←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Post Your Internet Speed!

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 27 Sep 2016

That's under 100 megabits per second. If you're supposed to be getting 200 megabytes per second, you should call up your ISP and find out why they're limiting you to less than 1/16 of your nominal connection speed.

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 27 Sep 2016

View PostLyqyd, on 27 September 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

That's under 100 megabits per second. If you're supposed to be getting 200 megabytes per second, you should call up your ISP and find out why they're limiting you to less than 1/16 of your nominal connection speed.

200 megabytes per second isn't currently even possible for home internet at all, isn't it?
200megabytes per second would be 1600 Megabits per second (1,6gbit/s) and that's (I think) currently not available as home Internet in any country..

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 27 Sep 2016

Its coz im using the 2.4Ghz internet which is slower but supported for all devices but 5Ghz is the fast 200Mb/s one but... my laptop doesnt support it :D

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 27 Sep 2016

And that should tell you that maybe his story about 200MBps ain't all that believable. ;)

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 27 Sep 2016

View PostLyqyd, on 27 September 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

And that should tell you that maybe his story about 200MBps ain't all that believable. ;)

I'm moving whereever I need to, to get that speed! Cya kappa :D

Offtopic:
I posted my problem with LyqydOS in your topic btw..
Edited by Piorjade, 27 September 2016 - 07:17 PM.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 27 Sep 2016

View PostPiorjade, on 27 September 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

And that should tell you that maybe his story about 200MBps ain't all that believable. ;)/>
I'm moving whereever I need to, to get that speed! Cya kappa :D/>
Offtopic:

Americans can get 1Gb/s so you should go to america

Tiin57's Photo Tiin57 27 Sep 2016

View PostTheRockettek, on 27 September 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostPiorjade, on 27 September 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

And that should tell you that maybe his story about 200MBps ain't all that believable. ;)/>
I'm moving whereever I need to, to get that speed! Cya kappa :D/>
Offtopic:

Americans can get 1Gb/s so you should go to america

It's all about price. Sure, I get nearly 1Gb/s at work - but that's at an IU campus in downtown Indianapolis. That kind of speed isn't available to any home users, and precious few organizations. My home speeds have only ever been about 100Mb/s at most, and that's on a good night (you can't get that speed during the day, but at 3am you have a lot less traffic).

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 28 Sep 2016

what about google fibre xD

Well tbh you wouldn't need 1Gb/s and usually if you did like for a site or server ect. Why not just buy one :D/>

KingofGamesYami's Photo KingofGamesYami 28 Sep 2016

I get 20 Mbps at home, 137 Mbps at school - according to speedtest. Google Fibre isn't available in my area - it's not available in very many areas in the United States.

I can actually buy faster speeds for my home internet, if I wish to pay for the infrastructure. It's currently limited by the physical connection.

LevenIce's Photo LevenIce 28 Sep 2016

Posted Image
;_;

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 28 Sep 2016

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 28 September 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I get 20 Mbps at home, 137 Mbps at school - according to speedtest. Google Fibre isn't available in my area - it's not available in very many areas in the United States.

I can actually buy faster speeds for my home internet, if I wish to pay for the infrastructure. It's currently limited by the physical connection.

What about cable Internet? I live in a suburb and I think most of the houses have a cable connection, which supports up to 400Mbps :/

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 06 Oct 2016

View PostPiorjade, on 28 September 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostKingofGamesYami, on 28 September 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

What about cable Internet? I live in a suburb and I think most of the houses have a cable connection, which supports up to 400Mbps :/

It's not so much about the type of cable, or where the cable is, it's mainly to do with the switch and how close it is, I live in a village and the fastest we could get was roughly 1mbps, because the switch was 2 villages away, now we have a switch in the middle of the village and fibre has now been laid, and we can get up to 400mbps.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 06 Oct 2016

Posted Image

~Cought

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 06 Oct 2016

Posted Image
This is weird.

1. I am in school, and school wifi generally sucks
2. My teacher is showing us a netflix documentary on wifi at the time of the scan, and wifi doesn't suck even then
3. I'm in Rhode Island, not Massachusetts.

Sillyjake's Photo Sillyjake 07 Oct 2016

Posted Image

My house is getting half the download speed we're paying for, Will fix soon.

minizbot2012's Photo minizbot2012 07 Oct 2016

Posted Image
In Palm Bay, Florida, yep, I had too...

HaddockDev's Photo HaddockDev 07 Oct 2016

Before I was only getting 56kb/s (kilobytes) down and even less up, so this is good as it can get here where I live :(
plus I practically live in a forest and Halifax is closest as it can get (~300 KM away sadly)
and I don't think this really matters, but I'm using Linux running Chromium, and I ain't going to be using flash anytime soon.

Posted Image
Edited by Haddock, 07 October 2016 - 11:17 PM.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 09 Oct 2016

Attached Image

H4X0RZ's Photo H4X0RZ 10 Oct 2016

Posted Image

I'm really jealous right now ;-;

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 10 Oct 2016

View PostH4X0RZ, on 10 October 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

Posted Image
I'm really jealous right now ;-;

Vodafone;-;