←  Ask a Pro

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

mounting lua/rom

Oaltakrouri's Photo Oaltakrouri 08 Jan 2014

When I get a mining turtle, I get something that says 'Error mounting lua/rom Check that you have installed ComputerCraft' I did indeed install ComputerCraft. How Do I Fix This?

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 08 Jan 2014

Did you unzip the mod when you put it into the mods folder? Don't do that.

Oaltakrouri's Photo Oaltakrouri 08 Jan 2014

No I Did Not

I did not Un-zip the folder

Someone please help, I want to enjoy the mod.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 09 Jan 2014

Try downloading a fresh copy of the mod and putting that zip directly in the mods folder, being sure to not unzip it.

Oaltakrouri's Photo Oaltakrouri 09 Jan 2014

I did

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 09 Jan 2014

Yet you said "did not unzip the folder". It isn't a folder, it's a zip file. Don't unzip it into a folder. I've heard anecdotes that Macs will occasionally do this for you while trying to be helpful. Your responses have been short and non-specific and don't inspire much confidence that you're actually carefully verifying that things are set up correctly.

awsmazinggenius's Photo awsmazinggenius 09 Jan 2014

View PostLyqyd, on 09 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Yet you said "did not unzip the folder". It isn't a folder, it's a zip file. Don't unzip it into a folder. I've heard anecdotes that Macs will occasionally do this for you while trying to be helpful. Your responses have been short and non-specific and don't inspire much confidence that you're actually carefully verifying that things are set up correctly.
This was the issue I had. I first tried ComputerCraft on my MacBook Air and got the error because it wanted to be "helpful" and unzip it. Are you on a Mac?

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 09 Jan 2014

View PostLyqyd, on 09 January 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

I've heard anecdotes that Macs will occasionally do this for you while trying to be helpful.
Yes, when using Safari they will do this, its a horrible setting.

To turn off uncheck:
Safari > Preferences > General > Open "safe" files after downloading

Oaltakrouri's Photo Oaltakrouri 10 Jan 2014

Ok, I will try this as I do have a MacBook Pro

Oaltakrouri's Photo Oaltakrouri 10 Jan 2014

Thanks So Much For The Help Guys!