
and how do i do it?

#8 FF0084

  • New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

textutils.serialize

You can easily create a table, serialize it and send it as a single string. Then call textutils.unserialize function to get the table back.

#9 W00dyR

  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostFF0084, on 20 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

textutils.serialize

You can easily create a table, serialize it and send it as a single string. Then call textutils.unserialize function to get the table back.


Another function that is usefull for this kind of stuff, is

table.concat(<table name>, " ")

Adds up all the things in the table into a single line string

#10 FF0084

  • New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostW00dyR, on 20 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Another function that is usefull for this kind of stuff, is

table.concat(<table name>, " ")

Adds up all the things in the table into a single line string

I wish you good luck with separating the concatenated strings like this. It's pointless.

#11 W00dyR

  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostFF0084, on 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I wish you good luck with separating the concatenated strings like this. It's pointless.

Im only talking about adding up all the things into a single string, not all the other stuff, couldve read what I said at least

#12 FF0084

  • New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostW00dyR, on 20 January 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostFF0084, on 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I wish you good luck with separating the concatenated strings like this. It's pointless.

Im only talking about adding up all the things into a single string, not all the other stuff, couldve read what I said at least

But this was not a problem sir. "couldve" read the original post mate.

#13 W00dyR

  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostFF0084, on 20 January 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostW00dyR, on 20 January 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostFF0084, on 20 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

I wish you good luck with separating the concatenated strings like this. It's pointless.

Im only talking about adding up all the things into a single string, not all the other stuff, couldve read what I said at least

But this was not a problem sir. "couldve" read the original post mate.

Couldve read the other posts and actually see what people are talking about.. Not here to argue so I'm not replying anymore.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users