[LanteaCraft / SGCraft] == ccDHD ==

lua computer utility

357 replies to this topic

#341 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:59 AM

It looks like Dockter's builds aren't returning the same information that soccerguy's builds are so I'm going to have to do some testing - which version of Dockter's build are you using?

FWIW, soccerguy's builds are returning data as it was returned by the original mod - if you can run soccerguy's version you should have no problems.

EDIT: It looks like the issue is already known and the question has already been asked on the Discord channel - I'll check in on it occasionally and see if there's progress.

EDIT 2: I've done some preliminary testing (with the Forge version) - I've duplicated the gateStatus bug, and although I can initiate a dial, I can't stop it or get the proper address information from the gate. From what I can tell CC functionality has either been drastically changed in Dockter's version of the mod or it is broken - if I find out more I'll post another update.

EDIT 3: The latest version of Dockter's build (with a small tweak to gateLiaison) now works great - no more problems that I'm aware of - the updated version of gateLiaison has been uploaded and is now available.

Edited by Dog, 20 January 2019 - 05:03 AM.

#342 weirdwolf

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

Hello, i seem to be having a small issue trying to get the ccDHD to work, i keep getting an error from line 4400 " bad argument #2 (expected number, got number) " i've tried looking through the code of both ccDHD and gateLiaison, but im not all that experienced, so i couldn't find anything.

This happens on the ccDHD computer once it gets a connection to the gateLiaison computer.

im running ComputerCraft 1.80pr1 and SGcraft 1.13.2, don't know if that'll have any influence on things.

Thanks in Advance for the help :)

EDIT: I had a more experienced friend of mine look over the code, he found out it was an issue with ComputerCraft itself, and then he pointed out you recommended using CC: Tweaked, i guess this is why.. I fixed the issue by changing over to CC: Tweaked.

Edited by weirdwolf, 19 February 2019 - 08:47 PM.

#343 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

Hey weirdwolf - yes, the problem you ran in to was indeed an issue with that build of ComputerCraft - glad you found CC:Tweaked and got it sorted. If you have any other questions, comments, etc. please let me know.

#344 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:45 AM

View Postweirdwolf, on 19 February 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

EDIT: I had a more experienced friend of mine look over the code, he found out it was an issue with ComputerCraft itself, and then he pointed out you recommended using CC: Tweaked, i guess this is why.. I fixed the issue by changing over to CC: Tweaked.

To be clear, "pr1" stands for "pre-release 1": you were using a testing build of ComputerCraft, not a stable release.

Beats me how people keep stumbling across that one. Has someone decided to put it in a modpack or something?

#345 SquidDev

Frickin' laser beams | Resident Necromancer

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationDoes anyone put something serious here?

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 20 February 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

To be clear, "pr1" stands for "pre-release 1": you were using a testing build of ComputerCraft, not a stable release.

Beats me how people keep stumbling across that one. Has someone decided to put it in a modpack or something?
It's the only 1.12 version which is on CurseForge, and so it ends up in a lot of mod packs - 1.80pr1 currently has 2.2 million downloads.

#346 weirdwolf

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

Honestly i feel like part of the issue lies with CC: Tweaked being named just that, instead of ComputerCraft: Tweaked (i know CC is short for ComputerCraft, but still) so if you don't know it exists and you want computercraft, it probably won't come up in your search results.

#347 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Good point. That's actually why I put a link to CC:Tweaked in the OP.

#348 Dex_Luther

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

Thanks a lot for this program. It's easy to set up and really useful. I'm running into an issue though. I have the ccDHD installed on an Advanced Computer, but can't actually click on anything. Most of the time nothing happens and I get weird tooltips.

I can however click on -DHD- and enter settings, but can't actually change anything. Once there though, the only way I can get back to the main screen is by rebooting the Computer.

Posted Image

EDIT: Managed to fix it. I guess either the program or Tweaked:CC don't like people in creative mode.

Edited by Dex_Luther, 29 March 2019 - 10:14 AM.

#349 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

That's odd. I do all my testing with cc:Tweaked in creative mode and haven't run into any problems like you describe. I'm pretty sure it's not ccDHD, but if it happens again, collect your logs, put them on pastebin, and post back here - *maybe* we can narrow down what's causing the problem.

#350 Dex_Luther

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostDog, on 29 March 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

That's odd. I do all my testing with cc:Tweaked in creative mode and haven't run into any problems like you describe. I'm pretty sure it's not ccDHD, but if it happens again, collect your logs, put them on pastebin, and post back here - *maybe* we can narrow down what's causing the problem.

The problem seems to happen when JEI's cheatmode is activated. Turning that off gets rid of the issue.

I do however have another question: Is it possible to turn off password hashing? I changed the iris password and lockdown password to "atlantis" and "atlantislock" respectively, but when I enter the iris password in my Advanced Pocket Computer with CCdialer installed, the iris doesn't open.

