←  Beta Testing

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

ComputerCraft Beta Versions - Download and...

Engineer's Photo Engineer 06 Feb 2014

View PostBomb Bloke, on 06 February 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Is the turtle fuel cap of 5000 new to 1.6? It's a fair bit of a nerf, and seems it'll be a right annoyance for many non-excavator scripts (which otherwise wouldn't need to waste those few precious inventory slots on fuel items): I've fired off scripts that I've calculated to use over 200k fuel units, and previously all I had to do is throw in two or three inventory loads of charcoal before running them.

Now, even trying to refuel with just one stack of charcoal will result in the turtle exceeding its fuel cap (though it still deletes the fuel items it lacks room for, I see...). While I don't mind the idea of a more realistic cap (I've no idea what the limit was before - I've gone into the millions and can see that the concept gets silly after a while), would something like 100k be a bit much to ask? Or even half of that?

Edit: I see advanced turtles go up to 20k. That still seems fairly low, especially for the gold versions.
Iirc you can change it in the config.

oeed's Photo oeed 06 Feb 2014

View PostBomb Bloke, on 06 February 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Is the turtle fuel cap of 5000 new to 1.6? It's a fair bit of a nerf, and seems it'll be a right annoyance for many non-excavator scripts (which otherwise wouldn't need to waste those few precious inventory slots on fuel items): I've fired off scripts that I've calculated to use over 200k fuel units, and previously all I had to do is throw in two or three inventory loads of charcoal before running them.

Now, even trying to refuel with just one stack of charcoal will result in the turtle exceeding its fuel cap (though it still deletes the fuel items it lacks room for, I see...). While I don't mind the idea of a more realistic cap (I've no idea what the limit was before - I've gone into the millions and can see that the concept gets silly after a while), would something like 100k be a bit much to ask? Or even half of that?

Edit: I see advanced turtles go up to 20k. That still seems fairly low, especially for the gold versions.

If it's deleting fuel items when exceeding the fuel cap then definitely report that on the bug forum, that could annoy a lot of people.

5000 is very low, while I can see why a fuel cap would have been added you still have to source the fuel from somewhere. Just because you have 400k fuel doesn't mean you didn't 'pay for it' as such. If you put the fuel in through creative you probably don't want a fuel limit anyway.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 06 Feb 2014

View PostEngineer, on 06 February 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

That may be the case, though I don't see any pre-defined fields to alter and a couple of (basic) web searches isn't picking anything up. Still: "Power of default", and all that. The question is whether the average ComputerCraft user is going to feel compelled to bug his server admin to change settings files or not. It may be this value suits the average coder, I just dunno.

View Postoeed, on 06 February 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

If it's deleting fuel items when exceeding the fuel cap then definitely report that on the bug forum, that could annoy a lot of people.
I figured Dan'd read it here, but I suppose there's no point in chancing it.

sjkeegs's Photo sjkeegs 06 Feb 2014

View PostEngineer, on 06 February 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Is there a method of checking for that in code? Like checking for a turtle with fuel disabled.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 06 Feb 2014

turtle.getFuelLevel() either returns the amount of fuel the turtle has, or a string stating "unlimited" if the fuel system is entirely disabled.

Edit: I misread.
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 06 February 2014 - 11:21 PM.

awsmazinggenius's Photo awsmazinggenius 06 Feb 2014

I believe in the beta turtle.getFuelLimit() (or whatever the method is named) will return nil on no fuel limit.(iirc you can edit the config for that, too).

MudkipTheEpic's Photo MudkipTheEpic 07 Feb 2014

Maybe to help with the term.native backwards compatibility, you could revert term.native back to a table, and add a __call metamethod like this:
setmetatable(term.native, {
  __call=function(self)
    return self
  end
})

Edited by MudkipTheEpic, 07 February 2014 - 01:50 PM.

ElvishJerricco's Photo ElvishJerricco 07 Feb 2014

View PostMudkipTheEpic, on 07 February 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Maybe to help with the term.native backwards compatibility, you could revert term.native back to a table, and add a __call metamethod like this:
setmetatable(term.native, {
  __call=function(self)
	return self
  end
})

That's... Actually kind of clever.

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 07 Feb 2014

Edit: Never mind original content i was idiot.

As for Fuel Level stuff this gives people a new challenge in programs - make it refuel smart way.
Edited by wojbie, 07 February 2014 - 03:15 PM.

mr_taito's Photo mr_taito 12 Feb 2014

I need help. I have CC 1.6pre0 put on my server (1.6.4) and it crashes when i click the computer. this report comes

Spoiler

Pls help me
Edited by mr_taito, 13 February 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 13 Feb 2014

Check out the Bug Reports thread in this section. If this bug hasn't already been posted, please post it in that topic.

mr_taito's Photo mr_taito 13 Feb 2014

I do it when i'm sitting on the pc

sci4me's Photo sci4me 15 Feb 2014

I get a noClassDefFoundError for dan200.turtle.api.ITurtleUpgrade even though the class is there... so... fuck

Edit: nvm, its not in the same folder.. :/
Edited by sci4me, 15 February 2014 - 05:30 PM.

dan200's Photo dan200 06 Mar 2014

Hey all, I've posted a new version in the OP. Hopefully most of the bugs with Computers/Turtles/Pockets' getting their identitiies crossed are fixed. Please test!

masterdisasterHD's Photo masterdisasterHD 06 Mar 2014

Hey dan200, this is not really a bug but a request, if you edit a program at the bottom you have a menu right?
if you have more then 9 lines you cant see the number properly anymore :P, can ya fix it?
Edited by masterdisasterHD, 06 March 2014 - 07:26 AM.

Alekso56's Photo Alekso56 06 Mar 2014

1.6pr0 > 1.6pr1 Lua Changelog:

https://github.com/a...1820caef4d241f0
Edited by Alekso56, 06 March 2014 - 10:14 PM.

MCGamer20000's Photo MCGamer20000 06 Mar 2014

Does it work in Minecraft 1.7.2? If not, when will you work on the 1.7.2 version?

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 06 Mar 2014

It has been previously mentioned that the CC 1.6 release will be for 1.6.4 first, but releases following that will likely be for 1.7.2.

oeed's Photo oeed 07 Mar 2014

Just to confirm, modems haven't been added to PDAs yet have they?

I've been trying to but I can't seem to find it.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 07 Mar 2014

peripheral.find("modem") returns nil on PDAs.