←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Bee Breeding with OpenPeripherals (now wit...

NerdimusPrime's Photo NerdimusPrime 28 Mar 2014

View PostMcLeopold, on 28 March 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

View PostTechnium, on 27 March 2014 - 11:04 PM, said:

Okay, the proxy takes care of the chest problem perfectly and the optional analyzer is a great feature, but I clearly don't understand this reference bee system at all :)

If I put unanalysed bees in the chest it properly analyses them but won't accept some mundane fresh bees to breed Cultivated or Common ("add more species"). If I start with a selection of random analysed bees it seems to treat most/all of them as reference. I'm lost, and can't get it to start at all no matter what I do.

Glad I'm not the only one. LOL

If the system doesn't start breeding, take a screenshot of the bees in the chest or make a list. I'll try and replicate it to see if there is a bug.

I started with the same unanalyzed bee complement you described. They got analyzed, then I got prompted for more species. They never got pushed into the apiary. Here are the screenshots, in the order I did things: http://imgur.com/a/g4Pnj#0

View PostMcLeopold, on 28 March 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 27 March 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Then I get this: http://i.imgur.com/GMUTzrD.png

--snip--

Head --> Desk
I see in the screen shot you have a "bees.species.meadows-bees.species.cultivated Drone" when I would have expected a "Meadows-Cultivated Drone". What version of CC and OpenPeripherals do you have? What mod pack is it?

That shot was after the original attempt failed, and I started throwing princesses and drones at it to see if it needed more. The hybrid one went in there by mistake. I misread that, and see what you mean now: why is the name formatting so screwy? My previous reply is the most current attempt.

OpenPeripherals 0.3.3
CC 1.58
Forestry 2.3.1.0
Magic Bees 2.1.12
No mod pack
Edited by NerdimusPrime, 28 March 2014 - 01:36 AM.

McLeopold's Photo McLeopold 28 Mar 2014

View PostVerTiGo_Etrex, on 28 March 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

I was in the middle of breeding Wight bees, and it crashed for the flowerProvider trait. The primary prints as "Flowers", and the inactive prints as nothing (nil? not sure).

In the beealyzer, it's listed as "Exotic Flowers".

http://snag.gy/jeNq0.jpg
http://snag.gy/Czp9Q.jpg

I've added "Exotic Flowers" and a check to use the default score if the table entry is not found. Reference bees can be turned off with a boolean at the beginning of the script; Turn it off if you don't want to keep a lot of extra princesses in the chest.

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

That shot was after the original attempt failed, and I started throwing princesses and drones at it to see if it needed more. The hybrid one went in there by mistake. I misread that, and see what you mean now: why is the name formatting so screwy? My previous reply is the most current attempt.

OpenPeripherals 0.3.3
CC 1.58
Forestry 2.3.1.0
Magic Bees 2.1.12
No mod pack

Are you on a bukkit server or an MCPC+ server? Are those the only 4 mods used? Is this 1.6.4 with forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965 or a different version?

There were issues like this in the previous version. Mostly likely the names are not matching between what the bee table is for an itemStack and what the getBeeBreedingData table returns.

EDIT: I've updated it to include the name mangle fix from the last version. I can't fully test it since my names are not mangled. Let me know if this works.

Here's my full mod list:
Spoiler

Edited by McLeopold, 28 March 2014 - 03:16 AM.

VerTiGo_Etrex's Photo VerTiGo_Etrex 28 Mar 2014

Still trying for Wight bees. It seems like the line that looks for possible mutations for wight bees fail (line 84), mutations[species1] is nil, and species1 prints as "Wight"

Running the latest version of DNS techpack

View PostMcLeopold, on 28 March 2014 - 03:07 AM, said:

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

OpenPeripherals 0.3.3
CC 1.58
Forestry 2.3.1.0
Magic Bees 2.1.12
No mod pack

Are you on a bukkit server or an MCPC+ server? Are those the only 4 mods used? Is this 1.6.4 with forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965 or a different version?

There were issues like this in the previous version. Mostly likely the names are not matching between what the bee table is for an itemStack and what the getBeeBreedingData table returns.

EDIT: I've updated it to include the name mangle fix from the last version. I can't fully test it since my names are not mangled. Let me know if this works.

Here's my full mod list:
--- snip ---

I'm on a vanilla server running 1.6.4 with forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965

Here's my full mod list:
Spoiler

I won't be able to test until this evening or tomorrow, but I'm hoping that name fix does the trick. Thanks for all the help with this, I really appreciate it.

http://imgur.com/ippNeCt

I feel guilty because I keep coming back and saying it's still not working. I broke my computer and replaced it, made sure no programs were installed, then installed openbees. First I tried pre-analyzed bees, and I got the message you see at the top: "openbee:85: attempt to index ? (a nil value)"

Then I tried unanalyzed bees, same group as before (2 forest princess, 1 meadows princess, 1 of each drone), and got what you see after "openbee Imperial".

VerTiGo_Etrex's Photo VerTiGo_Etrex 28 Mar 2014

I guess the bug I was reporting is more obvious than I thought. I'm trying to breed a wight bee, and I have a wight-ghastly hybrid in the chest, so when it looks at all the pairs of bees, the possible mutations for the "wight-ghastly" hybrid is listed as nothing. That's why there's a null pointer exception on line 84 (it's looking for possible mutations for a wight bee, and there is none).

To reproduce the bug cheat in a sulking princess, and a ghastly drone, and then ask it to breed a wight bee. When it makes a hybrid Wight princess (or drone? not sure because I don't have a drone, just a princess.), it'll NPE.

