←  Games

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Gold Runner

jesusthekiller's Photo jesusthekiller 06 Jun 2013

Wow! Awesome!
Quote

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 08 Jun 2013

I've added an in-game level editor to Gold Runner, to make design a bit easier:

Posted Image


It's quite useful now- you can jump into a level you're making, then try it out, if it doesn't work go back and make more changes. The interface works really nicely and encourages iterative development.

A few bugs have appeared I'm in the process of ironing out.

This has been a lot of fun, and though it's yet to receive much comment I've especially enjoyed playing around with the AI and pushing the limits of their particular method, so I put up a video on my channel demonstrating that stuff. I've enjoyed making this game and I hope you guys have enjoyed playing it :)

Edit: The video just went live, so you can check it out here if yuo like:
Edited by nitrogenfingers, 08 June 2013 - 11:18 AM.
Quote

M4sh3dP0t4t03's Photo M4sh3dP0t4t03 09 Jun 2013

I like the video you made. And dan200 tweeted about it.
Quote

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 09 Jun 2013

View PostKingOfNoobs, on 09 June 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

I like the video you made. And dan200 tweeted about it.

That made my day :D

I've made one last change to the executable. I found this website this afternoon and quickly made a converter to change those files into ones compatible with my own rendition. Unfortunately most of the links are broken, but I was able to get the first 17 levels of both the original and championship edition of Lode Runner, and will add the rest if/when I can track them down. In total now, the game has about 45 levels, which is pretty good.

The size for those levels was actually 28x16, compared to my 49x18 so I've had to scale them to fit the screen, but nevertheless they look good and play very well:

Apple ][:


Posted Image


ComputerCraft:


Posted Image


That's it I think. I've had a lot of fun making this but I've added all the features I think it needs and a lot of levels. If you guys want to make more send them to me and I'll post them but I think I'm done with this one.

It was a lot of fun to make, and I think the end product is really good :) Thanks for reading!
Quote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 09 Jun 2013

Wow that looks brilliant! Nice work, as always, nitro!
Quote

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 09 Jun 2013

Wow, really cool nitro! Amazing fun - even if I do suck at it :P

I love the idea behind finding an old game for a (compared to today's standards) simple old console/system, and turning it into something for ComputerCraft - it works really well. I love how you've emulated the original levels from the game. :)
Quote

ETHANATOR360's Photo ETHANATOR360 09 Jun 2013

View Postnitrogenfingers, on 09 June 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

View PostKingOfNoobs, on 09 June 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

I like the video you made. And dan200 tweeted about it.

That made my day :D

I've made one last change to the executable. I found this website this afternoon and quickly made a converter to change those files into ones compatible with my own rendition. Unfortunately most of the links are broken, but I was able to get the first 17 levels of both the original and championship edition of Lode Runner, and will add the rest if/when I can track them down. In total now, the game has about 45 levels, which is pretty good.

The size for those levels was actually 28x16, compared to my 49x18 so I've had to scale them to fit the screen, but nevertheless they look good and play very well:

Apple ][:


Posted Image


ComputerCraft:


Posted Image


That's it I think. I've had a lot of fun making this but I've added all the features I think it needs and a lot of levels. If you guys want to make more send them to me and I'll post them but I think I'm done with this one.

It was a lot of fun to make, and I think the end product is really good :) Thanks for reading!
you are too good at what you do :P +1
Quote

SkiterBR's Photo SkiterBR 04 Aug 2013

how can i install it?
Quote

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 04 Aug 2013

View PostSkiterBR, on 04 August 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

how can i install it?

pastebin get YRFeS0G3 grinstall
grinstall
Quote

MulticolouredMarshmellow's Photo MulticolouredMarshmellow 01 Sep 2013

+1 Happy customer
Quote

neptune12100's Photo neptune12100 08 Nov 2013

oh my god. You deserve more than diamonds. You get gold-pressed latinum.
Posted Image
Quote

illegalwaffles's Photo illegalwaffles 01 Dec 2013

I logged in for the first time in almost a year to say:

I found a CC floppy in a mine shaft chest cart with this on it, Googled it, and now I'm logging in to say this is awesome. :D
Quote

secret1timb7's Photo secret1timb7 02 Dec 2013

How does my game have more views then this? this is way better o_O
Quote

axel.codeFail()'s Photo axel.codeFail() 18 Apr 2014

When I try to run this, I get:

[string "GoldRunner"] : 1263 : '=' expected near 'goldrunner'
Quote

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 23 Apr 2014

View Postaxel.codeFail(), on 18 April 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

When I try to run this, I get:

[string "GoldRunner"] : 1263 : '=' expected near 'goldrunner'
I don't think you'll get any help from NF anytime soon, seems he's not been browsing the forums in a while :P
But when viewing that line in the code it seems to error when you're browsing the levels or something right?
Edited by TheOddByte, 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM.
Quote

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 28 Apr 2014

View PostTheOddByte, on 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

View Postaxel.codeFail(), on 18 April 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

When I try to run this, I get:

[string "GoldRunner"] : 1263 : '=' expected near 'goldrunner'
I don't think you'll get any help from NF anytime soon, seems he's not been browsing the forums in a while :P
But when viewing that line in the code it seems to error when you're browsing the levels or something right?

I don't think this is a code error. The line you quoted in my copy of the source doesn't have the string goldrunner anywhere. Is this being run from a script or are you just typing GoldRunner into the shell and getting this problem?

I still pop by from time to time, just don't have much to contribute to the community these days.
Quote