←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[DISC/OpenSourced] Portable Peripherals 1....

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 20 Feb 2013

you have to open and close the pda to refresh the screen :s
backround color dosent fill spaces
any fix?
this is for 1.5 cc

mentlerd's Photo mentlerd 21 Feb 2013

Fixed, thanks for the report

Download the updated 1.0b version

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 21 Feb 2013

thanks, this mod is great :D

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 21 Feb 2013

hmm, it still wont handle background colors properly:
http://puu.sh/25IdG

mentlerd's Photo mentlerd 22 Feb 2013

I am not sure what it it supposed to do, could you provide a reference image, or explain what is expected?

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 22 Feb 2013

its supposed to look like this:
Posted Image
and not:
Posted Image

spaces dont seem to be keeping their background color :s
but then what is that space under devices?

its probably term.clear not filling background colors >_<

im also having a verry strange computer crash when running my diskplayer

i fixed the problem by editing transmit, it was clear and clearLine not keeping colors properly
i also fixed my disk player, printing things outside of the screen crashes the computer with no error :|

OmegaVest's Photo OmegaVest 22 Feb 2013

First off, I love this peripheral. I can't say why, except that it has made part of my build a bit simpler.

But, I found a few issues with it. I'm pretty sure these are small things, but one is kinda annoying. First, pullEvent works weirdly. Some pre-existing programs (such as help) don't recognize the redirect. I had to restart the base terminal to get it to do anything.

Also, terminate seems to not work yet, though I see the redirect in the code.

mentlerd's Photo mentlerd 22 Feb 2013

PixelToast, on 22 February 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

its probably term.clear not filling background colors >_<

That was it. Fixed, but I can't reproduce the crashing.

Download: PortablePeripherals 1.0c.zip
I am still not sure if it is doing the expected behavior, so could you check it please?

Edit:

OmegaVest, on 22 February 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

.. pullEvent works weirdly. Some pre-existing programs (such as help) don't recognize the redirect. I had to restart the base terminal to get it to do anything.

Also, terminate seems to not work yet, though I see the redirect in the code.

I am looking into this now. Not fixed in the test zip yet.

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 22 Feb 2013

clearing was fixed but crashing isnt, im trying to make some steps to reproduce now
having a pure black background instead of that eyehurt grey would be nice
EDIT: mouse_scroll events are reversed

Meni's Photo Meni 13 Mar 2013

Awesome mod i loved it!
But i just have a suggestion to have like private crystals, just because i wont like anyone hacking my network. And a very expensive antenna that remove the range limit would be awesome but very expensive. Just loved ur peripheral!

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 04 Apr 2013

The 'transmit' program only works in the root folder.
That is because you use the shell resolver twice (shell.run also resolves).

The easiest way to fix this is to prefix the resolved path with a slash, forcing shell.run to interpret it as an absolute path:

Add
'/'..
in front of path in the run function (line 35 in 1.0b) so it reads
shell.run( '/'..path, select( 3, ... ) )

Another way would be to use os.run, which does not resolve relative paths.

JustPingo's Photo JustPingo 04 Apr 2013

Woh ! Great peripheral !

But I have a little request.
Can you make a system to custom the crafts or change the craft of the crystal, because it's in conflict with MineChem Tubes ?

Thanks you in advance !
(maybe put sand or redstone on the right and left centers slots will be nice)

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 04 Apr 2013

pingoleon60, on 04 April 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Can you make a system to custom the crafts or change the craft of the crystal, because it's in conflict with MineChem Tubes ?
we know minechem wont change its recipe because it never updates >_>

mentlerd's Photo mentlerd 04 Apr 2013

Well, I am sorry but it appears I wont be able to work on this at all anytime soon, so I decided to opensource it:

PPeripherals_stable.zip

Devs, do whatever you want to with it, just make sure to drop my name somewhere in your credits section. :)

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 06 Apr 2013

aww, this was one of my favorite peripherals
any specific reason you cant develop it, or was it just bordem?

mentlerd's Photo mentlerd 06 Apr 2013

Well, I am going to graduate in a month, so I have to learn a lot.. And because a slight addiction to coding ( :P) I am falling behind with that.

Bubba's Photo Bubba 06 Apr 2013

I love this peripheral, so I'm really sad to see you discontinue it. Maybe you should drop college and pick this up full time instead? :P

TehSomeLuigi's Photo TehSomeLuigi 13 Apr 2013

I'll try and see if I can port this into my peripherals, since I really like this extension.

Edit: I have ported this for 1.5.1, (currently in prerelease with a bug), it's in my peripherals mod.

http://www.computerc...now-opensource/

It's been a good experience for me also, I've learnt some things when looking through here.

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 20 Apr 2013

I was going to add the frequency to the events so you can make multi-user programs basically.
But there are no compilation instructions. I don't know where to begin compiling it.

modding it without de/reobfuscation doesn't work either since classes from the default package are used.

Man, what I would give for a tool that just moves all default-package classes to a regular package and back...

Bubba's Photo Bubba 20 Apr 2013

TomyLobo, on 20 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I was going to add the frequency to the events so you can make multi-user programs basically.
But there are no compilation instructions. I don't know where to begin compiling it.

modding it without de/reobfuscation doesn't work either since classes from the default package are used.

Man, what I would give for a tool that just moves all default-package classes to a regular package and back...

Have you tried using Bearded Octo Nemesis? That deobfuscates the classes for use in Forge/MCP.