Pages to be Deleted/Merged

8 replies to this topic

#1 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

Now that quite a number of people have wiki edit privileges and many of the pages being old or out of date I can see that there will be a few pages that should be deleted or merged. As I can't delete the pages I thought I'd make a list of pages I personally think should be removed and obviously if you find any post them. It is then hoped that someone with the ability will then delete the pages that they believe should be.

From now on the list can be found here.

Edited by oeed, 26 March 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I suspect it'd be easier to just wipe the content of a page, replacing it with a tag along the lines of [[Category:Delete_Me]], then it'd be to try and track such things here.

After making absolutely sure that all other pages that link to the article in concern are re-linked to a different page which has the information you're removing from the original, of course. If that's not practical, for whatever reason, then a redirect should be placed instead.

I'm a bit iffy as to whether user-created content that's not included with vanilla ComputerCraft (eg this sort of stuff) should be on the wiki at all.

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

Bomb Bloke, on 24 March 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I'm a bit iffy as to whether user-created content that's not included with vanilla ComputerCraft (eg this sort of stuff) should be on the wiki at all.
at the time it was a way to shut up the people that were like "WE WANT AN OS FORUM!"... now that there is however I feel the page could happily be removed.

#4 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

theoriginalbit, on 24 March 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

Bomb Bloke, on 24 March 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

at the time it was a way to shut up the people that were like "WE WANT AN OS FORUM!"... now that there is however I feel the page could happily be removed.

Well, one of the benefits of the OS and notable programs page is it makes it easier for people to find quality program easier. Obviously, the element of bias will need to be dealt with but it's not really harming anything.

#5 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:21 AM

Let's not wipe the contents of pages needing deletion. Posting about it here is a good step. I'll see if I can put together a template to use on the pages themselves. Deleting a page shouldn't be a unilateral decision in most cases. Make a note in the Talk page for that page as well.

#6 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've thrown together a template for this, {{ToDelete|Your reasoning here ~~~~}}, which is pretty much identical to the NeedsWork template, just with a different message and colour.

To see it in practice, this page has it.

A list of them can now be found here.

#7 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Wait, oeed, wasn't there already this template?
http://www.computerc...Template:Delete
It's fully protected, so it should be the official one.

#8 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

awsmazinggenius, on 26 March 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Wait, oeed, wasn't there already this template?
http://www.computerc...Template:Delete
It's fully protected, so it should be the official one.

Yea, I just noticed that yesterday. Although, I think that one doesn't look as serious as the one I used. That design is more for page components such as table, I'm using the one used for the NeedsWork, Stub, etc. It just makes more sense really.

#9 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Oh, I see. It doesn't need to be super serious though, it's a wiki about a Minecraft mod. It also says that "This page", but maybe we should have one for sections.

Edited by awsmazinggenius, 27 March 2014 - 02:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users