←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Old Ccemu Launcher

ardera's Photo ardera 18 Nov 2013

Has anyone got the CCEmu jar?

I tried to use CCDesk (7.0) but the mouse won't work.

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 18 Nov 2013

Here you go uploaded it to mediafire for you

ardera's Photo ardera 18 Nov 2013

EDIT: Can you upload the .ccemu directory, too? Windows 8 deleted all my User Data (including source code)...
Edited by ardera, 18 November 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 18 Nov 2013

Probably would have been easier to just message me (the ccemu dev) as I've already been asked for a copy of the launcher before.
But either way in the case someone else finds this thread looking for the same thing or whatever,
Here's a link to patched launcher that will download the required files from my dropbox
//EDIT: Uggh not working for whatever reason :S
Edited by tomass1996, 19 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 19 Nov 2013

Ahh.. If dan would only pay attention to my PMs, you might be able to use my CCEmu! :P

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 19 Nov 2013

View PostGravityScore, on 19 November 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Ahh.. If dan would only pay attention to my PMs, you might be able to use my CCEmu! :P
Is it that one you and 1lann thought of creating? ( Or was it just you? )
That it seems you've created now or what?
Edited by Hellkid98, 19 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

ardera's Photo ardera 19 Nov 2013

EDIT: Sorry, double post
Edited by ardera, 21 November 2013 - 01:06 PM.

ardera's Photo ardera 19 Nov 2013

Thank you :)

View Posttomass1996, on 18 November 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Probably would have been easier to just message me (the ccemu dev) as I've already been asked for a copy of the launcher before.
But either way in the case someone else finds this thread looking for the same thing or whatever,
Here's a link to patched launcher that will download the required files from my dropbox
cc-emu-launcher.jar
If I use you're launcher (it seems it's a problem of the jars, not of the launcher), it will give me an error "mounting cc blablabla rom". Anyway, it works with hellkids files...

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 19 Nov 2013

It was working, now it's not :S
Edited by tomass1996, 19 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 20 Nov 2013

View PostHellkid98, on 19 November 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

View PostGravityScore, on 19 November 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Is it that one you and 1lann thought of creating? ( Or was it just you? )
That it seems you've created now or what?

Just me, and it's finished (mac only currently - no motivation to port it to Windows/Linux, which is easily possible).
Edited by GravityScore, 20 November 2013 - 08:11 AM.

M4sh3dP0t4t03's Photo M4sh3dP0t4t03 20 Nov 2013

View PostGravityScore, on 20 November 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Just me, and it's finished (mac only currently - no motivation to port it to Windows/Linux, which is easily possible).

Well... you could just release the soource code so others can port it.

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 21 Nov 2013

View PostM4sh3dP0t4t03, on 20 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Well... you could just release the source code so others can port it.

The lack of motivation was because I'm not allowed to release it due to it requiring a computercraft.jar, which I need dan200's permission to distribute, and since he hasn't answered my PMs about asking for that permission, I can't release it. The source minus the .jar file I probably could release considering it uses none of his code, just imports it.

M4sh3dP0t4t03's Photo M4sh3dP0t4t03 21 Nov 2013

View PostGravityScore, on 21 November 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

View PostM4sh3dP0t4t03, on 20 November 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Well... you could just release the source code so others can port it.

The lack of motivation was because I'm not allowed to release it due to it requiring a computercraft.jar, which I need dan200's permission to distribute, and since he hasn't answered my PMs about asking for that permission, I can't release it. The source minus the .jar file I probably could release considering it uses none of his code, just imports it.
Yeah, also people could probably download the computercraft.jar seperetaly from the launcher until he answers.

distantcam's Photo distantcam 21 Nov 2013

View PostGravityScore, on 21 November 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Could you look for the ComputerCraft jar in a mod folder say and just load that?

Unleash the codez! :D

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 22 Nov 2013

Loading it from a pre installed location is a much better idea :P

I can't find a license that CC provides (if I'm just being blind here, it would be great if someone could link it), so I think "All Rights Reserved" is applied under law. This means I can't use any of dan's code (which I don't), nor distribute it - but can I link against it (via an import statement in Java)? I'll assume I can do that (don't see why not) until told otherwise. Would be useful if someone could find the answer to this - I haven't from a few minutes of quick Googling.

BTW for anyone interested, the emulator is written in C++ using the QT framework. I planned when I started writing this to have the code freely available on GitHub, so I shall do that. It's currently broken (I think) so I'll have to fix it up.
Edited by GravityScore, 22 November 2013 - 10:35 AM.

Left4Cake's Photo Left4Cake 22 Nov 2013

M4sh3dP0t4t03 said:

Yeah, also people could probably download the computercraft.jar seperetaly from the launcher until he answers.

That's similar how PokeMMO doged copyright infringement.