←  Wiki Discussion

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Watchlist e-mail notification

Hawk777's Photo Hawk777 28 May 2013

Wikipedia and the IndustrialCraft wiki both have “Email me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed” options (or similar wording) at the bottom of the “User Profile” tab of the preferences area. CCWiki does not. Any chance it could be turned on? Polling CCWiki just to check if any watched pages have changed is annoying!

PixelToast's Photo PixelToast 29 May 2013

watch CCWiki on #computercraft instead of refresh

Hawk777's Photo Hawk777 29 May 2013

I could do that, though CCWiki shows all recent changes rather than only changes to pages on my watchlist. Also I don’t know if it shows changes to talk pages?

AfterLifeLochie's Photo AfterLifeLochie 06 Jun 2013

Hawk777, on 29 May 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I could do that, though CCWiki shows all recent changes rather than only changes to pages on my watchlist. Also I don’t know if it shows changes to talk pages?
<CCWiki> CCWiki MK-II by AfterLifeLochie: use `subscribe` to recieve PM's for given events, use `unsubscribe` to remove events, use `list-subscriptions` to list your subscriptions.
<CCWiki> To get a list of events, use `list-events`. There are no other user-configureable options (yet!).

This may help you.

Hawk777's Photo Hawk777 16 Jun 2013

Lochie, that looks good, but I’m not sure about the syntax. Does the subscribe command take two parameters, the first being the event type and the second being a page name to watch, or how does it work?

AfterLifeLochie's Photo AfterLifeLochie 16 Jun 2013

Hawk777, on 16 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Lochie, that looks good, but I’m not sure about the syntax. Does the subscribe command take two parameters, the first being the event type and the second being a page name to watch, or how does it work?
No, each parameter is an event in a zone on the wiki - you can't watch individual pages.