←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[MC 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10] [CC 1.5x/1.6x] Com...

asie's Photo asie 09 Mar 2014

The wiki has been moved to http://wiki.vexatos....ki:computronics and I have mostly abandoned my work on the mod. Use that link.
Edited by asie, 21 November 2017 - 01:15 PM.
Quote

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 14 Mar 2014

Does this work on MC 1.6.2? And I can't believe noone have posted here yet, It seems like a really cool peripheral! :D
Quote

asie's Photo asie 14 Mar 2014

It does work on 1.6.2, yes.
Quote

Pharap's Photo Pharap 19 Mar 2014

I like the camera implementation, it's both useful and (for want of a better term) weak enough to not be considered too overpowered.
Kind of reminds me of the old style raycasting engines (http://qt-project.or...asting-demo.png) such as Wolfenstein3D

Note: Haven't tried the mod, just skimmed the docs
Quote

wilcomega's Photo wilcomega 23 Mar 2014

i have been waiting for this, now just make it a peripheral, is there any limit on how far a ray can travel?
Quote

Sillyjake's Photo Sillyjake 30 Mar 2014

Please update this to CC 1.6, I want to add this to my server.
Quote

Sora Firestorm's Photo Sora Firestorm 30 Mar 2014

Looks like a good set of stuff! Have you considered adding a MiscPeripherals-like speaker in to go with the chat box? I'd really like to have one.
Quote

bakagaijin's Photo bakagaijin 02 Apr 2014

 sillyjake, on 30 March 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Please update this to CC 1.6, I want to add this to my server.

Seconded - this looks fantastic. Many thanks for the INB replacement as well (been missing that one.)
Quote

asie's Photo asie 05 Apr 2014

 bakagaijin, on 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

 sillyjake, on 30 March 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Please update this to CC 1.6, I want to add this to my server.

Seconded - this looks fantastic. Many thanks for the INB replacement as well (been missing that one.)

Done. Grab Computronics 0.3.0!
Quote

bakagaijin's Photo bakagaijin 05 Apr 2014

 asie, on 05 April 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

 bakagaijin, on 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

 sillyjake, on 30 March 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Please update this to CC 1.6, I want to add this to my server.

Seconded - this looks fantastic. Many thanks for the INB replacement as well (been missing that one.)

Done. Grab Computronics 0.3.0!

Thanks asie!!!
Quote

nickeb96's Photo nickeb96 02 May 2014

Hello, I've been using the cc 1.6 version and I think I found a bug. When the camera is facing east a positive value in the distance function angles the ray to the left and a negative value to the right. But when it's facing north a positive value angles the ray to the right and a negative value to the left.
Quote

StarburstDude's Photo StarburstDude 12 May 2014

Excuse me wise sir,
How do you use the cassete tapes/tape drives?Could you make a video tutorial on them,they are quite confusing and there is no good documentation on your website or on the rest of the internet.

Thanks.
Quote

asie's Photo asie 15 May 2014

 StarburstDude, on 12 May 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Excuse me wise sir,
How do you use the cassete tapes/tape drives?Could you make a video tutorial on them,they are quite confusing and there is no good documentation on your website or on the rest of the internet.

Thanks.

Try #oc on EsperNet. It's the OpenComputers channel but a few Computronics users hang out there. They might be able to help.

Also, maybe. I don't know if I have the time to make a video tutorial though.
Quote

StarburstDude's Photo StarburstDude 15 May 2014

 asie, on 15 May 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

 StarburstDude, on 12 May 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

Excuse me wise sir,
How do you use the cassete tapes/tape drives?Could you make a video tutorial on them,they are quite confusing and there is no good documentation on your website or on the rest of the internet.

Thanks.

Try #oc on EsperNet. It's the OpenComputers channel but a few Computronics users hang out there. They might be able to help.

Also, maybe. I don't know if I have the time to make a video tutorial though.
Hm...wasn't able to get a good response of either the #computercraft or #oc ircs.One guy told me that I have to put in the .DFPWM in the computer and then use the tape api to put it into the cassette tape.Just don't know how?I asked if it was the write(byte) command,but no response :/

I got it from there.Could you tell me how to do the rest?Pretty please :wub:
Quote

asie's Photo asie 15 May 2014

 StarburstDude, on 15 May 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

One guy told me that I have to put in the .DFPWM in the computer and then use the tape api to put it into the cassette tape.Just don't know how?I asked if it was the write(byte) command,but no response :/

I got it from there.Could you tell me how to do the rest?Pretty please :wub:/>

Use write(byte) to write audio data byte by byte. Read from the .dfpwm file to get the audio data you want to write. Each byte write advances the tape position by 1 byte - after you finish writing, use seek(-length) to go back to the beginning. To read a single byte, use read(). It will also advance the tape position.

