ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[mc 1.6.x] Openperipheral

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 29 Jul 2013

For the very latest few releases of MPS, use this build;

https://dl.dropboxus...eral-0.1.11.jar

which just disables the MPS integration

Kye_Duo's Photo Kye_Duo 31 Jul 2013

Do you think you could create a wireless periph? not one that can attach to any periph like the other wireless periph mod but an Tx/Rx pair. One that would allow for wireless sensors (or other periphs) without worrying, too much, about people using it to hack into other peoples setups.

sjonky's Photo sjonky 31 Jul 2013

Could you add the ability to get information about the server, like usernames of the players currently online, how many slots there are, MOTD. Stuff like that? Reason why is because it would be cool to have a program see if im online, and if not turn off some of the stuff i dont need to have running in my base.

Davered00's Photo Davered00 31 Jul 2013

Some extra functionality suggestions for the Terminal Glasses and its bridge:
  • Can you add methods for reading player info, such as health, hunger, and coordinates? I don't know if another peripheral mod currently does this.
  • Can you create an advanced PIM-type device that is always linked with the player inventory? I know I personally would love to be able to constantly pull out ores and resupply torches directly to my inventory, while mining, for instance.
  • Can you possibly add some sort of player teleport device that works like the command block commands? Maybe have it require fuel or something to operate, based on the teleport distance? Although this might start to be overpowered, I would love to be able to use Terminal Glasses commands to recall home, on the fly.

rawritsdan's Photo rawritsdan 31 Jul 2013

PixelToast, on 28 July 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

rawritsdan, on 28 July 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Does anybody know what the size I should set the terminal glasses box to so it will just cover the screen?
it depends on the client's windows :(
Damn! Found out my size by trial and error...

Jappards's Photo Jappards 01 Aug 2013

what about when you wrap the ME controller that it gives you access to all peripherals in the entire ME network?
so you can do like:
Spoiler
you would also be able to do Con.MEchest.1.getInvName().
It would be really powerfull and hard to code thought, and you wouldn`t need any networking cable and wired modems.

macdude's Photo macdude 01 Aug 2013

Mikeemoo, on 25 July 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

macdude, on 25 July 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I get an error when trying to install/run the mod like the following:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: argo.jdom.JsonNode.getFieldList()Ljava/util/List;
	at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonMethod.<init>(DefinitionJsonMethod.java:79)
	at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonClass.<init>(DefinitionJsonClass.java:29)
	at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonMod.<init>(DefinitionJsonMod.java:25)
	at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionManager.load(DefinitionManager.java:26)
	at openperipheral.OpenPeripheral.init(OpenPeripheral.java:167)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)

Are you trying to install a 1.5.2 mod on 1.6.2 minecraft?

Nope it is definitely 1.5.2 with a ftbserver.jar file.

KaoS's Photo KaoS 01 Aug 2013

I don't think it's meant to be used in SMP. Odds are I'm wrong though, too tired to think

rawritsdan's Photo rawritsdan 01 Aug 2013

Is there currently a way to send commands directly to the player? I know you can populate a table with users already.

KaoS, on 01 August 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

I don't think it's meant to be used in SMP. Odds are I'm wrong though, too tired to think

Why might that make a difference?

KaoS's Photo KaoS 01 Aug 2013

uh ftbserver==SMP right?

KaoS, on 01 August 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

uh ftbserver==SMP right?

Yes it is indeed multiplayer but OpenPeripheral works on servers does it not?

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 01 Aug 2013

OpenPeripheral both SMP and SSP

Mikeemoo, on 01 August 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

OpenPeripheral both SMP and SSP

I thought so. Any ideas what might cause the error?

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: argo.jdom.JsonNode.getFieldList()Ljava/util/List;
        at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonMethod.<init>(DefinitionJsonMethod.java:79)
        at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonClass.<init>(DefinitionJsonClass.java:29)
        at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionJsonMod.<init>(DefinitionJsonMod.java:25)
        at openperipheral.common.definition.DefinitionManager.load(DefinitionManager.java:26)
        at openperipheral.OpenPeripheral.init(OpenPeripheral.java:167)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)

Mikeemoo's Photo Mikeemoo 01 Aug 2013

Are you actually running an FTB pack?

argo.jdom.JsonNode is distributed with forge/fml, and used by then I believe.

Can you tell me exactly which version of forge and which version of OpenPeripheral you're using?

Mikeemoo, on 01 August 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Are you actually running an FTB pack?

argo.jdom.JsonNode is distributed with forge/fml, and used by then I believe.

Can you tell me exactly which version of forge and which version of OpenPeripheral you're using?

Yes most recent ftb server pack, forge:

Forge Mod Loader version 5.2.23.737 for Minecraft 1.5.2

and OpenPeripheral 0.1.9.

btbenedi's Photo btbenedi 01 Aug 2013

I saw in another thread that a bug with Command Blocks was mentioned where peripheral.getMethods(side) was returning "listMethods" instead of "getCommand,setCommand,runCommand" and you (edit: Mikeemo) noted that it would be fixed the in the next release. We are currently running 0.1.9 and this bug exists.

The next release, 0.2.0, after you mentioned this, went from minecraft version 1.5 to 1.6.

Since FTB is using OP and will be 1.5 for a little bit, is it possible to get a release that is 1.5.2 compatible that contains this fix? It would be greatly appreciated since the server I am an Admin on is switching from FTB Ultimate to FTB Unleashed, we would love to include OP obviously (I mean Glass?! seriously, that's epic) and we would hate to exclude OP just for this little bug.

We are planning on using command blocks as proximity sensors on the server using a dynamic /testfor command.

a1fonzo's Photo a1fonzo 01 Aug 2013

Is there a way to specify the priority of a layer (ex you have two boxes on top of one another and you want one to always be on top of another)? With my current program it switches every second or so, not sure if this is a bug, coding error, or if there is actually a way to do what I want.

KaoS's Photo KaoS 02 Aug 2013

a1fonzo, on 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Is there a way to specify the priority of a layer (ex you have two boxes on top of one another and you want one to always be on top of another)? With my current program it switches every second or so, not sure if this is a bug, coding error, or if there is actually a way to do what I want.
box.setZIndex(zindex)

a1fonzo's Photo a1fonzo 02 Aug 2013

KaoS, on 02 August 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

box.setZIndex(zindex)

Ah, ok thank you