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

http://imgur.com/ippNeCt I feel guilty because I keep coming back and saying it's still not working. I broke my computer and replaced it, made sure no programs were installed, then installed openbees. First I tried pre-analyzed bees, and I got the message you see at the top: "openbee:85: attempt to index ? (a nil value)" Then I tried unanalyzed bees, same group as before (2 forest princess, 1 meadows princess, 1 of each drone), and got what you see after "openbee Imperial".

Don't feel guilty. I need testers that report errors to make the program better.

I looks like you've still got the incorrect species names coming through. I've just pushed some more updates. Get the latest version and try again. Also, but a chest on top of the chest. It will ditch obsolete drones now.

View PostMcLeopold, on 28 March 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

http://imgur.com/ippNeCt I feel guilty because I keep coming back and saying it's still not working. I broke my computer and replaced it, made sure no programs were installed, then installed openbees. First I tried pre-analyzed bees, and I got the message you see at the top: "openbee:85: attempt to index ? (a nil value)" Then I tried unanalyzed bees, same group as before (2 forest princess, 1 meadows princess, 1 of each drone), and got what you see after "openbee Imperial".
Don't feel guilty. I need testers that report errors to make the program better. I looks like you've still got the incorrect species names coming through. I've just pushed some more updates. Get the latest version and try again. Also, but a chest on top of the chest. It will ditch obsolete drones now.

OK, no more guilt. :)

Still with the species naming thing, though. At first I got this: http://i.imgur.com/6VLlvpx.png, but now I keep getting this, whether or not the bees are analyzed already: http://imgur.com/7O88Srp

I wonder if going from Forestry 2.3.1.0 to 2.3.1.1 would change anything. I couldn't find any patch notes on it, but you're running it.

Nope.

Hmm, from StackOverflow: "this error usually comes from trying to index a field on something that isn't a table, or nil."
Edited by NerdimusPrime, 29 March 2014 - 01:23 AM.

McLeopold's Photo McLeopold 29 Mar 2014

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 28 March 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

OK, no more guilt. :)

Good. :)

I've updated again. Try some more. I'm more concerned with that nil error. The last few updates have been adding feature and introducing bugs.

NerdimusPrime's Photo NerdimusPrime 29 Mar 2014

"analyzing bee 1...openbee:526: attempt to index ? (a nil value)"
Edited by NerdimusPrime, 29 March 2014 - 02:25 AM.

Technium's Photo Technium 29 Mar 2014

I just came to post another problem with looking up species in the mutations table (to do with being called "bees.species.xxx" again I believe) and found this update.

With the latest code I get (after "targetting XXX"):
openbee:578: attempt to perform arithmetic __div on nil and number

Looks like the apiary interface isn't performing exactly as you're seeing there. Can I provide you with any data? or could you test on an up-to-date version of OpenPeripherals? I'd love to get this up and running and will help where I can.

Edit:
My original problem still occurs if I turn reference bees off:
openbee:97: attempt to index ? (a nil value)

I would guess you're looking up the fixed name, but the table contains the original?
Edited by Technium, 29 March 2014 - 02:39 AM.

View PostTechnium, on 29 March 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

I just came to post another problem with looking up species in the mutations table (to do with being called "bees.species.xxx" again I believe) and found this update.

With the latest code I get (after "targetting XXX"):
openbee:578: attempt to perform arithmetic __div on nil and number

Looks like the apiary interface isn't performing exactly as you're seeing there. Can I provide you with any data? or could you test on an up-to-date version of OpenPeripherals? I'd love to get this up and running and will help where I can.

Just pushed another update. Try again and see if there error is still there.

EDIT: yep, that was a divide by zero error, er a divide a nil error. Who know bee breeding would implode the universe? It's fixed.
Edited by McLeopold, 29 March 2014 - 02:37 AM.

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 29 March 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

Yeah, fixed that one too. I'm pushing updates to fast. Gotta slow down.
Edited by McLeopold, 29 March 2014 - 02:45 AM.

Technium's Photo Technium 29 Mar 2014

Woah, it started!

Keep up the nice updates, even if they are a little ropey ;) Just stay away from dividing by diamonds!

View PostMcLeopold, on 29 March 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

WE HAVE A WINNER! http://imgur.com/nI6R4tN

I've netted a couple cultivated drones already, even though the princess keeps reverting back to forest.

Correction: we're up to cultivated princess. This is awesome, thanks so much! :D
Edited by NerdimusPrime, 29 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 29 March 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

I've netted a couple cultivated drones already, even though the princess keeps reverting back to forest.

Correction: we're up to cultivated princess. This is awesome, thanks so much! :D
You should see your reference bee count start to rise too. If it starts using reference bees to breed extra drones, it will go into a mode where it will perfect the reference bees.

View PostMcLeopold, on 29 March 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Oops, ran into another error. "openbee:590: attempt to compare nil with number"

It was going so well up to that point.

View PostMcLeopold, on 29 March 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 29 March 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

You should see your reference bee count start to rise too. If it starts using reference bees to breed extra drones, it will go into a mode where it will perfect the reference bees.

http://imgur.com/vMQvW1t

I restarted the program using all the bees it had made up to that point and, as of this comment, it's running again.
Edited by NerdimusPrime, 29 March 2014 - 03:59 AM.

View PostNerdimusPrime, on 29 March 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

Oops, ran into another error. "openbee:590: attempt to compare nil with number"

Fixed.