←  APIs and Utilities

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

CCDesk PR7.1.1 - CC Networked Emulation En...

AfterLifeLochie's Photo AfterLifeLochie 27 Mar 2013

CCDesk

ComputerCraft Emulation Environment

Latest: Prerelease 7.1.1 - 8th July (CC 1.53)
Next: Prerelease 7.2 (CC 1.55)

What is CCDesk?

CCDesk is a user-extendable, flexible, in-development emulation environment and development workspace for ComputerCraft. CCDesk provides support for both Computers and the native ComputerCraft peripherals and networking. Using CCDesk's open API (info soon), developers can quickly port ComputerCraft peripherals into the emulator and write tools - such as inline-wiki search, for example - into the user workspace.

The emulator supports "Networked Mode" - a TCP-driven emulator session sharing mode, allowing for a new level of shared project development. Sessions can be shared between the internal Local Area Network, or even across the internet, and a dedicated server module for server hosts is available for this purpose.

Downloads

In This Release:
Networking, woohoo! Work with your friends in a collaborative, experimental environment aross the great Internet!

Note: Please update your launcher before testing Prerelease 7.1.
Old launchers will not launch Prerelease 7 and above!

Desktop Download: Desktop Launcher v3.

Online Version: Online Version Website v3.

Reporting Issues: You can report issues with CCDesk at the BitBucket tracker. Please provide any crash screen as well as your operating system and JRE. You can also poke me in #ccdesk on irc.esper.net about issues.

FAQ
  • Q: I use a Mac - will this work for me?

Mac is officially fully supported as of PR 6.2. The latest development version of LWJGL - version 2.9.x - fixes most Mac related issues.
  • Q: I want to do x with the emulator!

It's great to hear you want to help extend the workspace! The Developer API will offer you all the tools and access you need to write and extend the emulator - you don't need to modify internal classes or "mod" the emulator's internal files.
  • Q: Is this a copy of ComputerCraft Emulator?

No. The code used to produce this emulator is completely unique - in order to have an open API, flexible code had to be written - including rendering.
FAQ
  • Q: What's your time frame on the API?

I'm unsure as of yet - the bulk of the emulator still needs work in order to offer proxy to plugins and modules. While the API is already there and in the distributed code, it's both un-finalized - you can look at it as a reference, but I make no guarantees.
  • Q: What license is this emulator under?

Due to the fact that this is an extension to ComputerCraft (because of the nature of the emulator's function), the emulator will remain closed-source. The public portions of the emulator, and the API itself, will be provided through friendly interfaces which represent actual classes which should be accessed by your code. If you want to do something outside the bounds, PM me - I don't bite. You're most welcome to decompile and poke around and learn how the emulator functions internally - sharing knowledge is caring!
You love my HTML posts. No cats were stuffed down tubes to make this markup.

lieudusty's Photo lieudusty 27 Mar 2013

Shiny looking!

Sammich Lord's Photo Sammich Lord 27 Mar 2013

Your cheating HTML posts :P

Engineer's Photo Engineer 27 Mar 2013

Holy badoodles. This looks awesome!

Bubba's Photo Bubba 27 Mar 2013

Looks like thomas' monopoly on the CC emulator market is over. I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the API :)

Nice job!

View PostBubba, on 27 March 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for the API!
The API will allow you to write and alter the emulator internally (something like Forge does) and safely - you'll have access to rendering support, world ticking support, windows, computers and peripherals and user input. For the moment, the API is pretty rudimentary, but that will more than likely change in the next few releases where I'll add native CC peripherals and networking.

yaaay's Photo yaaay 27 Mar 2013

Is this closed source since i wanna code one for mobiles

View Postyaaay, on 27 March 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Is this closed source since i wanna code one for mobiles
Yes, this is closed source, although porting to mobile devices is on my todo-list.

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 27 Mar 2013

I must say, this seems like it is going to be very, very, good! I cant wait for a desktop version :D and I love the html post. never even thought about doing it :P

Shnupbups's Photo Shnupbups 27 Mar 2013

This may sound stupid, but where is the link to Prerelease 1 of the Web Applet?

View PostShnupbups100, on 27 March 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

This may sound stupid, but where is the link to Prerelease 1 of the Web Applet?
In the "Downloads" section. there is a link in the text.

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 27 Mar 2013

Looks really epic Lochie, looking forward to a mobile version! I presume Android only though?

I reallyyyy hope the desktop version works on Mac... I sadly can't get the web version working for me on my Mac :(
Here's the crash report if you need it:
Spoiler
Nice HTML post too :P

View PostGravityScore, on 27 March 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

WOW! I couldn't even get the crash report to come up :P

View PostGravityScore, on 27 March 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Looks really epic Lochie, looking forward to a mobile version! I presume Android only though?

I reallyyyy hope the desktop version works on Mac... I sadly can't get the web version working for me on my Mac :(
Spoiler
Nice HTML post too :P

I'm hoping to fix this exception (and most Mac issues) by updating the distributed LWJGL to 2.9.0 - which is a developer release, but appears to fix the issues. There are some OpenGL related issues on Fedora (and possibly other unix-like systems) which will also be fixed, hopefully.

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 27 Mar 2013

Of course, it's brilliant. Expected no less, received no less. Look forward to seeing this as it comes along. :)

Cranium's Photo Cranium 28 Mar 2013

I'll be looking forward to great things coming on this. I don't see myself mucking about with the API that much, so anything will do as long as I can run this at my work computer. That's the only reason I want web emulators, is so I can run code at work.

superaxander's Photo superaxander 28 Mar 2013

This is just cool!

AfterLifeLochie's Photo AfterLifeLochie 28 Mar 2013

PR2 should be out hopefully this weekend - with a much better launcher (pic) and fixed HTTP support (pic). Hoping to fix some more rendering quirks too (pic, red characters are mine and white are the correct places they should be), and get Mac users up and running.

FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)'s Photo FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) 28 Mar 2013

I posted a bug...

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 28 Mar 2013

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 28 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

PR2 should be out hopefully this weekend - with a much better launcher (pic) and fixed HTTP support (pic). Hoping to fix some more rendering quirks too (pic, red characters are mine and white are the correct places they should be), and get Mac users up and running.
Cool cool.... 2 questions with the "Start Computer". can I press enter in the ID box and it close the form? Can I use labels in the id field and it resolve to an id if the label is in labels.txt?