Xuma I love your idea it matches mine!
Maybe it could be done via a irc channel

#22 xuma202

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationBonn Germany

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostLiraal, on 29 March 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

graphic is a no, but a text-only web client shouldn't be that hard. Just to get rid of all the useless metadata in website source.

Maybe not, since we have the CCGPU add-on. ;-)

#23 bugzeeolboy

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Your computer in minecraft, any computer in minecraft, has the IP address of your real computer. That means your real computer is accessing websites and handing them down to computercraft. If you made a web server out of computercraft, you would be serving a website using your real computer and would have to forward ports and your real computer will crash if too many people access it, and also there are security vulnerabilities. You need to get a real server computer and host a little dealie to accept GET and POST stuff from computers in computercraft, so it would be possible to send and receive emails, chat, and such. That is, if you want it to be on the actual internet. If you want it to work over rednet, then that would be easy, just make a program to always receive rednet connections on a loop, and if someone sends a message over rednet to ping that computer, then that computer returns a message back which has the requested file in it. That's how real web servers work, too. All you are really doing is downloading .html files temporarily to your computer when you are browsing the internet.

EDIT: Sorry I didnt know you were trying to use a real server, I thought you were talking about hosting a web server using a computercraft computer. Derp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users