←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[BETA] Test a game in development

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 13 Jan 2014

So as said in the title, if you want i will send a game in lua for computercraft, so you can test it before everyone !

The objective is for you to give me your thought on this game, what should be changed and everything.
If you want to participate, simply send me a mp.
(WARNING : game is not finished as suggered in the title and bugs may occurs, but i ensure it work)

Edited by bjornir90, 13 January 2014 - 11:45 AM.

oeed's Photo oeed 15 Jan 2014

Can you give a brief description of the game? Also, yes I'd be interested in having a look. I'm looking for games for OneOS so I'm trying every game I can.

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 18 Jan 2014

Well. The game is a shoot'em up, currently it is very bugged but i'll upload a pic of the vessel of the player. For the moment, no download, it's too buggy, sorry :/.
Posted Image
Edited by bjornir90, 18 January 2014 - 06:02 AM.

Zambonie's Photo Zambonie 18 Jan 2014

Hey, to fix the background of the text in the top left, do term.setBackgroundColor(colors.<Whatever color you used for the green background>) before printing and updating the text at the top left.
Also, I may help you test.
Edited by Troll., 18 January 2014 - 01:28 PM.

awsmazinggenius's Photo awsmazinggenius 18 Jan 2014

I'd love to help you test, but bear in mind that I will be running it through a CraftOS command window in awsmazingOS, so it won't be a 51x19 term size. (Probably just a little less.) Will that be an issue, or are you checking term.getSize(), which you should do if you aren't doing it already?

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 19 Jan 2014

I know how to fix the background problem but as it is dev text, i don't really care, but thanks for the help :)/&gt;.
About the windows thing, i'm effectively using term.getSize() so i think there won't be any problem except that it will be more difficult because the ennemies will be closer.
I'm progressing on debugging but there is a bug that make the screen blinking. And i don't know why ...
Edited by bjornir90, 19 January 2014 - 04:59 AM.

oeed's Photo oeed 19 Jan 2014

View Postbjornir90, on 19 January 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

I'm progressing on debugging but there is a bug that make the screen blinking. And i don't know why ...

Are you using a drawing buffer?

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 19 Jan 2014

View Postoeed, on 19 January 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

Are you using a drawing buffer?

In some ways but i planed to do it better after i get the ennemies to appears on the screen. And i fixed most of the screen blinkness, it's now playable :)

Ok so now the ennemies spawn, appears on screen and evrything. I just have to make an AI for them and I'll send the link to all of you :) (likely tomorrow if everything going well)

so this is what it looks like now :)

Posted Image
Edited by bjornir90, 20 January 2014 - 01:01 PM.

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 02 Feb 2014

The game i now playable ! And so, i sent a link to all of you :)

Zambonie's Photo Zambonie 02 Feb 2014

Cool! Im wondering if we can also help develop the game, if you want :)

awsmazinggenius's Photo awsmazinggenius 02 Feb 2014

I've replied to your PM with some bugs and a new installer.

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 03 Feb 2014

Well, for the moment i just want some feedback, but feel free to give ideas and to make them, if it is cool i'll add them :D I'm really open to any suggestions.

Zambonie's Photo Zambonie 04 Feb 2014

Well, its a nice game. I really like -devmode , and the feature of it.
Maybe one thing that would be cool is to choose the color and shape of your char :)

awsmazinggenius's Photo awsmazinggenius 04 Feb 2014

I think you can edit the nfp files in the folder it creates, correct?

The sprites are located at projectAlpha/.sprites

I mean that you can select a color from some kind of menu, and maybe choose your player. Like when It starts the game, it will ask you choose a color and player

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 04 Feb 2014

Well, i could do that, and that's a cool idea so i keep it in mind :). But for the moment, this is only the game "engine", so there is not much features for the moment. Also, you can save your game by pressing "p" in game, and then press s; but it works a bit randomly.

ah ok,

bjornir90's Photo bjornir90 07 Feb 2014

New version released, V2.0.5. It's mostly bug fixes, but there is also a little... surprise :P You need to play quit a long time (2 min) to see it. It goes very fast, so try to catch it ;) To download it, delete your alphatestPR file, and launch again the installer or simply, go here http://pastebin.com/e55vr0jN