To get the dfpwm file on the computer, use the HTTP API or copy it into your save folder.
Quote

MrabEzreb's Photo MrabEzreb 19 May 2014

Can you PLEASE make robot camera upgrades for turtles? that would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Quote

jaffacakesareamazing's Photo jaffacakesareamazing 06 Jul 2014

Can we have a tutorial for the cameras or other parts of the mod? There is some code on the wiki which I typed out and it wouldn't work!
Quote

asie's Photo asie 08 Jul 2014

 MrabEzreb, on 19 May 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Can you PLEASE make robot camera upgrades for turtles? that would be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

https://cdn.mediacru...j78-121FJO7.png - camera upgrades are next.

 RandomGuyDom, on 06 July 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

Can we have a tutorial for the cameras or other parts of the mod? There is some code on the wiki which I typed out and it wouldn't work!

I will make a series of videos on them once 0.5.0 is released. (Though 0.5.0 will be for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.7.10, many of the things in it will hold true for 1.6.4/0.4.x as well.)
Quote

asie's Photo asie 25 Jul 2014

Oh, look, 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and 0.6.0 were released since the last update! Let's do a quick summary of what changed for good old ComputerCraft users.

  • ADDED: Colorful Lamps! Supporting ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, NedoComputers, Project: Red, MineFactory Reloaded and RedLogic for setting their colour!

  • ADDED: Reading Bundled Cable output for RedLogic and Project:Red-compilant Bundled Cables in ComputerCraft is now possible! (Writing for RedLogic might come soon; writing for Project: Red is impossible due to P:Red's restrictive license)

  • ADDED: Cipher Blocks now support encryption via RedLogic and Project: Red bundled cables!

  • ADDED: Iron Note Blocks now support RedLogic, Project: Red and MFR for playback!

  • ADDED: Chat Boxes now should emit a redstone pulse on every message sent on the chat.
  • ADDED: Full ComputerCraft 1.64pr3 support using the native APIs!

  • ADDED: Radars! They detect entities. And players. And… that's about it.

  • ADDED: Speaking, Musical and Radar Turtle Upgrades (ComputerCraft)! [UNTESTED - waiting for CC for 1.7.10]

  • ADDED: Tapes can now have labels changed in CC Disk Drives. (Why not?)

  • ADDED: Chat Boxes can now have an optional second parameter to say() - the distance.

  • ADDED: Particle Turtle Upgrades for ComputerCraft.

  • ADDED: RedLogic lamps as peripherals! Because why not?

  • CHANGED: Iron Note Blocks now use the block under them for choosing the default instrument, instead of hardcoding a single instrument.

  • FIXED: Iron Note Blocks now emit Forge events for noteblocks. Sometimes.

  • FIXED: Cameras should now work a little bit better. They're still broken for distanceUp() and distanceDown(), but at least should not break for distance().

  • FIXED: For those of you who don't use OpenComputers, a few more peripherals will now become tickless! (Chat Boxes, Cipher Blocks)
http://mc.shinonome....ki:computronics
Quote

jaffacakesareamazing's Photo jaffacakesareamazing 25 Jul 2014

 asie, on 25 July 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Oh, look, 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and 0.6.0 were released since the last update! Let's do a quick summary of what changed for good old ComputerCraft users.
  • ADDED: Colorful Lamps! Supporting ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, NedoComputers, Project: Red, MineFactory Reloaded and RedLogic for setting their colour!
  • ADDED: Reading Bundled Cable output for RedLogic and Project:Red-compilant Bundled Cables in ComputerCraft is now possible! (Writing for RedLogic might come soon; writing for Project: Red is impossible due to P:Red's restrictive license)
  • ADDED: Cipher Blocks now support encryption via RedLogic and Project: Red bundled cables!
  • ADDED: Iron Note Blocks now support RedLogic, Project: Red and MFR for playback!
  • ADDED: Chat Boxes now should emit a redstone pulse on every message sent on the chat.
  • ADDED: Full ComputerCraft 1.64pr3 support using the native APIs!
  • ADDED: Radars! They detect entities. And players. And… that's about it.
  • ADDED: Speaking, Musical and Radar Turtle Upgrades (ComputerCraft)! [UNTESTED - waiting for CC for 1.7.10]
  • ADDED: Tapes can now have labels changed in CC Disk Drives. (Why not?)
  • ADDED: Chat Boxes can now have an optional second parameter to say() - the distance.
  • ADDED: Particle Turtle Upgrades for ComputerCraft.
  • ADDED: RedLogic lamps as peripherals! Because why not?
  • CHANGED: Iron Note Blocks now use the block under them for choosing the default instrument, instead of hardcoding a single instrument.
  • FIXED: Iron Note Blocks now emit Forge events for noteblocks. Sometimes.
  • FIXED: Cameras should now work a little bit better. They're still broken for distanceUp() and distanceDown(), but at least should not break for distance().
  • FIXED: For those of you who don't use OpenComputers, a few more peripherals will now become tickless! (Chat Boxes, Cipher Blocks)
http://mc.shinonome....ki:computronics


Guessing as this was posted today the tutorials haven't been made.....however please send me a message if/when they are please! :) The update looks pretty cool too! :P
Edited by RandomGuyDom, 25 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.
Quote