←  Media

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Huge banking system

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 18 Apr 2012

We're planning to code internet, but make some things different/better. As strideynet said, we already have a few awesome coders like Wolvan, nitrogenfingers, 1v2f3a4m5e6n and coolblockj, but the bigger and more advanced our team is, the better our project will become. We would appreciate if you join us. :)/>

nolongerexistant's Photo nolongerexistant 22 Apr 2012

Damn this project looks awesome! Would love to help with this

LipJ's Photo LipJ 22 Apr 2012

Omg I just spent 3 days (or more) makeing a slightly more simplistic version (no firewalls) but each disk contains a file with key and clients send requests with pin and the 12 digit card I'd and the server uses a file browseing systom to check the data it's fairly stable and i think it would give you a start to work from (it could save you a lot of time. If possible could I help in this project and then use it on my server. The thing with my systom is its more complicated because it uses items as money and turtles will fly around with gps toping us cashpoints.

Sorry for lack of punctuation/spelling (I'm dispraxic)

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 23 Apr 2012

View PostLipJ, on 22 April 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Omg I just spent 3 days (or more) makeing a slightly more simplistic version (no firewalls) but each disk contains a file with key and clients send requests with pin and the 12 digit card I'd and the server uses a file browseing systom to check the data it's fairly stable and i think it would give you a start to work from (it could save you a lot of time. If possible could I help in this project and then use it on my server. The thing with my systom is its more complicated because it uses items as money and turtles will fly around with gps toping us cashpoints.

Sorry for lack of punctuation/spelling (I'm dispraxic)
A system using items as payment? I already have a system making that possible on my server. It uses redpower and can filter the items.

If you want to join our project visit Project Netblock and PM me for server access.

LipJ's Photo LipJ 23 Apr 2012

My system uses vertual money and stores user info in files. It just uses ATMs and items as a meathod of payment (but not neserseraly) it makes player-player trades easyer. With the amount of hassle it caused probably not worth the faf of turtle toping up ATMs with gps as I could of made the hole thing vertual. Next time I'm not bothering.

strideynet's Photo strideynet 24 Apr 2012

You can use it on your server if u want !

strideynet's Photo strideynet 24 Apr 2012

Hmm some sort of physical items would help.even though most money these days is virtual some places still only take coins

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 24 Apr 2012

Yes, but to get virtual money you have to put anything in. For HaxOS, we planned to use diamond as non-virtual current and use it to transform into items eg. for the farm systems to generated bonemeal. (thanks to evil_dan2wik for the farm idea and system)
We'll have an energy condenser converting diamonds and any excess materials from the farm into bonemeal to fertilize the plants.

LipJ's Photo LipJ 24 Apr 2012

That's what Im doing just with nicolite.

BigSHinyToys's Photo BigSHinyToys 24 Apr 2012

I if I was to make a banking system then I would have it set up so that the virtual money is backed by gold and diamonds. The reserve bank would be in charge of "printing Digital money" and its value would be measured against the amount of gold and diamonds stored in the vault.To simplify gold would be bought from people by the bank and then used as collateral. More or less how it is done in reality.

There would also be commodity market and prices of minerals could be displayed on a stock ticker (monitors that wrap test around).

Rwkeith's Photo Rwkeith 26 Apr 2012

*Creates fake looking atm* Person inserts disk thinking it's a regular atm.......

........Profit?

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 26 Apr 2012

View PostBigSHinyToys, on 24 April 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I if I was to make a banking system then I would have it set up so that the virtual money is backed by gold and diamonds. The reserve bank would be in charge of "printing Digital money" and its value would be measured against the amount of gold and diamonds stored in the vault.To simplify gold would be bought from people by the bank and then used as collateral. More or less how it is done in reality.

There would also be commodity market and prices of minerals could be displayed on a stock ticker (monitors that wrap test around).
That's one of the things I'm planning to get on my server HaxOS. I'm looking forward to tekkit including monitors.

johnbanq's Photo johnbanq 13 May 2012

oh,nice!
someone is doing what i am thinking about!
i am a newbie programmer,but i think i could help!
IGN:johnbanq

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 13 May 2012

Please keep that talk on the Project Netblock page of this forum, otherwise it' would get really difficult to have an overview about all our members.

Thank you for the application, you are now unofficially a member of project netblock! (Apply on the main thread for official membership)

strideynet's Photo strideynet 28 May 2012

Unpfficaily no fair on him! He's official alright

tfoote's Photo tfoote 09 Jun 2012

View Postromrom000, on 15 April 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Hello Everybody !

First, let me introduce myself; i'm a Belgian player of Mineraft for... ho, a long time! And for a few months i'm using CC!

I'm also administrator on a server using CC (and others like RP2, IC2, ...)

Why i'm posting here today is to show you my project:

The HBS: The Huge Banking System

The Huge Banking System is a complete network made of terminals (ATM), DNS servers, action servers, and database servers.
You'll be able to go to an ATM with you card (floppy) or with just a code (don't know yet) and withdraw money from your bank account.

The system is very secure because none of the terminals have any information/permissions on bank accounts: only databases servers have the information's, and only action servers may work on databases !

To be more secure, all equipment are doubled or tripled like this drawing:

Posted Image

As you can see, it's very secure !

Right now, i'm building the DATA-CENTER and all his other's building...

Tell me if you are interested in, if you are, i'll publish picture often of the project and all the programs required :)/>
I personally think it is genius... Can you post your sourse code? I think this would be a great asset to me. if you don't want to post the code could you e-mail me?

Learning_inpaired's Photo Learning_inpaired 11 Jun 2012

you should make this with with RL server plugins :(/>

Leo Verto's Photo Leo Verto 11 Jun 2012

View Postwoodzykiler, on 11 June 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

you should make this with with RL server plugins :(/>
Server plugins.... man, what's the point of CC? You could do anything with server plugins!

But why do you think didn't I install CraftBook on my server and make gates by hand instead, although this is a lot more work?

Kolpa's Photo Kolpa 28 Jun 2012

View Posttfoote, on 09 June 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

View Postromrom000, on 15 April 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Hello Everybody !

First, let me introduce myself; i'm a Belgian player of Mineraft for... ho, a long time! And for a few months i'm using CC!

I'm also administrator on a server using CC (and others like RP2, IC2, ...)

Why i'm posting here today is to show you my project:

The HBS: The Huge Banking System

The Huge Banking System is a complete network made of terminals (ATM), DNS servers, action servers, and database servers.
You'll be able to go to an ATM with you card (floppy) or with just a code (don't know yet) and withdraw money from your bank account.

The system is very secure because none of the terminals have any information/permissions on bank accounts: only databases servers have the information's, and only action servers may work on databases !

To be more secure, all equipment are doubled or tripled like this drawing:

Posted Image

As you can see, it's very secure !

Right now, i'm building the DATA-CENTER and all his other's building...

Tell me if you are interested in, if you are, i'll publish picture often of the project and all the programs required :P/>
I personally think it is genius... Can you post your sourse code? I think this would be a great asset to me. if you don't want to post the code could you e-mail me?
yeah better post/email the code of ur security program so that we all can dig for bypasses great idea ...

djblocksaway's Photo djblocksaway 12 Jul 2012

View PostDarkNinja2462, on 15 April 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Can I join the server?
What is the ip?
As you can tell by my signature, I need a server to play on.

you can always join mine. :)/>

ccnet.ddns.me:25564