←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Krist - Minable currency that works across...

H4X0RZ's Photo H4X0RZ 18 Sep 2016

View Postapemanzilla, on 18 September 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostBomb Bloke, on 18 September 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostAnavrins, on 17 September 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

In theory yes, since android has a JVM, if you can access the CLI somehow, you should be able to run a Java cpu miner.

Sort of. It uses a VM called Dalvik, which doesn't handle class or jars directly; instead they have to be bundled up into dex files. These in turn are the executables within the APKs you'll typically download from eg the Google Play Store.

Checking the Terminal app on my phone it doesn't look like a regular "java" command is available, though apparently Terminal IDE offers one:

https://play.google....rtacuside&hl=en

View PostTheRockettek, on 18 September 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Would be good if any of the java emulators i found actually worked..

Just to be clear, you're not looking for a Java "emulator". Android runs on Unix (same as iOS and who knows what else). You don't need to "simulate" Java.

It's not that simple. Java runs a highly specialized version of Java that doesn't even use the same bytecode as the standard JVM. You would have to modify and recompile the code specifically for Android and then package it as an APK just to get it running. Even if you do do that you're going to get pitiful speeds in the <2 MH/s range, compared to 1 GH/s+ on desktop GPU-based mining.

What if you use the GPU of your phone?

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 18 Sep 2016

View PostH4X0RZ, on 18 September 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

What if you use the GPU of your phone?

It still wouldn't even come close to desktop GPU performance, even if you could get OpenCL or similar running on it.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 18 Sep 2016

its a kindle xD

You would have to modify and recompile the code specifically for Android and then package it as an APK just to get it running.

Can you do something for me please? ;D
(or make it in python or lua or something not java)

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 19 Sep 2016

View PostTheRockettek, on 18 September 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

its a kindle xD

You would have to modify and recompile the code specifically for Android and then package it as an APK just to get it running.

Can you do something for me please? ;D
(or make it in python or lua or something not java)

What's wrong with Java?

クデル's Photo クデル 28 Oct 2016

I have recently been working on krist-cli, a cli kristwallet written in Go. If you want to use it yourself download it from here or build it yourself and use the below screenshot as a reference.

Posted Image
Edited by كونورديلاني, 28 October 2016 - 02:38 PM.

クデル's Photo クデル 29 Oct 2016

As a small follow up to krist-cli, I have parsed the transaction response, making it look a lot nicer as well as a few performance improvements.

Screenshot

Xerxes's Photo Xerxes 03 Nov 2016

SwitchCraft's official currency has now been switched to Krist!
You can join SwitchCraft and trade with Krist today. If you don't have any, don't worry! Every player starts with 100 KST given to you by the server. You have the opportunity to make much more Krist by trading with the admin shop and other players. Come try it out.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 03 Nov 2016

Has the old wallet been updated since? :D i want to make one

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 15 Nov 2016

someone stole alot of kristscape domains :(/> (k5cinpi23j)...
(Also increased my password to 32 characters)
Edited by TheRockettek, 15 November 2016 - 08:26 PM.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 15 Nov 2016

Wut is Krist Tax Reduction?

HaddockDev's Photo HaddockDev 25 Nov 2016

Has anybody got turbokrist running on a Raspberry Pi? I've only been getting errors that shared object (.so) files don't exist.
okay yes i know running this on a RPi is a terrible idea because of the VideoCore IV, but it's something I can afford and don't mind running 24/7.t
P.S. it seems to be something with OpenCL.
Edited by Haddock, 25 November 2016 - 10:12 PM.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 25 Nov 2016

have you tried the cpu miners?

Admicos's Photo Admicos 25 Nov 2016

View PostHaddock, on 25 November 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Has anybody got turbokrist running on a Raspberry Pi? I've only been getting errors that shared object (.so) files don't exist.
okay yes i know running this on a RPi is a terrible idea because of the VideoCore IV, but it's something I can afford and don't mind running 24/7.t

Does the raspberry pi even have a GPU (and drivers) compatible with the version of OpenCL turbokrist requires?

HaddockDev's Photo HaddockDev 25 Nov 2016

View PostAdmicos, on 25 November 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostHaddock, on 25 November 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Does the raspberry pi even have a GPU (and drivers) compatible with the version of OpenCL turbokrist requires?
Probably not, according to eLinux on their wiki: http://elinux.org/Ra..._VideoCore_APIs
I don't even think it has any support for OpenCL at all.
To be honest, I just need something lightweight to mine on, and I don't think you wan't to see results of CPU mining on the RPi. Even my laptop, can't produce a block in under 1 minute with CPU mining.
Edited by Haddock, 25 November 2016 - 10:46 PM.

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 25 Nov 2016

There aren't any OpenCL drivers for the Raspberry pi, and even if there were the performance would be pitiful.

Mao Zedong's Photo Mao Zedong 27 Dec 2016

Is there a list of servers that use Krist?

CrazedProgrammer's Photo CrazedProgrammer 27 Dec 2016

I think I'm the only one mining...
It will still take a lot of time for me to get to the top 15 which makes me sad

Mao Zedong's Photo Mao Zedong 27 Dec 2016

View PostCrazedProgrammer, on 27 December 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

I think I'm the only one mining...
It will still take a lot of time for me to get to the top 15 which makes me sad

Trading Krist seems to be more effective these days. On servers and things.

PLKids's Photo PLKids 29 Dec 2016

Very nice program, however I get the error "krist:1126: attempt to concatenate string and nil" when trying to open the command "kristwallet." Any help appreciated!

3d6's Photo 3d6 29 Dec 2016

Fixed, please redownload and it should work now ;)