←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[1.4.7] [CC 1.481] CCNoise - generate cust...

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 01 May 2013

Purpose:
Adds a speaker peripheral that can generate sounds given a formula and also play any minecraft sound.

Download:
0.0.4c (Beta)

Video:
Spoiler

Interface:
Spoiler

Config:
Spoiler

Credits:
- Texture by MrFaul
- build.xml taken from OpenCCSensors
- tiny bits and pieces as well as some concepts from PortablePeripherals by mentlerd

Changelog:
Spoiler

Known issues:
- Sound names cannot end in a digit.
- In SMP, generated sounds might not be unloaded on the client after a computer reboots.
- Other players get jumpy when I run my ghast sound simulator.
- The speaker block has two front sides when dropped to the floor as an item.
- CCNoise does not behave well when the sound is set to 0%. If you connect to a server that has generated sounds loaded, the client crashes.

Source:
The source code is available at https://github.com/TomyLobo/ccnoise under the LGPLv3 (until someone makes a valid case for another license)
Edited by TomyLobo, 09 November 2020 - 11:34 PM.

sci4me's Photo sci4me 01 May 2013

cool!

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 02 May 2013

0.0.4 (Beta)
- Clamped output to -1..1.
- The sawtooth function's output is now 0..1 instead of -1..1.

0.0.4a (Beta)
- No longer crashing everyone who is out of range or in another dimension when generating a sound.

CCNoise does not behave well when the sound is set to 0%. If you connect to a server that has generated sounds loaded, the client crashes.

Seriously, Mojang, wtf?

0.0.4b (Beta)
- Fixed sound playing in the nether.

0.0.4c (Beta)
- REALLY fixed sound playing in the nether this time.

Tiin57's Photo Tiin57 02 May 2013

This is pretty cool. +1.

TecmagDiams's Photo TecmagDiams 02 May 2013

Looks awesome! Would love to see a screenshot of what the speaker looks like, and a CCDesk plugin for it, but I can't wait to try it out and mess around with it!

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 03 May 2013

CCDesk? the HTTP server thingie?

I made a demonstration video btw:

immibis's Photo immibis 03 May 2013

CCDesk is a CC emulator.

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 04 May 2013

and people emulate their programs end-to-end in that?

I'm asking because if they don't, I don't see much point in doing a minor detail like sound output in CCDesk.
I'd also need to write sound output from scratch, which seems like a huge waste of time for such a tiny benefit.

Sure, I guess I could make a peripheral that just has the interface and does nothing

TecmagDiams's Photo TecmagDiams 04 May 2013

By no means do I think you need to push to make a CCDesk plugin, but it's just a nice extra to have. I personally enjoy emulators, because if I'm working from a computer that isn't mine, I can still boot up my GoogleDrive and an emulator like CCDesk (because of it's online version) and keep coding things for my server. It's also nice because if I wanted to play around with a peripheral, without actually adding it to my server, I could see how the peripheral works and then add it to my server if I've coded some really fun stuff with it, that I could really put to use.

And yes, people can emulate programs end-to-end. I usually like to use an emulator like CCDesk while working on programs that have little physical effect on my world.

If you get around to adding support for it, or finding someone that would for you, really think about it. If it's not something you have much desire to do, or don't want to put the work in, that's really no issue, it looks like you already have something great going. ^.^

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 04 May 2013

You can use MagicLauncher to run minecraft from any folder you want. (the path needs to end in .../.minecraft though, but that can be anywhere)

xuma202's Photo xuma202 09 May 2013

The link is down.

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 10 May 2013

View Postxuma202, on 09 May 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

The link is down.
The link is back up

Sorry for not replying earlier. I only just found out that email notifications are off by default.

xuma202's Photo xuma202 11 May 2013

View PostTomyLobo, on 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postxuma202, on 09 May 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

The link is down.
The link is back up

Sorry for not replying earlier. I only just found out that email notifications are off by default.

No problem, I was able to build it myself but I thought of the others too.

Zudo's Photo Zudo 06 Jul 2013

This looks nice!

When ComputerCraft for 1.6 comes out, there will be no need to play Minecraft sounds with this as you can do that with command blocks:
/playsound random.chestopen @p

TomyLobo's Photo TomyLobo 06 Jul 2013

View PostZudoHackz, on 06 July 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

This looks nice!

When ComputerCraft for 1.6 comes out, there will be no need to play Minecraft sounds with this as you can do that with command blocks:
/playsound random.chestopen @p
That's only a tiny part of the functionality of this mod.
The major part is the generation of custom sounds.
But thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this command :)

Win7yes's Photo Win7yes 14 May 2014

Can you update to CC 1.63?