Resizable Window?

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 14 Oct 2013

Resizable Window?
✔ Movable window?
✔ "mouse_click" in a movable window?

Posted Image
I've tried but I can't do this :/
[Pastebin]
I need this for my program.. please help!

M4sh3dP0t4t03's Photo M4sh3dP0t4t03 14 Oct 2013

Is this some sort of an OS/Graphical shell? Or is it a tutorial for an OS? Because if it is you would have to say which one it is and you should also post the source code so we could help you.

MKlegoman357's Photo MKlegoman357 14 Oct 2013

You would have to check where the user clicks: if he/she clicked on the title bar and after that dragged his/her mouse then move the window up/down and left/right as many pixels as they moved their mouse. Same with resize. If you have multiple windows then I would recommend to have them as "objects". Tutorial for OOP in Lua can be found here.

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 14 Oct 2013

KingOfNoobs, on 14 October 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Is this some sort of an OS/Graphical shell? Or is it a tutorial for an OS? Because if it is you would have to say which one it is and you should also post the source code so we could help you.
[Pastebin] move window

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 15 Oct 2013

someone has an idea?

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 15 Oct 2013

You should be looking at the mouse click coordinates relative to the actual window position rather than simply checking if they are in one absolute position of the screen.

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 15 Oct 2013

Lyqyd, on 15 October 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

You should be looking at the mouse click coordinates relative to the actual window position rather than simply checking if they are in one absolute position of the screen.
yes.. but that does not work :/
www.pastebin.com/jJTRsGFB

CoderPuppy's Photo CoderPuppy 15 Oct 2013

On line 28 you have:
if XY2 == "X+8,Y" and button == 1 then -- #### X position
It's checking if XY2 is equal to "X+8,Y", the variables aren't getting replaced. Replace "X+8,Y" with (X + 8) .. "," .. Y.

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 16 Oct 2013

hmm...

LabyStudio's Photo LabyStudio 16 Oct 2013

CoderPuppy, on 15 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

On line 28 you have:
if XY2 == "X+8,Y" and button == 1 then -- #### X position
It's checking if XY2 is equal to "X+8,Y", the variables aren't getting replaced. Replace "X+8,Y" with (X + 8) .. "," .. Y.

Thank you :D
[Pastebin]