←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 29 May 2013

Started listing all the methods on the first post in this thread.

Only started, still a lot of mods to do!

Also need to clean up the block names to make it clearer what they are (and remove irrelevant ones)

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 29 May 2013

Another massive update to the mod support list. More to come!

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 30 May 2013

I've been doing some engine upgrades the past couple of days. Starting to become REALLY powerful..

I'll commit updates soon and release the new engine. The old engine is fully compatible, you'll just be missing one or two methods.

I've had some mod authors interested in adding stuff especially for OpenPeripheral now, which is really great! The less hacky stuff I have to do to access various things the better.

Quite excited ;)

gknova61's Photo gknova61 02 Jun 2013

Can you add support for the ChickenChunks loader? The problem with it is that it can't be toggled by a redstone signal so I have an Online Player Detector going to a turtle which breaks the Chunk Loader when I leave and replaces it when I join. The problem with this is that when the turtle places the loader, it can't set the radius or the shape of the loader so you need to go with default settings since my player can't modify it since the turtle placed it. The methods for the loader would be something like:

setRadius(int)
setShape(int) - 1 or 2 with 1 being square and 2 being circle

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 02 Jun 2013

gknova61, on 02 June 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

Can you add support for the ChickenChunks loader? The problem with it is that it can't be toggled by a redstone signal so I have an Online Player Detector going to a turtle which breaks the Chunk Loader when I leave and replaces it when I join. The problem with this is that when the turtle places the loader, it can't set the radius or the shape of the loader so you need to go with default settings since my player can't modify it since the turtle placed it. The methods for the loader would be something like:

setRadius(int)
setShape(int) - 1 or 2 with 1 being square and 2 being circle

I'll try get this added in today or tomorrow :) It'll require the new engine though, which I'm releasing in the next couple of days

Still just a concept. Needs a lot of work. Probably wont make it into the upcoming release.

Jappards's Photo Jappards 02 Jun 2013

if you are going to add blocks and items then:
here is something i want in a very long time: a computercraft module for steve`s carts (allows you to disable modules) with the steve`s carts API and a rednet upgrade that allows you to interact with other computers that aren`t in the network.

Cain's Photo Cain 02 Jun 2013

I really like this, I will add it soon.

gknova61's Photo gknova61 02 Jun 2013

Mikeemoo, on 02 June 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Still just a concept. Needs a lot of work. Probably wont make it into the upcoming release.
That looks amazing :o

Lordmau5's Photo Lordmau5 03 Jun 2013

You don't know how f*cking much I want this now... ^^

Awesome work, Mikee :)

Tiin57's Photo Tiin57 03 Jun 2013

By the way, Mikee has committed the glasses to https://github.com/m.../OpenPeripheral
Not sure how operational they are, but they're there.

kaj's Photo kaj 03 Jun 2013

looks amazing. very much looking forward to having a play :)

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 03 Jun 2013

Edit: moved to the front page

Updated the preview link with a version that now allows chat commands.

If you're wearing the glasses ,and they're linked to a machine, you can do:

$$whatever command you want here

in the computer attached to your glasses peripheral bridge, it'll fire a "chat_command" event

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 03 Jun 2013

I may or may not have to write an nsh interface for these. Chat commands could well be glorious.

If anyones not able to call the methods, try deleting /config/OpenPeripheral_methods.json and relaunch the client.

Updated the preview link.

Changed the way changes and deletions are processed. It should work a bit better now.

AmandaC's Photo AmandaC 03 Jun 2013

Any hints on how the getTanks() function works? =^.^;=

I've found so far that it simply returns a table, what that table is supposed to contain, I have no clue. :P

Fenthis's Photo Fenthis 03 Jun 2013

Don't suppose there is any plan to make a 1.4.7 (which FTB is still on) version? Also add my vote for a server-side only version as an option. FTB makes custom client-side mods kinda an annoyance to the users. :/