←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

There will be advanced turtles!

M4sh3dP0t4t03's Photo M4sh3dP0t4t03 18 Jun 2013

http://imgur.com/a0uEjYL
Dan200 tweeted this a few minutes ago!

Kingdaro's Photo Kingdaro 18 Jun 2013

Well, it was probably gonna be here eventually. I suppose clickable, colored interfaces on turtles are gonna be pretty nice.

Nitro's 3D printer would work pretty well with this, I bet.

Geforce Fan's Photo Geforce Fan 18 Jun 2013

I've always wanted to replace my computer with a turtle. I hope the advanced turtles have UIs as big as normal computers! Then there'll be no need for a computer, because a turtle does BOTH! :3

Mackan90096's Photo Mackan90096 18 Jun 2013

YES!!! Finally!!

lieudusty's Photo lieudusty 19 Jun 2013

Awesome! :D

Zudo's Photo Zudo 19 Jun 2013

yay!

Tjakka5's Photo Tjakka5 19 Jun 2013

View PostKingdaro, on 18 June 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well, it was probably gonna be here eventually. I suppose clickable, colored interfaces on turtles are gonna be pretty nice.

Maybe it would also be more efficient with fuel?

Engineer's Photo Engineer 19 Jun 2013

Why would that make sense? It should even cost more fuel, because of all the equipment it has

Kingdaro's Photo Kingdaro 20 Jun 2013

Fuel usage shouldn't change. The gold cost is probably fair enough for the extra features. There isn't really any "extra equipment", just the same stuff, only upgraded.

Ballistic Buddha's Photo Ballistic Buddha 28 Jun 2013

Awesome, I'm super exited for this!

At the very least, having a colored interface with syntax highlighting on a turtle will be quite nice. Hopefully it includes some extra improvements such as a bigger inventory too.

However, my number one wish for these is a more modular approach to turtle upgrades. Hopefully one that allows us to remove turtle upgrades. I've come to really wish I could reclaim some of my turtle upgrades after only using them for a single task I will likely never use again, especially with some of the misc. peripherals upgrades, as some of them are quite expensive, but the combo of upgrades I chose might not be relevant to me in the future. Maybe something like some special inventory slots in the turtle's inventory for turtle upgrades in lieu of permanently crafting the upgrades into the turtle. Or maybe something like turtle.equip(slot) and turtle.unequip(slot) functions so a turtle can change its upgrades while it is executing a script. One can dream.

Anyway, whatever they end up doing, I'm sure it will be a welcome addition :)

Dlcruz129's Photo Dlcruz129 30 Jun 2013

I think he made the recipe too expensive, it should just be an advanced computer, 7 iron, and a chest, IMO.

Xfel's Photo Xfel 02 Jul 2013

Why is everyone expecting that this advanced turtle will just have the same functions as the advanced computer? I wouldn't be so shure about that. In the suggestions forum, the devs have stated multiple times that they don't see a reason for a turtle with colors and mouse. So it would be much more likely that this turtle has other advanced features: better inventory interaction, more peripheral slots or lower fuel usage.

Engineer's Photo Engineer 02 Jul 2013

View PostXfel, on 02 July 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Why is everyone expecting that this advanced turtle will just have the same functions as the advanced computer? I wouldn't be so shure about that. In the suggestions forum, the devs have stated multiple times that they don't see a reason for a turtle with colors and mouse. So it would be much more likely that this turtle has other advanced features: better inventory interaction, more peripheral slots or lower fuel usage.
OR they changed their mind :P

Xiaminou's Photo Xiaminou 02 Jul 2013

Advanced Turtles, eh?

I'm really looking forward to this!

MindenCucc's Photo MindenCucc 05 Jul 2013

I can color turtles! CC 1.481, MC 1.4.7
http://puu.sh/3vIaC.png
However clicking just not working, because there aren't adv. turtles :P

dan200's Photo dan200 11 Jul 2013

View PostMindenCucc, on 05 July 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

I can color turtles! CC 1.481, MC 1.4.7
http://puu.sh/3vIaC.png