normal turtle
computercraft 1.56 (mc1.6.2)
current.log : bios:339: [string "current.log"] :1: unexpected symbol

#102 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postwojbie, on 25 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

nope - Still preformatted on disk - Deplorer will be "advanced" option of placing turtle on disk/drive and giving it items. - Not connected to swarminer network in any shape or form. Only interaction will be when user activates recall mode - and that will be single impulse goto message to all turtles. There will be never a server in my swarm!

Think of it as speedloader for a quarry. As stupid as it sounds :D

I Got a 64 turtle quarry with a speedloader!!! :P

I wasn't thinking of the deployer turtle acting as a server. I was just thinking, if I'm going to place all of my mining turtles and enderchests in another chest for the deployer turtle to deploy, it makes the most sense to create the quarry order (saved to disk) using the deployer turtle.

Or is your method to send the first turtle out manually just like you do now, (create the order, reboot the turtle and load the latest swarminer) then tell the deployer turtle to send out the rest?

#103 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostHeffeD, on 25 October 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Or is your method to send the first turtle out manually just like you do now, (create the order, reboot the turtle and load the latest swarminer) then tell the deployer turtle to send out the rest?

Exacly!

#104 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Posthonsbeekiejj, on 25 October 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

Miningparallel :22: turtle:22: Too long without yielding

eghhh wait... turtle api is trowing Too long without yielding at me? Thats a new one..... will need to look for solution.

#105 honsbeekiejj

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Miningparallel :22: swarminer:85: Too long without yielding

normal turtle
Current log: current.log : bios:339: [string "current.log"] :1: unexpected symbol

#106 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

OK Tx for those 2 reports - as i said i am working on issue.

For future reference you should use
edit current.log
to view contents of file.
Attempting to run it gives no informative data for me.

#107 honsbeekiejj

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

whoops xD

Miningparallel:22:swarminer:251: Too long without yielding

normal turtle

Current.log: {["layer"}=17,["fuel"]=318,["id"]=22,["run"]=true,["loc"]={["x"]=2,["z"]=5,},["pos"]={["y"]=17,["x"]=265,["z"]=-196, ["zd"]=0, ["xd"]=1,},}

#108 honsbeekiejj

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Miningbios:208: Too long without yielding

#109 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ok Ok i get it "Too long without yielding" no need to report it anymore :D

Working on it :P

#110 Mad_Professor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's working great for me, but occasionally I need to jumpstart a few turtles, they seem to forget they run on fuel. Need more work on fuel code.

Also would be cool to fuel them with buckets of lava, they take the buckets but don't know how to get rid of the bucket once they empty it so the turtle just sits there.

Edited by Mad_Professor, 26 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#111 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I Really don't get your problem with it - in none of tests i have done turtles ever run out of fuel.
Unless you make them follow a maze to refueling station they should get there with 200 fuel spare each time.
In other words - can't reproduce. sorry.

#112 dronf

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have a proper GPS network set, so gps locate gives me the correct data. When i create an order and give it to a turtle to execute, they go forward a few blocks and stop with the words "Work Done" on the bottom of their screen. If I restart the turtle it moves forward 1 block, then says work done.

This was on a test 100x100, 1x1 sector repeats, down to y=6 quarry.

The current.log of one of the turtles contains: {["pos"]={["y"]=75,["x"]=2888,["z"]=-912,["zd"]=1,["xd"]=0,},["run"]=true,["fuel"]=4699,["id"]=153,}

Any ideas?

thanks!

#113 lewanator1

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Im no pro at this but you set the turtle to mine straight down? Maybe try 4x4 or something a little higher on the repeats

#114 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

As stated before in this tread sector should be small - but making it 1x1 is kinda counterproductive to whole design ideas

IT would be better if you could use 3-10 for sector size then use repeats to make it size you need.

#115 Mad_Professor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Quick question, how are swarminer id's assigned? I have few turtles with duplicate ids as in swarminer id:29 showing on both. not sure how it became that way.

#116 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Did you play with them in creative mode?

Swarminer id: is id of computer assigned by ComputerCraft - I simply use that cause i have 100% knowledge it will be unique. Unless you pick one of labeled computers in creative and place it few times. In other words they are always unique in survival and in creative you need to watch out for duplicating. Same case for installer disks id - also assigned unique by ComputerCraft

Side Note - I am finishing working on that yield error - tx to help from ask a pro subforums i should be able minimize its happening.
Should be ready for release in next 24h.

#117 Mad_Professor

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postwojbie, on 27 October 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Did you play with them in creative mode?

Swarminer id: is id of computer assigned by ComputerCraft - I simply use that cause i have 100% knowledge it will be unique. Unless you pick one of labeled computers in creative and place it few times. In other words they are always unique in survival and in creative you need to watch out for duplicating. Same case for installer disks id - also assigned unique by ComputerCraft

Side Note - I am finishing working on that yield error - tx to help from ask a pro subforums i should be able minimize its happening.
Should be ready for release in next 24h.

It's single player survival, but I had to switch to peaceful a few times when I was trying to figure this stuff out and kept getting bugged by the mobs. Doesn't seem to affect it though, but just makes it harder to track on the scanner when two id flash two different sets of information.

also, stil having turtles run out of fuel, it's almost as if they are not aware of running low, but as you said you can't reproduce it, so I'm S.o.L. It's not a big deal, unless they stall in a laval pool.

#118 Warlordjones

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

The program is working out very well for me, but not for the server I am running it on. When the server boots, all of my turtles booting at once is apparently causing CPU use to shoot through the roof. Would it be possible to insert a os.sleep(100) just before any turtle begins mining, to allow the server time to start up and stabilize. I tried doing this myself, but I cannot find the correct place to insert it!

#119 Wojbie

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKinda lost

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostWarlordjones, on 27 October 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

The program is working out very well for me, but not for the server I am running it on. When the server boots, all of my turtles booting at once is apparently causing CPU use to shoot through the roof. Would it be possible to insert a os.sleep(100) just before any turtle begins mining, to allow the server time to start up and stabilize. I tried doing this myself, but I cannot find the correct place to insert it!

You are looking for sleep command in line 1369 - by default its 0.01 sec but you can set it to whatever you want.

View PostMad_Professor, on 27 October 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

It's single player survival, but I had to switch to peaceful a few times when I was trying to figure this stuff out and kept getting bugged by the mobs. Doesn't seem to affect it though, but just makes it harder to track on the scanner when two id flash two different sets of information.

also, stil having turtles run out of fuel, it's almost as if they are not aware of running low, but as you said you can't reproduce it, so I'm S.o.L. It's not a big deal, unless they stall in a laval pool.

Having more than one turtle with same number id is a weird situation - code is not designed to handle it - can cause all matter of bugs and hangs.
Best for you would be to get rid of one of duplicates.

#120 HeffeD

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostMad_Professor, on 27 October 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Switching to peaceful wouldn't do it. Turtles and computers are given a unique ID by ComputerCraft when they are placed in the world.

Without manually editing some config files, the only way to get a duplicate ID is to place the turtle in creative mode. Since creative mode doesn't remove the item you've placed from your inventory, in the case of a turtle or computer, placing the item will duplicate it. The end result is that you have more than one turtle or computer with the same ID. That's the only way it will happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users