I've tired opening the DHDconfig program in notepad++

{
  password = "224181199193731782218411831561917444261891351459823016515814523916218518421758489",
  detailedMarquee = true,
  irisPassword = "162138190751621939424222224616913516716568922778221246528912521671520025215875109107",
  logs = true,
  ecIris = false,
  sync = true,
  gate = 1,
  hashedPWs = true,
  bio = {
    lock = false,
    func = "none",
    fAuth = 2,
    auth = 4,
  },
  incomingIris = false,
  newHash = true,
}

I've tried changing the two places that mention Hash to false, but when I restart the computer in game the entries are set back to true,.For now I just removed the iris.

#351 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Hey Dex_Luther,

There is no way to turn of the password hashing, and it's not something I plan to add. Having said that, you can set the passwords to what you want by doing the following:

1. Exit ccDHD
2. Edit DHDconfig
3. Change hashedPWs to false
4. Change newHash to false
5. Change password to the password you want (don't forget the quotes)
6. Change irisPassword to the iris password you want (don't forget the quotes)
7. Save DHDconfig
8. Start ccDHD

That will rehash the passwords you entered and allow you to use them.

#352 Dex_Luther

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

Hello Sir,

I think I found a bug. When a gate is "over powered" using a ZPM in a ZPM Console Gate Liason shows the power as "inf%" since it essentially has infinite power. The problem is that under these conditions CCDHD crashes with an error in line 2438. Something about comparing to Nil.

I forgot to get a screenshot of the error. Removing the ZPM and then restarting CCDHD solves the problem and then shows fuel at 13421%. The problem seems to occur when the chunk is unloaded and then loaded again. That's when Gate Liason then changes to "inf%", which CCDHD doesn't seem to be able to handle properly.

I'll try disabling my chunk loading to recreate the issue and get screenshots.

For reference line 2438 of CCDHD:
  local fuelColor = fuelPercent > 24 and lime or orange

Edit:

I was able to recreate the issue by closing the world and hopping back in.

Gate Liaison Screen:
Spoiler

Power Setup:
SG Power Unit and ZPM console
Spoiler

CCDHD Monitors are off showing that CCDHD crashed:
Spoiler

CCDHD Crash Message:
Spoiler

Edited by Dex_Luther, 03 April 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#353 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

Hey Dex_Luther,

Thanks for the detailed bug report - very helpful :)

After some testing, I'm not entirely convinced this is an issue with SGCraft - it appears that it might be in ComputerCraft. Either way, I've uploaded the fix. Re-download gateLiaison for the fix (fuel percent will now read 100% max).

#354 Dex_Luther

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:04 AM

View PostDog, on 03 April 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Hey Dex_Luther,

Thanks for the detailed bug report - very helpful :)

After some testing, I'm not entirely convinced this is an issue with SGCraft - it appears that it might be in ComputerCraft. Either way, I've uploaded the fix. Re-download gateLiaison for the fix (fuel percent will now read 100% max).

I didn't think it was an issue with SGCraft since the ZPM and gate seem to work properly. Gate Liaison shows the Fuel number as "Infinite," and CCdialer didn't seem to know what to do with that since "Infinite" isn't a number.

what's strange is that the Fuelpercent appears as some really high number like "13482%" when the ZPM is initially plugged in and everything works fine. Only when the chunk was unloaded and reloaded does Gate Liaison change to reading "inf%," which is when CCdialer breaks. I wonder why the reading changes from a number to infinite.

Anyways, Thanks for the quick fix. I'm starting Minecraft now and the new Gate Liaison a try.

#355 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:11 AM

The reason you were seeing things like 13K% was because I based 100% around there being 4 power modules and 1 CC interface aligned with the 5 blocks that make up the bottom of the gate. Now that there are ZPMs and other power sources, it's pretty easy to get well past what 4 power modules can hold. Part of the fix I released now caps the power percentage at 100% so you shouldn't see any more strange readings.

#356 Korvynus

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

@Dog
If you are still around, would it be possible that you add an option on the ccDHD settings menu to select the redstone output side? It would be convenient.

** EDIT **

Oops! Next time I should look carefully the screenshots. I didn't notice the program accepts arguments at launch. Forget my request then.

Edited by Korvynus, 25 August 2020 - 07:13 PM.

#357 Korvynus

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:28 AM

Ok it's me again but with a specific request.

Would be possible on the 3x3 monitor that when the iris is closed it is show on it?

#358 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:34 AM

Hi, Korvynus! Sorry for the late reply - I don't get around to these parts as much any more. I actually had that in the program and didn't like it the way I had implemented it, so I took it out before release sorry to say. If I ever get around to updating ccDHD I'll take a look at adding something along those lines. Though I'm not sure how I'd do it and not have it look awful or completely hide the wormhole - online/offline status of the wormhole is paramount so the iris status indicator can't completely cover the wormhole. Thanks for the suggestion - it's a good idea, I just did a lousy job implementing it on my first try and I can't guarantee if/when the second try will happen. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users