Touch Screen openblocks Radio Controller v1.1.2

33 replies to this topic

#21 Doom6197

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for this, really makes life easier.

#22 OReezy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostDoom6197, on 21 March 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Thanks for this, really makes life easier.

I'm happy I could help.

View PostBallistic Buddha, on 21 March 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hah, wow. I actually just made myself a program for radio control, I knew I should have checked the forums first :P.

I always encourage people to try to do things themselves too. I love to see how different people handle the same issues.

View PostBallistic Buddha, on 21 March 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Now, Since I'm still a fan of the big ass vertical monitor for volume control, I feel inclined to merge my code with yours. I took a quick peek at your code and it looks pretty neat and organized, so it shouldn't be all that hard to do.

Feel free to pick apart my code. If you have any questions about how the code works, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Off Topic: Your base setup in that picture looks awesome.

#23 punchin

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

Not sure if this is intended, but when the radio is off, the red Off is there, but when it's on, the red Off is still showing. Shouldn't that change to a green On? Also, I can't turn it back on by hitting it. As an interesting note, how hard would it be to manually build the typical power button symbol (circle with a bar going through the top) and make that change colors to indicate on/off?

Additionally, when setting this up, the instructions say you have to have a monitor. Nothing about an advanced monitor. When I set mine up per the instructions, it kept telling me "Colour not supported". So I took all the red disks out and tried. Same thing. Took the blue out instead. Same thing. I was confused until I noticed in the pictures that you had used advanced monitors and I put the 2 together. Could you clear up that error message a little? Something like "Must use advanced monitors." would be awesome.

All that being said, I love the program and it works great!

Also, would there be a possibility of a config file being put in the program directory that we can set the default volume with? With my volumes turned way down on my computer and in minecraft, 1 volume on the radio is still very loud. I would like it to start on 1 volume and also be able to choose a default station if that's possible. Config could be edited manually or through the terminal.

Edited by punchin, 19 April 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#24 OReezy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

View Postpunchin, on 19 April 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

-snip-

Sorry it took so long for a response. I am planning on having the program be able to save default settings. That way if you have it running on a computer with lots of other monitors and things, you won't need to enter a list of arguments every time. I will include a default volume for this too.

The way the "OFF" button works at the moment removes the disk from the radio. It shouldn't be too difficult to have it work like a real power button though. As for the power symbol, "(|)" is the best I can think of. School is ending this week so I'll try to get these updates going once everything is done.

#25 ShadowGar

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

This is awesome. Thank you for the program, this fits perfect in any build.

#26 OReezy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone think it would be better to have the radio turn off if you click the disk that is already playing?

v1.1.1
  • Added -v<1-15> argument for setting initial volume
  • Radio now remembers custom settings when you start with arguments
  • "OFF" button now changes to "ON" when music is playing
  • Fixed a bug that caused radio to not turn on initially and after pushing "OFF"

Edited by OReezy, 02 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#27 ephys

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Neat program good job :'3

I was rewriting the GUI to fit my base theme [http://screencloud.net/v/njsr] and I discovered a bug while testing: as you manage the disks using their name instead of an assigned numerical id (like it's chest position) you'll have a nice bug if you have two disks with the same name :3

#28 Balverine

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

No matter which setup I use, it always tells me the peripherals are not found.

#29 Kizz

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLouisville, Kentucky

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Yea same here. Just released my own little jukebox. Didn't know it was possible to even check the playing music.

#30 OReezy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

View PostBalverine, on 27 August 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

No matter which setup I use, it always tells me the peripherals are not found.

View PostKizz, on 27 August 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yea same here. Just released my own little jukebox. Didn't know it was possible to even check the playing music.

I know its been awhile, but if either of you see this which peripheral is not found? Do you get a message telling you or is it a crash?

Also, fixed a bug when connecting with network cables.

Edited by OReezy, 11 September 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#31 mrfrank

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Issue with this.

Everything works smoothly until the chest has over 8 disks in it.

The setup I am using is a 3x1 monitor (advanced). The scrolling only goes down to the 8th disk and no long scrolls down, however the rest continues to work fine.

I can see all disks in terminal mode OR if I make the monitors smaller or, even, larger. A 2x3 monitor setup will scroll through all 13 disks and display them correctly, however the scroll (down) bar continues to show even after the 13th disk is listed at the bottom. Pressing the down arrow again breaks the touch, monitor no longer responds to clicks.

#32 willwac

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Hm, weird.
Sorry I have not kept up to date on this program.
Could you make the list loop?

#33 mrfrank

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

I am not sure if that question was meant for me or not, but if it was.

I can not make the list loop, once it reaches the bottom it simply breaks on the monitor.

Not sure if it matters, but the server is using Crackpack.

#34 willwac

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Sorry, I was asking @OReezy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users