←  Media

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Huge banking system

romrom000's Photo romrom000 15 Apr 2012

Hello Everybody !

First, let me introduce myself; i'm a Belgian player of Mineraft for... ho, a long time! And for a few months i'm using CC!

I'm also administrator on a server using CC (and others like RP2, IC2, ...)

Why i'm posting here today is to show you my project:

The HBS: The Huge Banking System

The Huge Banking System is a complete network made of terminals (ATM), DNS servers, action servers, and database servers.
You'll be able to go to an ATM with you card (floppy) or with just a code (don't know yet) and withdraw money from your bank account.

The system is very secure because none of the terminals have any information/permissions on bank accounts: only databases servers have the information's, and only action servers may work on databases !

To be more secure, all equipment are doubled or tripled like this drawing:

Posted Image

As you can see, it's very secure !

Right now, i'm building the DATA-CENTER and all his other's building...

Tell me if you are interested in, if you are, i'll publish picture often of the project and all the programs required :)/>

I forgot one point very important:

Each people having a shop on the server may have a terminal in the shop like VISA/Mastercard for paying without having money in your pocket :)/>

All operations are logged :)/>

xuma202's Photo xuma202 15 Apr 2012

And when someone destroys your DATA STAGE?

The Data center is made of reinforced stone (IC2) so TNT-proof and all room's are protected by door computer-controlled.

And finally, there is a backup-room 50 meters under the data-center, which is tnt- and nuke resistant :)/>

1v2's Photo 1v2 15 Apr 2012

Ziet er dope uit ;D
Op welke server speel je?

Cloudy's Photo Cloudy 15 Apr 2012

I think the idea is a neat one - but I do think you are somewhat complicating things in a ComputerCraft scenario. Multiple data storage servers, sure - I can get behind that. But it really doesn't make sense to have the Action Server and Firewall Server steps in between.

Het is een locaal server, maar ik zoe willen en public server maken :)/>
(sorry voor mijn bad neederlands, maar het niet mijn eerst taal is)

@Cloudy, i just want to make it more realistic by doing that (im IT Engineer :)/> )

DarkNinja2462's Photo DarkNinja2462 15 Apr 2012

Can I join the server?
What is the ip?
As you can tell by my signature, I need a server to play on.

1v2's Photo 1v2 15 Apr 2012

Oke haha, geen probleem ;d. Je kan ook gewoon antwoorden in 't Frans antwoorden.
Als je de server public maakt zou je mij dat dan willen laten weten?Dat zou echt tof zijn ;D

cant_delete_account's Photo cant_delete_account 15 Apr 2012

I'm actually working on something like this, it's almost done. Probably gonna be lots of bugs. But it's not as realistic as yours, of course. xD

coolblockj's Photo coolblockj 15 Apr 2012

I would like to join this server also.

EmTeaKay's Photo EmTeaKay 16 Apr 2012

I would love to join this server! IGN: EmptyK

romrom000's Photo romrom000 17 Apr 2012

Hey everybody!

I'll try to put it online as soon as possible (i'm student, so need to find the money to do that ! )

I'll give you some pictures, soon...

Wolvan's Photo Wolvan 17 Apr 2012

I want to help!
IGN: Wolvan
PS: I'm pretty good with rednet

Kolpa's Photo Kolpa 17 Apr 2012

View Postcoolblockj, on 15 April 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

:)/> translated ur sig -.- hoped for more :)/>

View PostKolpa, on 17 April 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

View Postcoolblockj, on 15 April 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

:)/> translated ur sig -.- hoped for more :)/>
You can translate mine :)/>

BigSHinyToys's Photo BigSHinyToys 17 Apr 2012

Really looking ford to the challenge of hacking your ATM system.

Please let me help! I am good at such logical firewall stuff and coding in general. Look at my Tag: "Pro Coder"

strideynet's Photo strideynet 18 Apr 2012

I want to help this interests project netblock alot I can offer services of my programmers (wolvan included)
I have another 4 or so we can help improve firewalls from spam attacks I think floppy idea is best.
On the floppy a file called Number would exist that's ur account number then u enter ur pin.

strideynet's Photo strideynet 18 Apr 2012

You see we already have routers and and stuff and I would like to ask u to join our project a bank system would be lovely as we are making a Internet so it would be much easier for u not having to lay routers around ur server we would love you to be a additional member .:)/>
And we the begun the router bit the hardest bit as trees aren't simple and routing maps. As you said your a it Engineer and it would help with our network with bits we ain't sure on its support to be a Internet but its a hybrid between decentralized (internet)and centralised(intranet).so it's not technically a Internet as it has got a master server.