←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Strange Request...

Selkitty's Photo Selkitty 25 Feb 2012

I dont really know much about coding things, but I do dabble in lua for CC. However I find when I want to mess around with scripts is usually when I'm on my netbook (which cant run minecraft) and dont have a lot else to do XD

The Challenge: An out of game CC emulator, that runs the lua scripts the same way as CC does in game, with a similar interface. Hopefully something that will run on a computer that minecraft wont run on so that we can work on scripts without access to minecraft

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 25 Feb 2012

Selkitty, on 25 February 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

I dont really know much about coding things, but I do dabble in lua for CC. However I find when I want to mess around with scripts is usually when I'm on my netbook (which cant run minecraft) and dont have a lot else to do XD

The Challenge: An out of game CC emulator, that runs the lua scripts the same way as CC does in game, with a similar interface. Hopefully something that will run on a computer that minecraft wont run on so that we can work on scripts without access to minecraft

I'm sure it could be done,
But I doubt it would be easy as you would need to interpret both the lua code and somehow be able to interpret the CC functions seperately, With a specialized library of some kind.

Advert's Photo Advert 25 Feb 2012

I don't think this is as hard as it sounds. All you need to do is emulate some functions: fs.*; redstone.*, term.*, turtle.* can probably be ignored.
Most of the apis are defined in lua, the other are (parts) of lua standard libraries.

You can get LuaForWindows or whatever OS you have, then make an emulator for CC (in lua) that then loads the /lua directory.

Still, this would be quite a messy task, as you still have to do ticks, etc, and you'd probably want multiple computers being emulated, too...

Selkitty's Photo Selkitty 29 Feb 2012

I swear if I knew anything about coding I'd make one myself, but realy we do have so many brilliant programmers out there! and I'm sure they themselves could see a use for such a thing :x

FuzzyPurp's Photo FuzzyPurp 30 Aug 2012

Selkitty, on 29 February 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I swear if I knew anything about coding I'd make one myself, but realy we do have so many brilliant programmers out there! and I'm sure they themselves could see a use for such a thing :x

The person who 1st replied to your post has answered your prayers! Check out http://www.computerc...t-emulator-v04/ hosted here on the forums :)/>

KaoS's Photo KaoS 30 Aug 2012

yes but that requires you to have the game installed (that is where it gets the CC functions from), maybe you can copy the mod folder onto your netbook and direct it there

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 30 Aug 2012

KaoS, on 30 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

yes but that requires you to have the game installed (that is where it gets the CC functions from), maybe you can copy the mod folder onto your netbook and direct it there

That's why I made it search the working directory first, And the next version will solve this even more

KaoS's Photo KaoS 30 Aug 2012

I did not know it did that, +1 to you sir

Selkitty's Photo Selkitty 07 Sep 2012

This is interesting indeed! Having minecraft installed and having to run it are two very different things, the latter which my poor netbook can actually handle. I cant wait to check this out ! (waiting for CC to catch up with minecraft x3)