[Question] Are there any way i can copy code into my turtle?

help media turtle

6 replies to this topic

#1 asdasdadsasdad

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Please help me

#2 mibac138

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Yes, with rednet(I think so, not sure) or floppy disk

#3 FF0084

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I see two options: either use floppy disks and disk drives to copy a file / folder to your turtle, or ... more versatile alternative, go to your minecraft folder/saves/[your world]/computer/[turtle ID]/ and you can successfully disembowel your beloved turtle there. Cheers ;)

#4 W00dyR

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

You can always use pastebin :)

If you have HTTP enabled in your config files, you can type the following in your turtle/computer:

pastebin get <id> <name you want the file to be named>

the id being the part in the pastebin link after "www.pastebin.com/"

#5 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well, you can't always use pastebin, though it's quite nice when you can.

@lassejgh it would be helpful if we knew the circumstances under which you are attempting to copy the code into the turtle. First, where is the code? Second, is the world containing the turtle a local game or on a server? Then come some more questions based on that.

Worst case, you don't actually have access to the code you want to copy, and the turtle is on a world server whose owners have perma-banned you for some reason, and they broke your turtle and threw it in lava...well, I'm going to have to say that I can't think of a useful solution to that one. But maybe your case is slightly less bad?

#6 asdasdadsasdad

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostChunLing, on 20 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well, you can't always use pastebin, though it's quite nice when you can.

@lassejgh it would be helpful if we knew the circumstances under which you are attempting to copy the code into the turtle. First, where is the code? Second, is the world containing the turtle a local game or on a server? Then come some more questions based on that.

Worst case, you don't actually have access to the code you want to copy, and the turtle is on a world server whose owners have perma-banned you for some reason, and they broke your turtle and threw it in lava...well, I'm going to have to say that I can't think of a useful solution to that one. But maybe your case is slightly less bad?

I have the code in pastebin and it's a local world

#7 ChunLing

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

For a local world, editing the files directly is pretty much the easiest option. As FF0084 stated, these files are under the saves\worldname\computer\ID (where worldname is the name of the world and ID is the numeric ID of the turtle). You can freely edit these files at any time, even while the game is running (doesn't even have to be paused) as long as no running programs actually have the file open.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users